Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

DUMBEST things you've heard a fan say?

Santana_Fan

The people who say Shanny has done nothing....not one thing, to improve the roster.

That bugs me too. When he got here we had Jason Campbell, an aging CP, a TERRIBLE OL no wrs, and some fat guy being paid 100 mill to lay on the ground and watch ppl run bye him....plus we were in the biggest cap mess we had ever been in and had the oldest roster in the NFL. (thanks Vinny).

IMO he has transfored our roster into a YOUNG, hungry and talented team with alot of upside and even more depth. People can complain about lack of depth or that RG3 saved Shannys job, but I have been very encouraged by oour depth. Think about our injuries this year and the depth players that stepped in...

Rob Jackson was depth (played great)

Jarvis Jenkins was depth (played great)

Josh LeRibus was depth (played great in limited opportunities)

Reed Doughty was depth (played OK, not great)

Madiu williams was depth (ok ok he played terrible)

My point is when was the last time that we had that many injuries and had DEPTH players step into a starting roll and we went on to have a big time season?

That bugs me too. When he got here we had Jason Campbell, an aging CP, a TERRIBLE OL no wrs, and some fat guy being paid 100 mill to lay on the ground and watch ppl run bye him....plus we were in the biggest cap mess we had ever been in and had the oldest roster in the NFL. (thanks Vinny).

IMO he has transfored our roster into a YOUNG, hungry and talented team with alot of upside and even more depth. People can complain about lack of depth or that RG3 saved Shannys job, but I have been very encouraged by oour depth. Think about our injuries this year and the depth players that stepped in...

Rob Jackson was depth (played great)

Jarvis Jenkins was depth (played great)

Josh LeRibus was depth (played great in limited opportunities)

Reed Doughty was depth (played OK, not great)

Madiu williams was depth (ok ok he played terrible)

My point is when was the last time that we had that many injuries and had DEPTH players step into a starting roll and we went on to have a big time season?

And throw in the fact that Shanny and Bruce have not had one "regular" off season during their time here. No free agency the first year basically, lockout the second, and the cap thing last year right as free agency started. And another cap penalty off season this year. Its amazing how much better we have gotten really. I laugh out loud at the people who think he hasn't done anything. "The few good players he got made him look good"....duh....isn't that the point...to bring in good players so you get better???? I don't understand their line of reasoning.

Here's a gem from a comment on CSNwashington.com talking about Hilliard leaving for Buff...

'Wouldn't it be great if Santana Moss was name the receivers' player/coach. Best of both worlds, and his total compensation could be shared between the two roles, possibly saving some space."

What a great idea!!! Lets pay Santanna to be the WR coach and that way he'll play for free!

Yea that is ridiculous. It has to be either or, not both. I seen a car last year with a Cowboy flag and a Redskins flag on it.

Actually that is hilarious if it was a married couple I could seen half the car painted redskins and half cowboys and than have a decal that say in case of wreck please aim for the cowboys side lol

Get this, fellas. Here's a good one.

There's this one poster who said, and this is quite the fart-inducing laugh, that the dumbest thing he's heard is someone else (with a positive outlook) stating "RG3 is going to recover 100% and start next season".

Man, that was a good one. Not sure where or when it occurred though and by whom. Sorry.

Got anything to refute what I said in that thread or are you just a drive-by? Let's hear your take on the Caps. I've been watching and supporting that team long before you were born. I mean, it's easy to cut and paste a thread without even putting your 2 cents in.

And this is a football thread. Let's keep hockey in the hockey thread.

Got anything to refute what I said in that thread or are you just a drive-by? Let's hear your take on the Caps. I've been watching and supporting that team long before you were born. I mean, it's easy to cut and paste a thread without even putting your 2 cents in.

Agreed. What's wrong with being critical of the Caps? They didn't even try last night in their HOME opener.

Wasn't replying to anyone specific. Just think the whole "Capitals will never win a cup; they're playoff window is gone" is silly. It's only been 2 games...

I took this as a Fans in general thread not just football.

Agreed. What's wrong with being critical of the Caps? They didn't even try last night in their HOME opener.

Nothing especially to play like garbage. I was focusing more on it seemed some comments were suggesting that the Capitals will never win a cup and the team isn't worth any good while it's still early in the season... Who knows what could happen, did we expect a 7 game win streak from the Redskins after losing to Carolina?

Archived