Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

Campbell will always be a good enough player to not lose the game. The problem is making reads and knowing where to go with the ball. The Al Saunders offense looked like a joke for most of 2 years. And then a quarterback who knew where the ball was supposed to go got in their and boom! All the sudden receivers are catching balls all over the field. Campbell simply doesn't see the field well. He is locked into his receiver almost every play. He throws the ball good enough to still complete some passes, but will he ever be able to "learn" the game?

Everyone on this board knows I defend Campbell a lot. I don't like that everything gets placed on his head. I respect the fact that he worked his ass off by all accounts since day one and really tried to embrace the DC area once he was named the starter.

However, if he's not the guy - then there's not too much more I can say - Zorn seems to have 0 confidence in Jason, hence the ridiculous amount of run plays, especially in the 2nd half.

I can't really defend the guy against the growing number of frustrated fans on this forum. There also wasn't too much to defend tonight, I thought the play calling was suspect, and I still don't like our midget receiving corp.

If Zorn really feels Campbell isn't the right guy he should go ahead and bench him, maybe ship him off after the year is up and let's get going with Collins or Brennan if he feels they have a better chance with those guys. I feel badly for JC that Zorn made it so obvious how little confidence he has in the guy - his playcalling really threw him under the bus.

I hate all the personal insults thrown at the guy (he's retarded, stupid, whatever - we get it - enough already)

Please excuse this drunken cluster**** of a rant but I had to get that off my chest.

I think Jason played very bad, but at the same time, this is not all his fault by any means. I think the entire offense played flat. The defense started to get that fire back towards the second half and special teams started to play with fire as well, our offense looked like the accepted the loss 5 minutes to the end. No excuse, the entire O played very very ugly poor football.

It was pretty apparent Zorn had very little confidence in Campbell. One example that really stuck out to me was 3rd and 15 and we run :doh:

I really don't know what to think about this... buts it apparent Campbell is not trusted by Zorn.

Seems like the choices made by the coaches and the QB were all wrong, looked like a mess out there. No identity at all, should have been a blow out but the Giants got a little conservative.

Might as well start the Colt Brennan era, at least he hops around in the pocket and explores several options. Campbell rarely does that and I used to love this guy. After tonite, I think I've come to terms that he just doesn't have that killer instinct - that's what wins games.

If anyone knows whether or not he can hack it, it's a guy like Zorn how has both played and coached this position. As long as he sticks with Campbell, so will I. One game in with a rookie coach and people want to turn the team on its head. How can we expect our owner to be patient with fans like these?

I like Campbell but he has NEVER looked better than Eli. Sorry.....

LOL!!!:laugh:

The same Eli that threw 4 interceptions against the vikings in 2007...Eli who's career QB rating is a 77.4

Eli is a very average QB, yet, he still plays. Give JC this year to get this offense. He will show some flashes and some ****ty games.

You are right. Campbell should be benched. Any QB who throws short of the first down marker on a FOURTH DOWN with the game on the line should be benched. At least throw it beyond the first down marker to at least have a chance. End of story.

Why are so many routes run short of the first down?

An honest question, I can't really defend it but to my eyes it seemed most of the time he threw to the only open man. Although I'm sure where he might have missed a guy.

LOL!!!:laugh:

The same Eli that threw 4 interceptions against the vikings in 2007...Eli who's career QB rating is a 77.4

Eli is a very average QB, yet, he still plays. Give JC this year to get this offense. He will show some flashes and some ****ty games.

As much as I hate defending Eli.... he does seem to make plays when it matters most.

And to be fair and defend Campbell.... at least he didn't fumble the damn ball tonight. He's the MVP as far as that goes.....

Archived