Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

yeah im from Ma and still a diehard skins fan. Always backed Jason, but after tonight, he looked nothing better than a rookie. He stared down his primary targets, and constantly went for the safe passes underneath when he needed first downs. He seemed timid and completely unintelligent; even Zorn looked beyond disgusted with his play. After tonight, its safe to say for me that Jason Campbell is not the future.

And i do not want to hear the excuse of a new system or how I am overreacting. Recievers in the end still run similar routes, and he was really just missing his spots and being incredibly indecisive with the football while not reading the defense. We wouldnt of made the postseason with campbell last year (thanks todd), and we wont make it with campbell this year either. So lets give someone else a try. Whether it be Colt, who looks like hes got that sort of swag to him, or hell, maybe we could even watch randle el play some QB; id bet we'd get more first downs because atleast ARE is a playmaker who wouldnt be afraid to throw a long pass when he knows we need it. Id bet we'd get more first downs this way. Truth is, these days in the NFL a team can only go only as far as their QB, and jason looked like he belonged on some intramural flag football team.

I dare anyone to disagree with me.

JC had good off-season. He is a leader. Going to have all pro year. Read that on Extremeskins.com. :laugh:

I was with a girl tonight who even pointed out Campbell missing open guys. Come on!

I don't know to laugh or cry.

:doh:

Watching Jason play football tonight was very lame. I kept saying "throw the DAMN BALL". Even your boy Ramsey got rid of the ball faster than this guy.

You cant acheive that without some talent. That being said if you put these struggles solely on Campbell you are missing the other problems on this team. If Colt or Collins get in the game and the same things happen what then? You got off the Campbell train way too early.

At least Collins would have gotten rid of the ball. He might not have a gun for an arm, but he at least scans the field to look for the open man.

Jason Campbell is a gongshow. Hes a wimp. He sucked in college. Was average if u wanna argue. HES BIGGER THAN MOST LINEBACKERS HES 6 5 230 this scared arguement is a pure bs excuse to hide the fact he sucks. Chase Daniel is a little smaller is a man and will run a linebacker over. I say he couldnt beat USC or Georgia. Hes such a baby. Use your size, step up and throw it. Todd Collins times before this season is Mays USC Time

But not every QB have to change offense every year like Jason had to do every year.

I'm so tired of that excuse. The Ford mechanic has a couple weeks to prove himself at the Chevy shop. What the hell is so different about hitting an open man, picking up a blitz, doing your reads, finding a dumpoff in any system. And what system teaches you to hold the ball 8 seconds and roll into sacks? Besides, his plays tonight were straight out of last year anyway.

The whole 2nd half neither team scored. So 1 td at any point in the half would have made it a closs game. The play calling was bad, and I don't even want to defend Zorn after that game, but he had to pick plays that the O-line could handle because they really sucked. But when a pass play was called the receviers down feild were coverd well, so JC held on to the ball, or took the stupid check down plays because it was all he had.

We were playing way to slow the 2nd half, Zorn talked all training camp about getting to the ball fast, and keeping the pace moveing, that didn't happen.

The skins got beat, they need to improve fast, and the O-line better find themselves.

Listening to Campbell talk he just sounds like a scared loser.

Why not just man up like Jason Taylor did and admit he needs to make more plays for this football team?

Rather than man up Campbell says some BS that the whole team made mistakes. A true leader would never say something like that in order to deflect the attention away from a horrible performance.

I got off the train last season. I am not trying to convince anyone that Campbell is 10% natural talent, 20% awesome, 20% average and 50% garbage. His performance speaks for itself.

He made the comment in the post game interview that the team needs to work on coming up short on 3rd downs.

Just once.

I thought Campbell did a good job coming up short on 3rd down.

Listening to Campbell talk he just sounds like a scared loser.

Rather than man up Campbell says some BS that the whole team made mistakes. A true leader would never say something like that in order to deflect the attention away from a horrible performance.

Though I think Mark was coming from a different place (basically, if he was younger, we would have had a pretty good team) he did pretty much the same ____. He never said anything about "I flubbed up out there. I need to do a better job." Even when it was clear he was AWFUL from an individual standpoint, he'd talk about "we." No, mofo--YOU.

