Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

You have to give credit to the Giants DL. I mean, you guys saw what they did to Tom Brady, right? Its called pressure. They pressured Campbell. The Giants DL only sacked him once, but they pressured him. Thats what pressure does. It makes the QB move his feet. Zorn said that Jason needs to learn how to reset his feet when eluding DL. He said that in his post game interview. The problem is that we have so many COACHES ON THIS BOARD.

Why so many short throws? Its called the WEST COAST OFFENSE. The object is to hit the WR on the run. But once again, we have so many coaches on the board.

Zorn has stated several times what Jason needs to worked on. I'll trust what Zorn has to say before I listen to some of you fairweather fans. The offense isn't to fixed over night. It will take time. But when they do turn it around, watch how many fans jump on the bandwagon. Always the case. Its sickening!!!

You cannot pick up where you left off. Every season, you need to start where you start. Momentum doesn't carry over from one season to another. It just doesn't happen.

A new coaching staff and system may not have helped you, but thinking you were going to start red hot based on how you finished last year is ridiculous.

I can see what the poster is saying and I just laugh because everyone goes off if someone says something they don't want to hear. The poster is saying that the F.O. keeps making to many changes. We worked two years installing Al Saunders offense and four building with Gibbs. Todd Collins made Saunders offense soar and Campbell looked better than he does now. Make g.williams head coach? I don't know about that one. It's frustrating because it's yet another year of looking bad waiting to rebuild again. What next keep Zorn three years and when he is just about to fly get rid of him. I could just see that happening.

You cannot pick up where you left off. Every season, you need to start where you start. Momentum doesn't carry over from one season to another. It just doesn't happen.

A new coaching staff and system may not have helped you, but thinking you were going to start red hot based on how you finished last year is ridiculous.

Would you kindly forward your post to NE & Indy.

I'm am not a JC basher but I truly believe he lacks confidence within himself. And it pains me to say this but I believe the rest of the offense feels the same- this may cost us the season if the ship isn't righted.

Also something that really irked me was after the last 2 pre-season games JC said was that "we were going to be alright" instead of saying something along the lines of "we need to get our act together or we are going to have a real tough time beating the G-men"

Whatever the reason for Moss slowing down is irrelevent, JC should have kicked him the arse for it. It's his team to loose and you don't win by being the nice guy all the time.

JC has the tools and ability to be productive in this offense. However, I don't know if he has grasped the offense but he needs a wake up call. If it's a benching then Zorn needs to do it.

JC man up or get the fudge off the field.

ps 21 would've put bJacobs and Plax on thier arses.

:(There is NO Doubt about it, Jason Campbell is playing scared. He would not go deep at the end of the game because he didn't want to get hit. This team could have a shot but they will never win with Jason Campbell at QB. This is hard for me to say because I like the guy but he is just not a good player.

First How can you call anyone you dont know personal scare? He dont want to go deep at end of the game because he didnt want to get hit? Do you know who is calling the play during the game?

• 3 weeks later...
:(There is NO Doubt about it, Jason Campbell is playing scared. He would not go deep at the end of the game because he didn't want to get hit. This team could have a shot but they will never win with Jason Campbell at QB. This is hard for me to say because I like the guy but he is just not a good player.

frankly, this is like shooting fish in a barrell, where do I start?

:doh:

I agree, Campbell just does not seem to be a good fit. I am very dissapointed in the way he has played the last 3 games ( 2 pre 1 regular). I hope Zorn is not too proud to make a change if this type of performance continues by Campbell.
:cheers::cheers::cheers: I've been saying it for years. He is destined to be a career backup. And I hope people will finally stop saying that JC is as good as Eli and Romo sits to pee because they sound foolish when they do.
I had to laugh at that as well.

He's sitting there making hand signals while under center. WTF, dude, just snap it and spike it! Who in the world are you signalling to?

I don't think Campbell stinks. I just think he's in the wrong offense.

So either we modify the offense (deep passes) to fit Campbell's abilities....or we need another QB.

here are some beauts ... :D

I don't understand the bump... Campbell wasn't looking too hot after the Giants game.

What do you want us to praise him even if he stinks up the joint? He didn't show a lot of confidence in that game but its good to see him playing like a champ these days. I said he didn't have any confidence but now he is and were winning and thats all that matters.

But yeah I do agree about calling people out in calling him a career back up! After just one game how people can make such proclamations is beyond understanding.

I don't understand the bump... Campbell wasn't looking too hot after the Giants game.

What do you want us to praise him even if he stinks up the joint? He didn't show a lot of confidence in that game but its good to see him playing like a champ these days. I said he didn't have any confidence but now he is and were winning and thats all that matters.

But yeah I do agree about calling people out in calling him a career back up! After just one game how people can make such proclamations is beyond understanding.

I want everyone who said "Jason campbell is not a good player and will never fit with the redskins" to explain to us now what is happening????

you would make a better cowboy fan.

• 6 months later...
Cambell sucks the first sack he got scared and ran out of a perfect pocket right into the rush. he holds the ball way to long and can't make a decsion: he is a bust

Jason Taylor appeared washed up, he was ran over all night. Can cut him a little slack he is coming off of an injury

Santana Moss is no better than a 2 nd string reciever, hbow many balls can he drop. He is just plain average

offensive line uscks

Clinton Portis trips over his own feet way to much

7-9 would be a reach

Dude... You're from Jax, right.... Just write negative stuff about Jax... OK?

There were several issues on offense last season that have been pretty well documented by this point in the off season.

Campbell held the ball too long in some cases, and doesn't take many chances if at all.

The o-line did wear down and played like crap down the stretch. They were getting blown off the ball regularly.

WR's TE's etc were dropping easy stuff and not helping a struggling QB at all.

Portis couldn't stay healthy from the workload and beating he took in the first half of the season.

Zorn's play calling got simple, predictable, more conservative, and at times downright suspect as the season wore on. He seemed too stubborn to deviate from it at all as the season marched on with his(the players simply aren't executing my system works!) line.

Lastly, lack of turnovers/short fields by the defense.

Archived