Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

Campbell just appears to not have "it".

Good football players find ways to win ball games no matter who is lined up against them, no matter what offense is being run, and no matter who is calling the plays. At some point, it's just football. Campbell just looks lost in that regard.

At the very least good football players find ways to hit the open guys when they are WIDE open. Tonight was a very frustrating loss, not only because it starts the season off lame, it's just the WAY they lost that hurts.

But not every QB have to change offense every year like Jason had to do every year.

No what are you talking about? Jason Campbell led his team to a 13-0 season and I know a dumb person could not manage to do somthing like that, but I guese most of you guys forget the team have a new coach, new offence, new defense head coach and we should me running on all gear :rolleyes:. I think we all should take it easy on witch hunt on Jason.

But its so easy to point the finger at one guy. Who cares if its actually true or not.

Look one has to look at the 1st play of our "O" to see why JC is NOT the answer after 3 years. The On line did its and gave him a pocket. he starts getting happy feet and then slides out towards Tuck, does he ususal sudo throwing motion only to bring it down and then gets sacked.

I can't stand this guy anymore, he just does not progress at all.

What about the other 4 or so times when he moved the pocket and evaded the rush? Or the pumps he threw before hitting the next receiver?

substitute scared for terrible

LMAO at campbell taking 15 seconds to spike the ball. He is the oppositte of a gamer.

In spite of all his flaws and the fact he's probably never going to amount to much in the league--do you know how WAS a gamer (in late half/late game situations?)

Just sayin'. :)

No what are you talking about? Jason Campbell led his team to a 13-0 season and I know a dumb person could not manage to do somthing like that, but I guese most of you guys forget the team have a new coach, new offence, new defense head coach and we should me running on all gear :rolleyes:. I think we all should take it easy on witch hunt on Jason.

Chad Henne was totally immobile at Michigan and I don't think he was developed well, so he sometimes mad bad decisions.

But how much you want to be the guy who DIDNT go 13-0 in college turns into a better pro quarterback.

College is college. Hey, Turner Gill was awesome too, I don't think he became a superstar.

Chad Henne was totally immobile at Michigan and I don't think he was developed well, so he sometimes mad bad decisions.

But how much you want to be the guy who DIDNT go 13-0 in college turns into a better pro quarterback.

College is college. Hey, Turner Gill was awesome too, I don't think he became a superstar.

But you make it seem like anybody can do good in college which is false or you would be playing in college football. Dont try to discredit the guy accomplishment... 13-0 speaks for it self to me!

Only if he had looked bad in the first 2 preseason games. Mr. Favre would be a Skin right now.

And we'd most likely be on our way to playoffs. We have that kind of talent. I wouldn't guarantee the Bowl (it's Favre, after all lol) but we'd be in the playoffs.

But people are DEAD SET on giving a young guy the 'reps' when he has been outperformed at least several times by EVERY SINGLE QB who has received significant playing time here since 2003.

But you make it seem like anybody can do good in college which is false or you would be playing in college football. Dont try to discredit the guy accomplishment... 13-0 speaks for it self to me!

Who said "anyone" can do anything? Heath Shuler was a good SEC QB. OK. So what? Have you been watching Matt ____ Leinart? What about Vince Young? Does college winning necessarily translate into pro success? Whose better Cutler or Campbell? Who had more wins

Hey, Shaun King went undefeated too. Yes, he was 'decent' as a young guy but that's it. He never developed. He could not carry an offense.

What about Zorns playcalling? O that is Campbells fault

For the umpteenth time in as many posts.... who knows what Zorns plays are supposed to look like. I counted more than one eligble receiver and a checkdown on those plays.... but Campbell never even attempted to look at them.

Also, and my math is not exact, but I counted at least 11 passing attempts where he double pumped and pulled the ball down.

I am not even angry. I was convinced in the third quarter of the Carolina game this is how he would play.

I think we can all agree that Campbell never looked comfortable in the game or on the sidelines, with the exception of the TD to Moss. That was a pass that he threw sidearm, by the way. Campbell has never looked comfortable in any Redskin offense. Why he hesitates so much to make a play is troubling, especially when we need to score twice at the end of a game.

Oh, just to poke a little fun at him.... watch the touchdown pass he threw to Santana over and over.

He threw it side arm. The first stringer is ripping off the 3rd stringer.

I love it!

Who said "anyone" can do anything? Heath Shuler was a good SEC QB. OK. So what? Have you been watching Matt ____ Leinart? What about Vince Young? Does college winning necessarily translate into pro success? Whose better Cutler or Campbell? Who had more wins

Hey, Shaun King went undefeated too. Yes, he was 'decent' as a young guy but that's it. He never developed. He could not carry an offense.

Well if Campbells turn this thing around would you admit your wrong?

But not every QB have to change offense every year like Jason had to do every year.

I'm tired of the excuses. The only reason Campbell is being given a chance is because Gibbs invested multiple draft picks in the guy. That's it. On most other teams an actual competition occurs and the best man plays on Sunday.

If you think Campbell was the reason that Auburn team went 13-0, then you obviously have no clue who Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams are, and how dynamic those two players were in college. That team revolved around those two guys, and any DC in college football that played against them will acknowledge that.

Well if Campbells turn this thing around would you admit your wrong?

The thing is, I had a belief he could at least become decent. Decent enough for a really good overall team to lift up HIS play and for him to find some kind of confidence and rhythm just good enough to make us contenders. But after looking at Colt, I kind of figured he was a intermediate-term placeholder (not even for Colt but for ANYONE else.)

I think Campbell always has the ability to get seemingly OK QB ratings. But I don't have faith in him when the game is on the line.

