Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Deadspin on the Seahawk fansite making fun of 9-11

Inquisitor

Lets not stereotype the entire city of Seattle. The guy who did this is awful, but he doesn't represent the whole city (or even the Seahawks team).

Yes he does. He is a seahawks fan. If it happened here, don't you think you be embarrassed reading this all over the news? Sorry, I know I would.

Yes he does. He is a seahawks fan. If it happened here, don't you think you be embarrassed reading this all over the news? Sorry, I know I would.

Being a fan of a team doesn't make you a representative for a whole city or even for the team itself. A fan is a fan, and the team/city shouldn't be responsible if a fan decides to be a jack-ass on his own time.

Again, that's my two cents.

Disgusting. I can't fathom the neanderthal mindset of the schmuck who posted that. And the guy who originated it owns the site!

I hope people are contacting that site's advertisers in full force letting them know the type of page they are advertising on.

Big Blue Interactive is an interesting read on this. They scoped out the guy's personal information, and found out where he works. One guy owns a software engineering company with more than 300 client domains on GoDaddy.com. GoDaddy.com also hosts Seahawks Huddle, the offending web site. The guy contacted GoDaddy representative, and threatened to move all his clients off GoDaddy unless they do something about the offensive page.

http://corner.bigblueinteractive.com/index.php?mode=2&thread=304734&show_all=1

Seahawks Huddle owner has a Myspace page:

http://www.myspace.com/seahawkshuddle

"How long does it take to fall 107 floors?....The rest of your life!"

I'm sorry, but that is funny.

The rest of it is weak, just like the Seahawks.

That is funny to you??? I'm sorry, but someone would have to be a sick **** to find any humor in that. As to the rest, suffice it to say I would call it many other things besides "weak."

The rent is due on your ivory tower.

Sorry boyd, but I can see from right here on ground level that's an unfunny, sick "joke". Really, no offense, but it boggles my mind that you can find humor in that. And for you to post that you think it is funny should embarrass you.

Sorry boyd, but I can see from right here on ground level that's an unfunny, sick "joke". Really, no offense, but it boggles my mind that you can find humor in that. And for you to post that you think it is funny should embarrass you.

Fair enough. "Funny" doesn't belong to either of us. Still a good punch line, though.

Stop judging people, particularly when "jokes" are involved. If you don't, you might embarrass yourself.

Fair enough. "Funny" doesn't belong to either of us. Still a good punch line, though.

Stop judging people, particularly when "jokes" are involved. If you don't, you might embarrass yourself.

Keep promoting how funny all those jokes are about people jumping to their deaths on 9/11, Boyd. Because I'll tell you that I own funny, not you. You wouldn't know funny if it walked up to you and slapped you across your face.

Keep promoting how funny all those jokes are about people jumping to their deaths on 9/11, Boyd. Because I'll tell you that I own funny, not you. You wouldn't know funny if it walked up to you and slapped you across your face.

I agree, I cant fathom how those people must have felt as they plunged to their death. It makes me sick to my stomach thinking about it. :(

Un-frickin-believable.

Yeah, I'm sure all the families who lost loved ones on 9-11 found that joke to be absolutely hilarious. We lost a family friend in that attack and I don't find that to be even the least bit humorous...more like sick and demented. I'd tell you to grow up, but I see you are 38, so I'll just tell you to stop being a pathetic douchebag who jokes about peoples' deaths.

As for the subject matter of this thread, this type of behavior/talk/mindset is absolutely despicable. It really makes me sick to my stomach that there are people like this in our world.

I realize all Seattle fans can't be judged based on a few jerks, but they sure take the cake as the organization with some of the most reprehensible lunatic followers IMO.

When jokes are involved? There are just some things in life that should never have the word joke associated with it in any way, shape, or form. And what happened on 9/11 is one of those things. Anyone who makes a joke or laughs at one about it is an idiot in my book.

No it isn't. This is the worst post I've seen on ES.

There is NOTHING funny in any way, shape or form regarding the 9-11 tragedies. Perhaps you didn't lose someone you knew or loved but many of us did. All Americans lost freedoms and innocents on that day.

Archived