Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strahan just predicted Skins wont make playoffs

Mothmonsterman

We're in the toughest division in the league. One team from the NFC East will be left out. He has a 25% chance of being right. The Cowgirls are going, and you'd THINK the returning Superbowl Champions have a very good shot (though I personally think they'll be the team that doesn't make it). That leaves us and the Iggles. We beat the 'pukes in a fairly close game, and the Iggles lost to them in a fairly close game. Not that much of a difference between us and the Iggles, so he chose us as the team that won't make it. Whoopadeeedooo.

One thing about the love we've seen since the Cowboys game is the universally identifiable fact this team looks different and better than it has even when it has been 3-1 before. It is not unreasonable to doubt we'll make the playoffs. It is more likely than not teams will start developing a book on Zorn and we haven't seen how he'll adjust to that yet. Remember, most "books" are created in four game chunks. So the first four games are on tape for Zorn now. Tendencies will begin to show themselves. Teams will start taking away some things they identify as offensive strengths and Zorn will have to prove he's up to the challenge.

It's that ebb and flow that will define how this team does this year and how Zorn does overall.

Guest DC_FEELS_ME

i would say we have a 50/50 chance with the nfc east being such a tight division this year....hopefully the team stays healthy and can keep the streak going. we have a good chance to finish 11-5 or even 12-4 if we beat philly.

Nothing is guaranteed - we started 3-1 last year but fell off due to injury and losing a lot of close games. We needed a miracle finish to make it and we got it.

The only difference now is that the team actually looks legit where in the past it almost seemed as we were fortunate to be in position to win the games.

I dont think its unreasonable to think that. 1 game separates the entire division and we all play pretty much the same schedule. I like Strahan so Im not going to be too hard on him. Its not like he was out of left field with the prediction. Teams will start to figure out what we do and we will have to adjust like was said before. We also have a bad habit of let downs so dont knock the guy too hard. Then again, we could also go 13-3 and tell everyone to kiss our back sides...lol Its still pretty up in the air right now.

It is more likely than not teams will start developing a book on Zorn and we haven't seen how he'll adjust to that yet. Remember, most "books" are created in four game chunks. So the first four games are on tape for Zorn now. Tendencies will begin to show themselves. Teams will start taking away some things they identify as offensive strengths and Zorn will have to prove he's up to the challenge.

It's funny but Zorn actually talked about that in his press conference on Monday which I thought was great. It showed that he is fully aware that what is working right now won't necessarily work next month or even next game. He basically said that they will have to adapt and adjust as the season goes on. He is no Steve Spurrier.

I dont think its unreasonable to think that. 1 game separates the entire division and we all play pretty much the same schedule. I like Strahan so Im not going to be too hard on him. Its not like he was out of left field with the prediction. Teams will start to figure out what we do and we will have to adjust like was said before. We also have a bad habit of let downs so dont knock the guy too hard. Then again, we could also go 13-3 and tell everyone to kiss our back sides...lol Its still pretty up in the air right now.

I may endup sounding like a broken record. Even though we are all one game apart the skins are the only team that would have played every other division team AWAY after this sunday. if we beat the Beagles, unless we get inuries calore no way we don't make the playoffs.

One thing about the love we've seen since the Cowboys game is the universally identifiable fact this team looks different and better than it has even when it has been 3-1 before. It is not unreasonable to doubt we'll make the playoffs. It is more likely than not teams will start developing a book on Zorn and we haven't seen how he'll adjust to that yet. Remember, most "books" are created in four game chunks. So the first four games are on tape for Zorn now. Tendencies will begin to show themselves. Teams will start taking away some things they identify as offensive strengths and Zorn will have to prove he's up to the challenge.

It's that ebb and flow that will define how this team does this year and how Zorn does overall.

Yep. But I already see this team evolving (I never knew I'd use that term positiviely ;) ) and using that to the advantage.

For example, last week Dallas put all of their eggs in one basket counting on JC to stare down his receivers and telegraph his passes. Guess what? He didn't. Several replays I saw showed his eyes leading and then shifting multiple times to different recievers even when not pressured. We saw what it did to the Dallas defense: drive after drive after drive into the redzone.

Archived