Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin on the Seahawk fansite making fun of 9-11

Inquisitor

Deadspin has now picked up on the story, the owner of the site responsible for the posts, which also included an incredibly crude thread on the death of Dick Lynch, complete with picture of dead corpse, has been outed by Giants fans. His personal information has been made available to the media, and there is word a Giants beat writer may even run with the story. I guess hell has no fury like BBI scorned.

http://deadspin.com/5055403/seahawks-message-board-poster-succeeds-in-creating-rivalry-with-the-giants-fails-as-human

Pretty ****ty, but it seems to have pretty much only been one guy.

Post 4 on this page lol.

http://www.seahawkshuddle.com/v1/viewtopic.php?t=19276&postdays=0&postorder=asc&&start=30

No, that's not true, it was at least four members, possibly more. But the truth of the matter is the site is a crappy little basement run operation, that barely generates any traffic. These guys are hardly indicative of the average Seahawks fan. But the idea that this would be started, and encouraged by the founder of a NFL fansite? Ridiculous. And want to hear something even more pathetic, the resident sleuths over on BBI traced the piece of crap admin going by the name of "Anguish" as having the exact same personal information as the founder "Mason."

Its pretty clear he is a dupe, and is scrambling to limit the damage. Too bad for him the anonymity of the internet isn't what it once was.

No, that's not true, it was at least four members, possibly more. But the truth of the matter is the site is a crappy little basement run operation, that barely generates any traffic. These guys are hardly indicative of the average Seahawks fan. But the idea that this would be started, and encouraged by the founder of a NFL fansite? Ridiculous. And want to hear something even more pathetic, the resident sleuths over on BBI traced the piece of crap admin going by the name of "Anguish" as having the exact same personal information as the founder "Mason."

Its pretty clear he is a dupe, and is scrambling to limit the damage. Too bad for him the anonymity of the internet isn't what it once was.

Yeah it may have been 4, but like you said, the worst part is that it was the freaking owner of an NFL site, not just some random person.

];5591403']**** the Seahawks. They have some extremely ignorant ass fans. Remember all the Skins fans who had to endure jokes about Taylor's death last season?

why am I not surprised at this ****. I was at that game. I got so pissed at what was going on, I told their customer service. Just cause, didn't really think it would do anything. Well, I got free tickets to the game this year.

I'm going and taking a video camera with me.

to add, I work with a guy who is a season ticket holder in Seattle and he is actually way cool. We talk football all the time. He sits next to a guy who went to a Raiders game last year and was stabbed. He had a hard time believing my stories from the playoff game, said he never saw assaults, just screaming. He did say that after hearing what happen to all of us SKins fans, he felt really bad and said it was a shame. So, all in all, not all of their fans are *******s, but many who go to the games. Sad thing is, I used to be a sorta seattle fan til last Jan, now i hate them nearly as much as dallas and philthy.

email from my Seattle fan co-worker- I sent him the link

"That is horrible – I don’t read that site btw. Seahawkaddicts.com and fieldgulls.com are the blogs that I frequent. 9/11 is not something that any American should joke about. "

*Update*

Well the Giants beat writer Ralph Vacchiano decided to run the story on his blog.

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/09/lowlife-uses-911-to-rile-up-gi.html

As a result the sniveling cretin who began this all by trolling giantszone.com has issued a full apology on the front page of his site. In other words, this is the greatest example in the history of mankind of a troll getting exactly what he deserved.

;5592078']This comment ticked me off.....

"I kind of like it' date=' because now New Yorkers dont think they are so invincible anymore.

I must have missed it. I thought a lot more than just New Yorkers were impacted by 9/11. I'd like to meet the guy who made that comment in person.[/quote']

He wouldn't even think about it. Everyone's tougher behind their monitor.

Archived