There's ALWAYS some mistake or some error on his part when it matters most. I just don't think he has it. If he turns it around it won't be because I was so terribly wrong. I thought differently until I saw JUST HOW different we were last year with Collins.

Jason was on the way to taking us to another blown season until he hurt his knee. That's the ONLY REASON we made the playoffs (I believe we would have played inspired but failed to make the postseason due to Jason's play.)

I'm tired of the excuses. The only reason Campbell is being given a chance is because Gibbs invested multiple draft picks in the guy. That's it. On most other teams an actual competition occurs and the best man plays on Sunday.

Im sorry man this is straight BS if someone switched the plan up on me 3 or 4 times I would be getting confused on some things. I guess its like buying a new car you know how to operate from which you learned from years before but your not comfortable until after some time, and that what I think Jason is doing or needs to do is get comfortable.:)

If you think Campbell was the reason that Auburn team went 13-0, then you obviously have no clue who Ronnie Brown or Cadillac Williams are, and how dynamic those two players were in college. That team revolved around those two guys, and any DC in college football that played against them will acknowledge that.

Music City Bowl MVP (2003)

First-team All-SEC (2004)

SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2004)

SEC Championship Game MVP (2004)

Quarterbacked Auburn's perfect 13-0 season (2004)

Sugar Bowl MVP (2005)

5x SEC Offensive Player of the Week

Campbell had nothing to do witht he success of that Auburn team.

Thats just it. It speaks to me too.

It says: "STAY IN SCHOOL KIDS."

Im sorry man this is straight BS if someone switched the plan up on me 3 or 4 times I would be getting confused on some things. I guess its like buying a new car you know how to operate from which you learned from years before but your not comfortable until after some time, and that what I think Jason is doing or needs to do is get comfortable.:)

I don't know about you but I don't look scared when I get behind the wheel of a new car:doh:.

Campbell just looks timid. Colt didn't look timid at least he stepped up and got rid of it. Now I'm not saying Colt should be playing right now, but I am saying he looks more like a "gamer" than Jason at this point. Something about him just makes me think he has it. And something about Jason makes me really believe he doesn't have it. At some point you just go out and play regardless of what play is called. Campbell missed people all over the field tonight. That isn't the playcallers fault. That is his fault for not glancing around the field to find the open man. And then when he does find the open man (Moss down the sideline) he throws it too late and almost causes a turnover. If he throws that ball right when Moss makes the first move, it's 6 points. Moss had his man beat like a drum on that play.

Music City Bowl MVP (2003)

First-team All-SEC (2004)

SEC Offensive Player of the Year (2004)

SEC Championship Game MVP (2004)

Quarterbacked Auburn's perfect 13-0 season (2004)

Sugar Bowl MVP (2005)

5x SEC Offensive Player of the Week

Campbell had nothing to do witht he success of that Auburn team.

If you think he was able to accomplish that because of his own stellar play and not defenses keying on the actual two best players on the team, then I don't know what to tell you.

Plus, it's real nice that Campbell got awards in college. He deserved most of what he got. It doesn't mean anything to me today, though, and for his career as a Redskin.

If you think he was able to accomplish that because of his own stellar play and not defenses keying on the actual two best players on the team, then I don't know what to tell you.

Plus, it's real nice that Campbell got awards in college. He deserved most of what he got. It doesn't mean anything to me today, though, and for his career as a Redskin.

You cant acheive that without some talent. That being said if you put these struggles solely on Campbell you are missing the other problems on this team. If Colt or Collins get in the game and the same things happen what then? You got off the Campbell train way too early.

You cant acheive that without some talent. That being said if you put these struggles solely on Campbell you are missing the other problems on this team. If Colt or Collins get in the game and the same things happen what then? You got off the Campbell train way too early.

I got off the train last season. I am not trying to convince anyone that Campbell is 10% natural talent, 20% awesome, 20% average and 50% garbage. His performance speaks for itself.

He made the comment in the post game interview that the team needs to work on coming up short on 3rd downs.

Congratulations numbnuts. You threw it to a covered checkdown 3 yards shy of the marker. No wonder you were short.

Make a ****ing play. It's simple. No one can expect him to do it every time. But ONCE. Just ONCE. And I don't count a CB blowing coverage on the Randle El cross or the LB blowing his coverage on his "I wish I had the 'it' Colt Brennan has" sidearm touchdown to Santana Moss.

Make a play when the play breaks down.

Just once.

yeah im from Ma and still a diehard skins fan. Always backed Jason, but after tonight, he looked nothing better than a rookie. He stared down his primary targets, and constantly went for the safe passes underneath when he needed first downs. He seemed timid and completely unintelligent; even Zorn looked beyond disgusted with his play. After tonight, its safe to say for me that Jason Campbell is not the future.

And i do not want to hear the excuse of a new system or how I am overreacting. Recievers in the end still run similar routes, and he was really just missing his spots and being incredibly indecisive with the football while not reading the defense. We wouldnt of made the postseason with campbell last year (thanks todd), and we wont make it with campbell this year either. So lets give someone else a try. Whether it be Colt, who looks like hes got that sort of swag to him, or hell, maybe we could even watch randle el play some QB; id bet we'd get more first downs because atleast ARE is a playmaker who wouldnt be afraid to throw a long pass when he knows we need it. Id bet we'd get more first downs this way. Truth is, these days in the NFL a team can only go only as far as their QB, and jason looked like he belonged on some intramural flag football team.

I dare anyone to disagree with me.

Illone,

Yeah, same side. Come on too, don't tell me you don't see that Mr. 11 was more of a gamer and had better 'clutch' abilities, even if he couldn't be consistent enough to rely on, than this dud we have at QB now?

Seriously, it's just so BORING watching this team. I was with a girl tonight who even pointed out Campbell missing open guys. Come on!

Archived