Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Strahan just predicted Skins wont make playoffs

Mothmonsterman

Nothing is guaranteed - we started 3-1 last year but fell off due to injury and losing a lot of close games. We needed a miracle finish to make it and we got it.

The only difference now is that the team actually looks legit where in the past it almost seemed as we were fortunate to be in position to win the games.

Actually, the bigger difference between this year's 3-1 start and last year's is that last year the Skins started against weaker teams and had a much stronger schedule in the middle of the season. This year the Skins schedule is MUCH easier in the middle of the season.

I can legitimately see this team (Skins) going 8-2 outside their division, thereby making 11-5 a real possibility if they go just 3-3 within the division...barring injuries, of course.

We're in the toughest division in the league. One team from the NFC East will be left out. He has a 25% chance of being right. The Cowgirls are going, and you'd THINK the returning Superbowl Champions have a very good shot (though I personally think they'll be the team that doesn't make it). That leaves us and the Iggles. We beat the 'pukes in a fairly close game, and the Iggles lost to them in a fairly close game. Not that much of a difference between us and the Iggles, so he chose us as the team that won't make it. Whoopadeeedooo.

What makes you think the cowboys will make it this year? Because they won 13 games last year? They are soft and have an inconsistent QB, not to mention a locker room that is a traveling circus that could explode in about 10 different ways. The Giants are not soft, and they are not going to miss the playoffs. I also don't think that we will either. The Cowboys, Eagles, Panthers or Bucs will fight for that last wild card spot.

on ESPN2...

seriously? the giants scored 1 TD against a skins team that was playing horribly, went into OT against the Bengals (who havent won a game this season) and their only blowout game was against the worst team in the league 2 seasons in a row... please.

Come on, we all know the Superbowl goes through Strahan's teeth.

Always seemed to me Strahan hated the Redskins more than the Eagles. Use to like the guy until I seen that commercial where he bashed Washington. Felt so good watching him struggling to say something positive about the Redskins along with Jimmy in the Cowboys/Redskins Post game show.:gaintsuck:dallasuck:eaglesuck

If the Skins go to Philly and beat the Eagles a week after beating the Cowboys in Dallas with games coming up against the AFC Central, I would bet anyone my paycheck the Skins will be in the playoffs.

4-1 with wins against dallas and philly and miss the playoffs? Strahan is on DRUGS

We're in the toughest division in the league. One team from the NFC East will be left out. He has a 25% chance of being right. The Cowgirls are going, and you'd THINK the returning Superbowl Champions have a very good shot (though I personally think they'll be the team that doesn't make it). That leaves us and the Iggles. We beat the 'pukes in a fairly close game, and the Iggles lost to them in a fairly close game. Not that much of a difference between us and the Iggles, so he chose us as the team that won't make it. Whoopadeeedooo.

I wish everybody would stop saying that the Dallas game was really close. Yes it was close on the scoreboard but that was only because the Redskins basically gave the cowboys 10 points, the 3 points at the end of the first half & the touchdown near the end of the game. Don't forget about that phantom holding call on Rabach, that cost us 4 points (we got 3 instead of 7). The score should have been more like 30-14 or 26-14. We dominated Dallas. Having said all that the eagles defense worries me more than the cowboys. Also this team is much different than Redskin teams in the last few years. Gibbs coached not to lose & Zorn is coaching to win.

:eaglesuck:eaglesuck:eaglesuck

Redskins 24 Eagles 10

Honestly, you could make a case that two teams from the NFC East not making it. And those two teams will be better than the other four getting in. The NFC East is going to beat up on each other this year. You could see 4 3-3 divisional records. Don't get me wrong, I still think 3 will make it, but it could happen. Strahan is just stating his opinion. It's a really tough question though, who gets left out. These are four really good teams and its really a crap shoot. I hope Strahan craps out

If the Skins beat Philly I'd be really disappointed if they weren't 7-1 3 weeks later. I'll still be disappointed with anything worse than 6-2 if we lose so I guess it will come down to how we do in our home division games. If we win those and we should at least take 2 of 3 then we should make the playoffs, unless Zorn has a Norv run in between.

on ESPN2...

seriously? the giants scored 1 TD against a skins team that was playing horribly, went into OT against the Bengals (who havent won a game this season) and their only blowout game was against the worst team in the league 2 seasons in a row... please.

The Giants are 3-0, no matter how you window dress it.

What does that have to do with the subject of the thread?

If the Redskins beat Philly then people will start to really believe. It's one game at a time. I don't call it "hating", I call it "show me you're for real." The Redskins, if they win at Philly, could end up 7-1 the first half of the season before the Monday Night game against Pittsburgh at Fed Ex Field to start the second half of the season. Wins are certainly inevitable against the Rams/Browns at home and then at Detroit to round out the first 8 games. Call me crazy. This defense is still pretty damn good and our QB actually looks pretty damn good as do the RB, TE & WR's... Not to mention playcalling and Head Coach.

Archived