Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

I'm a JC fan but the bar has been raised based on Collins play last year. I've also heard enough in the past 2 season about how good Campbell looked in OTA's, mini-camp, etc...It needs to translate to the field. I don't want to hear any more about how this is "his time" in his own words or the subtle comparisons/ jabs he makes to Tony Romo sits to pee. If he wants to be considered an elite QB then the bar is higher then what he did yesterday.

Be honest with yourselves, would we have done better with Collins quarterbacking yesterday?

Wow..after 1 game.

NO~!

This is NOT AFTER ONE GAME.

Why do people keep making this ignorant, pathetic, and flat-out bull**** excuse??????

We have seen Jason for years now! We are not evaluating him based on this one game! We are basing our evaluation on the fact that he has been crap his entire career, and his first chance to show he improved, he actually looked worse!

THIS IS NOT BASED ON ONE FRICKING GAME SO COME UP WITH SOME OTHER BS EXCUSE INSTEAD OF TROTTING OUT THAT ONE.

When the QB struggles 3 games in a row, you should ask if the backup would fare better. Especially when you have a guy who went in last year and did extremely well. You could even argue that he should be the starter based on performance.

I think Collins would have fared better last night if only because he scans the entire field much better than Campbell does. He also has a good feel for the pass rush and is an accurate passer. Campbell is still a project and has not yet proven that he can go out and carry the team. Don't get me wrong, I like him and want him to do well, but the poster of this thread asks a fair question. Collins is a good backup QB as he proved last year. He won some games in hostile stadiums and was cool under pressure. We can't forget how good he was for us.

Be honest with yourselves, would we have done better with Collins quarterbacking yesterday?

I'd have to go with 'yes'. But that wouldn't help this team move forward. They need to find out what they have in JC this season so they can either sign him to an extension or move in a new direction after the season.

Sadly, I think the latter is more likely at this point.

I know if JC doesn't get rid of that Jeff George "deer in the headlights" look out of his eyes on 3rd down, not only will the Skins' faithful call for Todd Collins, Colt Brennan or even Joe Theisman to drop the mike to play QB.

It's three games straight (2 pre-season and one regular season game). He needs to at least make some 3rd down plays and stop throwing short to the underneath receiver.

Oh, you're one of "those guys".

Believe me, I was hoping that JC would have a decent game last night as this is a new system for him to learn but he just looks awful out there. No sense of what the hell is going on around him. No command of the basic skills of QB'ing. He's afraid and everybody sees it except for the few Koolaid drinkers that come to his defense anytime someone criticizes the 'Franchise QB" of the future. Laughable!

I think Collins is having a harder time picking up the WCO than Campbell is. Under Saunders the answer might be yes. Under Zorn;no.

If you recall, Collins looked terrible in last years preseason games but look what happened when it was crunch time.

He's a pro and he knows when to turn it on. JC still can't find the on switch.

Believe me, I was hoping that JC would have a decent game last night as this is a new system for him to learn but he just looks awful out there. No sense of what the hell is going on around him. No command of the basic skills of QB'ing. He's afraid and everybody sees it except for the few Koolaid drinkers that come to his defense anytime someone criticizes the 'Franchise QB" of the future. Laughable!

As opposed to drinking Koolaid of 6th round draft pick that hasn't proven anything except that he can put up 3 points in 3 quarters against Jacksonville's backups?

Oh, wait, I forgot . . . he has that "MOXIE"!!!

Point taken.

I'd have to go with 'yes'. But that wouldn't help this team move forward. They need to find out what they have in JC this season so they can either sign him to an extension or move in a new direction after the season.

Sadly, I think the latter is more likely at this point.

Agreed, which is why I would stick with Jason at this point also, but I think there will come a point where they may have to make a move and that could be after the road game v. the Eagles. If we don't have a 2-3 record or better by then I can see them making the switch to Todd before the home game v. the Rams.

I would like to preface my question by saying I 100% believe that JC should have been the starter going into this season.

That being said would Collins have fared any better last night v. the Giants?? My answer is a resounding yes!! Here's how I came to this conclusion:

1. Collins keeps the chains moving: In his 4 games last year we had a 3rd down conversion % of the following:

Week 14- 40%

Week 15- 20%

Week 16- 42%

Week 17- 60%

Avg- 40.5% and that is on the low end of the actual because JC was responsible for the early 3 and outs v. the Bears in week 14.

2. Todd Collins makes more plays downfield: Collins might not have the big arm but he is willing to take shots downfield and throws it in a position where his receiver can go get the ball. Santana had multiple jump balls last year after Collins got in, not because Collins throws deeper, but because Collins threw it to the right spot. Last year against the G-Men in bad weather Collins only completed 8 passes but they went for 160+ yards. It took Campbell 15 completions to get 130 yards yesterday.

3. Collins is better at throwing the screen pass: That is w/o question

4. Collins faced a much more aggressive rush in worse conditions against the Seahawks then Campbell did last night and still managed to put us in position to score 17 points.

I'm not saying to make the switch now because in the long run if we want to be a contender we have to find out if Jason is the man or not. But by Week 6 if we're not showing signs I would make the switch to Todd. The offense would absolutely rally behind him and its not fair to the rest of the team if Jason is struggling with the offense.

