Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strahan just predicted Skins wont make playoffs

Mothmonsterman

What was his justification?

His justification was that while he likes Jason Campbell, he is the most inexperienced quarterback in the NFC East. And while he's playing well now, he needs to play well for a long stretch and that is an unknown as of yet with JC.

I don't really see anything wrong with what he said. The question was who do you see not making the playoffs out of the 4 NFC East teams. It's really too hard to tell, and so you go with the cop out answer - the most inexperienced of the QBs.

He also said last Sunday that this was a much different Skins team and that the Giants were lucky to play them in the first game of the season.

One thing about the love we've seen since the Cowboys game is the universally identifiable fact this team looks different and better than it has even when it has been 3-1 before.
Careful, Art. You may break your Three Posts Per Month limitation, and it's only Oct 1st.

But I was about to mention words to this effect. It just FEELS different this time. We've been saying for years "Yeah, but the team needs to GEL," and "Where's the chemistry?", but now that stuff seems to be happening. It feels different.

The only difference now is that the team actually looks legit where in the past it almost seemed as we were fortunate to be in position to win the games.
Precisely.

I saw the end of the interview. When asked "which team will be left out," strahan said "well, three teams made it last year, I think it will be the redskins again." As if we were not one of the three last year. Did he forget we made it in 2007? Anyone else catch that?

:dallasuck

1st post. Woo-hoo!!!

Right now we are where Dallas was last week at this time....on top of the Media & Hype NFL world.

Some humbling is NOT a bad thing.

Well realistically we are 4 quarters away from trading places with Philly in the Media & Hype NFL world. If the Eagles win then expect the weekly trophy of HYPE to be resting in Philly next week....thats just the way it is nowadays.

Strahan is going out on a limb and he is definitly going against the current grain of the analysts love for the Skins......its obvious his love for the Giants still exists and perhaps the attention the Skins have gotten since Sunday is reaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaally angering him!

Any of the 4 teams could easily miss the playoffs. I don't take much offense to that as a Redskin fan. We made a big statement by winning in Dallas, but it's very early. I agree that this 3-1 feels better than last year's, 2005's, and even Spurrier's...but to an outsider, I don't blame them for just excluding the team with the new coach and least-proven QB.

What's cool is that the NFC East has sent both wildcards for two years running and we have a good shot to do that again!

One thing about the love we've seen since the Cowboys game is the universally identifiable fact this team looks different and better than it has even when it has been 3-1 before. It is not unreasonable to doubt we'll make the playoffs. It is more likely than not teams will start developing a book on Zorn and we haven't seen how he'll adjust to that yet. Remember, most "books" are created in four game chunks. So the first four games are on tape for Zorn now. Tendencies will begin to show themselves. Teams will start taking away some things they identify as offensive strengths and Zorn will have to prove he's up to the challenge.

It's that ebb and flow that will define how this team does this year and how Zorn does overall.

Completely agree.

OTOH, what we've seen so far is not an illusion as to the talent on this team, and Zorn has already shown adaptation abilities after an up-and-down preseason and a rough opening week.

This is the best team we've fielded since the early 90's. Now, whether it remains healthy and focused remains to be seen, but I've not seen quality football like this over the course of weeks that I didn't feel was some sort of aberration or lucky streat or hot streak since then. This team is legitimately good.

on ESPN2...

seriously? the giants scored 1 TD against a skins team that was playing horribly, went into OT against the Bengals (who havent won a game this season) and their only blowout game was against the worst team in the league 2 seasons in a row... please.

Sorry, Moth, but I have to call shenanigans with your post. No way Strahan was able to get that much information our of his mouth in any coherent way. I just don't believe it.:rolleyes:

The Skins need to keep up the intensity. If they can beat the Beagles, they'll have all the their division road games behind them. 4-1 would be nice but 3-2 wouldn't be bad either. Getting to McNabb who can buy time with his feet will be key. Jason Taylor woulda been nice to have for this game.

One thing about the love we've seen since the Cowboys game is the universally identifiable fact this team looks different and better than it has even when it has been 3-1 before. It is not unreasonable to doubt we'll make the playoffs. It is more likely than not teams will start developing a book on Zorn and we haven't seen how he'll adjust to that yet. Remember, most "books" are created in four game chunks. So the first four games are on tape for Zorn now. Tendencies will begin to show themselves. Teams will start taking away some things they identify as offensive strengths and Zorn will have to prove he's up to the challenge.

It's that ebb and flow that will define how this team does this year and how Zorn does overall.

i think for how good the team looks right now, how prepared each player is, how precise each unit looks, zorn might get figured out for a game or two, but he'll adapt. he's very quick

Yes, they went into overtime but, in the Giants defense, they won a game they were supposed to win. Good teams do that. What happened to the Broncos, Packers and Saints last week and the Pats the week before?

What we have to do to be a GOOD team is not only beat other good teams but also the ones we're "supposed" to beat.

If we can do that, we'll make a believer of "The Gap".

Archived