If Campbell picked it up, that's a big mistake. A leader should say WE when they are successful and "ME/I" when they blow it, unless it's a tough loss where he can't in good conscience blame himself.

Though I think Mark was coming from a different place (basically, if he was younger, we would have had a pretty good team) he did pretty much the same ____. He never said anything about "I flubbed up out there. I need to do a better job." Even when it was clear he was AWFUL from an individual standpoint, he'd talk about "we." No, mofo--YOU.

If Campbell picked it up, that's a big mistake. A leader should say WE when they are successful and "ME/I" when they blow it, unless it's a tough loss where he can't in good conscience blame himself.

The good news is that Zorn will tell Dan and Vinny when enough is enough with the Campbell experiment (I think?). At this point the FO would have to be nutso to give JC an extension. It's time for Collins to get some playing time until Colt Brennen/unknown future draftpick is ready to make plays for this team.

At least Collins would have gotten rid of the ball. He might not have a gun for an arm, but he at least scans the field to look for the open man.

Campbell took one sack tonight. That was definitely on him (and Ill put the pass batted down on him too). The rest of the night he was rolling around and hitting his checkdowns or throwing the ball away. Those are the plays that look ugly but are the right ones. Last year he fires that into double coverage for the late game INT and everyone's talking about the late game turnovers again. Or maybe he holds onto the ball when he should throw it away and you get those sack/fumbles that we all remember.

Now, if you are saying he should go back to chucking into double coverage, by all means, thats your perrogative. If he should sit in the pocket and just hold the ball, sure thats your perogative. Some people were talking about how he had receivers open down field. I dont have Tivo so I would have to take your word for it (I really cant say youre wrong). Im just amazed how one sided everyone is. No one can say Campbell lit it up tonight. But if you say that same tired crap that just isnt factually true, youre seeing what you want and not what happened. These problems run deeper than Campbell.

Campbell took one sack tonight. That was definitely on him (and Ill put the pass batted down on him too). The rest of the night he was rolling around and hitting his checkdowns or throwing the ball away. Those are the plays that look ugly but are the right ones. Last year he fires that into double coverage for the late game INT and everyone's talking about the late game turnovers again. Or maybe he holds onto the ball when he should throw it away and you get those sack/fumbles that we all remember.

Now, if you are saying he should go back to chucking into double coverage, by all means, thats your perrogative. If he should sit in the pocket and just hold the ball, sure thats your perogative. Some people were talking about how he had receivers open down field. I dont have Tivo so I would have to take your word for it (I really cant say youre wrong). Im just amazed how one sided everyone is. No one can say Campbell lit it up tonight. But if you say that same tired crap that just isnt factually true, youre seeing what you want and not what happened. These problems run deeper than Campbell.

You gotta get Tivo. It especially nice on slo-mo. Jason had several receivers open, but he chose his checkdowns that were well short of the 1st down. Don't know why he did, but he's taking a lot of heat for it tonight.

Funny how the problems last year 'went deeper' until Jason got hurt and Todd came in and basically conducted the offense like a maestro. That's not to say Todd is an elite prospect (he really wasn't 'elite' when he came out, IMO) but one would think this offense would come a bit easier to Jason than Saunders'.

More and more, I'm thinking that, ASSUMING we still picked up Brunell that we go with Brunell and then kept Ramsey in the lineup, let him be a stopgap until you find someonee with a quick release and more than one very good year of being a QB in college. And screw 'unflappable.' Jason is not unflappable, he just APPEARS calm. His play indicates something else entirely.

Hell, I found Brunell was somewhat 'unflappable' and seemed to have more pep, even when he was going 5-17. Seriously.

Actually, Jason never appears calm. Not only does he fold under pressure on the football field he constantly uses "escape phrases" when talking with the media.

When he first got here it was "you know". I remember one time someone counted and he said it like 25 times in a 5 minute interview.

Now he says "like i say" real fast, but his next comments are never related to something he has said in the past:doh:

And then when he does find the open man (Moss down the sideline) he throws it too late and almost causes a turnover. If he throws that ball right when Moss makes the first move, it's 6 points. Moss had his man beat like a drum on that play.