I mean "HOW MANY FREAKIN JASON CAMPBELL THREADS WILL BE STARTED"? This is ridiculous. PLEASE MERGE ALL OF THEM!!!!! WOW

RED06

As opposed to drinking Koolaid of 6th round draft pick that hasn't proven anything except that he can put up 3 points in 3 quarters against Jacksonville's backups?

Oh, wait, I forgot . . . he has that "MOXIE"!!!

Point taken.

You guys come up with the same old arguments and they don't work. The fact is, Colt's a better QB. Yes, he's got the "moxie", something that JC could use about now in his dire situation.

Colt can move outside the pocket and deliver the ball a lot quicker than JC. Colt has that "touch" on the ball that JC never has had. Colt played in a WCO in college and broke all kinds of passing records in the NCAA, something else that JC never did.

If you want to argue about how JC will help this team win, then give me some examples, stats and some facts. Not " Oh, you're one of those" and then come at me with the same old tired excuses.

Since JC has been a Redskin here are the team's records:

Versus the NFC East with JC at QB: 1-6, 14% win percentage

Versus the NFC East without JC at QB: 7-4, 64% win percentage

Versus NFL teams that finished above .500 with JC at QB: 1-6, 14% win percentage (not counting Giants game have to wait till end of year)

Versus NFL teams that finished above .500 without JC at QB: 10-7, 59% win percentage

JC makes the team worse. He is a liability. Any other NFL starter on the other 31 teams would have put up better W/L record than JC than those listed here on this team. Leading the team to wins against 1-15 teams is not going to cut it.

When the pressure is on and good teams are lined up on the other side, he crumbles. He throws picks or he fails to call his own number in audibles. He has played like a coward his entire time here. How do you not throw the ball past the first down marker on 3rd down repeatedly?

You guys come up with the same old arguments and they don't work. The fact is, Colt's a better QB. Yes, he's got the "moxie", something that JC could use about now in his dire situation.

Colt can move outside the pocket and deliver the ball a lot quicker than JC. Colt has that "touch" on the ball that JC never has had. Colt played in a WCO in college and broke all kinds of passing records in the NCAA, something else that JC never did.

If you want to argue about how JC will help this team win, then give me some examples, stats and some facts. Not " Oh, you're one of those" and then come at me with the same old tired excuses.

No way to prove that yet, period. Trying to say that now makes you look like a joke since there is no NFL footage to prove or disprove the theory. You could end up being right but this so-called "moxie" **** all of you talk about is ridiculous. I'll say it again - since when has Eli Manning ever had moxie? Did he win the Super Bowl? JC may never be a good QB and that is fine - Colt Brennan could be great - but to this point it looks stupid to try to say he definitely will be amazing.

He played in a gimmick offense in college against WAC opponents and that has been acknowledged by just about every football expert - his game could translate very well to the NFL and if he ends up the starter I hope to God it does.

Since JC has been a Redskin here are the team's records:

Versus the NFC East with JC at QB: 1-6, 14% win percentage

Versus the NFC East without JC at QB: 7-4, 64% win percentage

Versus NFL teams that finished above .500 with JC at QB: 1-6, 14% win percentage (not counting Giants game have to wait till end of year)

Versus NFL teams that finished above .500 without JC at QB: 10-7, 59% win percentage

JC makes the team worse. He is a liability. Any other NFL starter on the other 31 teams would have put up better W/L record than JC than those listed here on this team. Leading the team to wins against 1-15 teams is not going to cut it.

When the pressure is on and good teams are lined up on the other side, he crumbles. He throws picks or he fails to call his own number in audibles. He has played like a coward his entire time here. How do you not throw the ball past the first down marker on 3rd down repeatedly?

Wow! That says it all right there. Great job SoCalSkins. Let's see how the JC fans dispute this one.

:applause:

No way to prove that yet, period. Trying to say that now makes you look like a joke since there is no NFL footage to prove or disprove the theory. You could end up being right but this so-called "moxie" **** all of you talk about is ridiculous. I'll say it again - since when has Eli Manning ever had moxie? Did he win the Super Bowl? JC may never be a good QB and that is fine - Colt Brennan could be great - but to this point it looks stupid to try to say he definitely will be amazing.

He played in a gimmick offense in college against WAC opponents and that has been acknowledged by just about every football expert - his game could translate very well to the NFL and if he ends up the starter I hope to God it does.

He also played against a couple of PAC 10 teams (Oregon being one) and some top schools in the mid west (can't remember the names) and won. He's no slouch and I'm not claiming greatness here. What I'm saying is that JC is playing as bad, if not worse than last year. Check out SoCalSkin's stats and that tells the story.

Can you in all honesty, argue with that?

I think you also have to factor in that Jason has now lost his last 5 starts. He lost v. the Eagles, Cowboys, Bucs, and Bills last season and then this start v. the Giants. There's going to be a point where the vets in the locker room put 2 and 2 together.

This is a good point...the Skins last 5 games under JC: 0-5. Under TC: 4-1

Ouch.

Archived