Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

The most frustrating thing is continued posts saying this team sucks and everyone needs to be cut and/or fired.

For crying out loud it was ONE ****ing game! I mean our offense played atrocious, but our D and Special Teams kept us in a game where we lost by 9 to the defending champs in their house in our head coaches first regular season game.

****ing hell..... :doh:

THANK YOU! No wonder non Redskins fans think we are such idiots, because we act like it half the time. The glass is either overflowing or barren dry.. All of the 'the score is not indicative of the game' crowd completely discount the defense stepping up big time after the 1st quarter. Newsflash, the Giants are a professional football team too. It's their job to stop what we are trying to do and score points every drive too. Sometimes the other team wins. Geez guys, it's more painful to listen to you b*itches than watch the games!

Ok. Your right. I'm sure Campbell will roll out of bed one day this week and suddenly learn to quickly read defenses and run this scheme. Zorn will notice it and come next Sunday he'll start aggresively attacking the Saints defense and most amazingly it's going to work!

The entire game Thursday was a fluke. We only appeared to be so timid on offense that we'd rather run the ball on 3rd and long or throw it 2 yards and get off the field. Even with the game on the line in the 4rth quarter!!!!

Yep folks some of us are just crazy, it was just one game and we are a week away from really starting to click!

Exactly. Now tell me that the offense we had the last month of last season would not have scored 17 points.

My whole point is that it would have been nice to build on that this year. 3 of the last 4 years we had a championship level defense. We finally had an offense that could match it and now we are starting over once again.

I have a winning attitude, and Zorn may get there in time but we arent fixing this in a week.

after being a redskins fan since 1973, i have to tell you that thursday night was the most painful game i've ever had to watch...how a team can have zero passing yards halfway thru the game is beyond me....anyway, one thing i noticed, and i noticed it last year is this....

jason campbell goes back from center and STARES at the reciever he's going thru throw to.....any defense can spot that...he needs to check the field and then find his reciever....

with that said, i think our beloved skins will go 9-7 this year....we'll get this trained turned around very very quickly.

I think it was due to Play calling. Why run routes that are 5 yards?

Man he missed Santana Moss deep a couple times as well. I mean on the very first play he got sacked but he could have easily gotten it to Moss if he had stepped up into the pocket. Instead he scrambled around making sure no one else was gonna sack him. :doh:

I both agree and disagree... to some degree, Campbell does seem afraid of making mistakes. He doesn't want to risk interceptions, so he holds the ball instead of trying to force it in. While that's not necessarily a bad thing, it does make him react far too slowly. I think that is his main problem... he's moves too slow.

Archived