But at Auburn the receiver would have been 10+ yards away from any defender and it would have been an easy 6 points.

The level of play in this league is just above Campbell and Gibbs should have been able to figure it out.

The first time Campbell played in a real game here and he ran backwards about 15 yards and then took about 3-5 seconds to do this crazy windup to get rid of the ball I was going ????????? Was that for real? But I'm no NFL head coach or scout so maybe I just didn't get it.

Maybe it's just me but you'd think that someone would have wondered if his seemingly slowness to do things, even the way he talks, was because he just doesn't think fast enough and make decisions fast enough, or even move his body parts fast enough to play QB in the NFL.

We will see and I do think he could be a decent QB if he was given as many chances as Hassleback was given in Seattle as long as he had the same Elite OL, and Elite RB but nobody wants to wait 2-3 years for Campbell to understand the offense well enough so that he doesn't have to stand back there with the wheels slowly turning on every snap. It's not like the rest of this team is getting any younger either. In 3 years most of the team will be over the hill and then we'd have a semi-decent Campbell and what? Probably a new HC and 20 30+ year old castoffs from the rest of the league.

:cheers:

I've seen enough. Oddly enough, I'd actually convinced myself by preseason week 2 that maybe Campbell could somehow excel in the WC offense.

LOL --- no.

Zoony I expected more...JC best season so far was under a WCO...

Seriously did you all just go blind with hatred and the same old hater rhetoric?

Let's take an actual OBJECTIVE review.

Zorn ran WAY too many run plays, JC could not find a rhythm. JC had a very shakey first 2 posessions, but the running didn't help either. Once JC was allowed to throw more, we moved the ball more. Moss drops a couple passes he should have caught. Thrash lets a pass bounce off his shoulder pad. Campbell made some boneheaded plays. The sack was definitely his fault. WRs were not getting open...and how about that play that Moss slowed down on, he lets the CB get the half-step on him and it was almost a INT. Moss doesn't slow up on that play and its 6.

This game was the product of being our first game under a rookie coach. Horrible play calling, horrible clock management by coach and QB (yes he took WAY too long to spike the ball :doh: ), the refs being quick to whistle a play dead and missing calls on both sides.

The problem is not only playing scared....

Several times on third down Campbell passed the ball, which was caught, but 2 yards short of the first down. One learns in Pee Wee league to throw the ball farther than the first down marker.

The real problem is, as the comedian said: "You can't fix stupid"

:(There is NO Doubt about it, Jason Campbell is playing scared. He would not go deep at the end of the game because he didn't want to get hit. This team could have a shot but they will never win with Jason Campbell at QB. This is hard for me to say because I like the guy but he is just not a good player.

i dont know if you saw on the replays that none of our receivers were open. i think he did what the defense gave us. we are gonna have growing pains until were learn this system.

Yeah its all Cambells fault. The O-line, Coaches, RB's, WR's and defense are doing their jobs perfectly. Its all Cambell's fault. :rolleyes:

Thats what I mean when I say the problems run deeper. Except running backs. They played hard. Everyone else was inconsistent. But thats ok, its easier to blame Campbell.

Man can Jason get a chance to grasp this system. Matt Hasselbeck's didn't start until his 3rd year in the league but even then he had been learning in the SAME WCO for 2 years before moving on the the Seahawks and starting. Guess what? His #'s were no better than Jason's last year. I mean you can't keep changing and expect to grow.

Hasselbeck completed in his 3rd year started in the SAME system to boot.

He threw for 2023 yards. Completes 54% of his passes. 7 td's and 8 ints. He didn't come out like gang busters folks.

As usual, there is a lot of emotion and a lot of speculation being posted here. I am taking a wait-and-see attitude on how Zorn assesses JC's play. A lot of this is just as much about the HC as it is about the QB.

I do know that I was doing this same thing -->

I kept saying "throw the DAMN BALL".

A couple of times late when the throws went too short to get a 1st I saw Cooley dragging across the middle covered by a linebacker. You throw the damned ball and let him make a play!

Archived