Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

Starting to hear from way too many people that Campbell just can't come off his primary receiver and work thru a progression. Heard it from Saunders, Sonny said it in Pre-game, Zorn has said it multiple times.

Plug in Collins for this year. Then groom Brennan. Yeah, he posted numbers vs backups. But he was playing with backups. And you could see the guy come off his primary and get the ball to someone else. Campbell has not shown us with any consistency that he can make something out of nothing. Which is what the best of the best can do.

I'm sorry, but Collins would do even worse than Campbell. Collins' main reason of success came from 7-8 years with Saunders.

Redskins are stuck with Campbell for this year. He has to put up or get cut/traded like Ramsey.

I hate how everyone gives up after 1 game in a totally different system though...Wait a few games before calling for backups.

I have been saying this for three years now. Jason is dumb, slow and not a winner. It's a fact. Keep supporting this loser, he will go no where. I hope Zorn puts him on the bench for Todd Collins or go get another QB. I bet Zorn already knows that he's a loser of QB and he's afraid of Vinny and Danny Boy so he'll probably won't bench him but he should. JC also needs to attend math school. This retard, every time we have a 3rd and long, he always(guaranteed) throws two yards, maybe five. He's dumb, he gives a bad name to all those good black QB's that are playing ten times better than this loser....Have fun watching him fail...BTW, what's his record against our division?? That should give you some sight of our future with this loser

So if JC has a few more substandard games, who goes: JC, Zorn, or Smith? I can't say that the plays dazzled me. Maybe there is something to be said for experience as an OC/DC before being a head coach. And maybe pairing an OC with no previous experience as OC with a head coach with no OC experience was a really bad idea.

its not only the 3rd and longs that he throws short. it also the 3rd and shorts. does not matter what the yardage is.

3rd and 9= 8yds

3rd and 8=7yds

3rd and 5=a whole 2 yds (what a suprise)

that was 3 consecutive drives that ended up short of first down marker after a completed pass.

it was driving me insane!

Zorn dont trust him, Moss dont trust him, The line dont trust him, The fans dont trust him, Madden had nothing positive to say about him. You could see Zorn on the sideline correcting him. He looks lost as always. I work with a Giants fan a Cowgirls fan and two other Redskins fans and they all say we will never win with JC. 15 seconds just to spike the ball you cant blame that on the coach. And my 8 year old daughter knows who hes going to throw the ball to!

Brennan would have done nothing against this defense tonight. he is a long way away from contributing at this level.

I have to disagree. Jason stares down his receivers. Brennan can at least go through progressions. One sack was totally on Jason. He had a nice pocket and ran into the pressure!

Campbell is not our QB. He just doesn't have it. If we have to watch him all year it is oging to be painful.

Zorn dont trust him, Moss dont trust him, The line dont trust him, The fans dont trust him, Madden had nothing positive to say about him. You could see Zorn on the sideline correcting him. He looks lost as always. I work with a Giants fan a Cowgirls fan and two other Redskins fans and they all say we will never win with JC. 15 seconds just to spike the ball you cant blame that on the coach. And my 8 year old daughter knows who hes going to throw the ball to!

The left guard also had to call an audible for him. One of the only 3rd down conversions we made.

I don't think Colt is anywhere near ready to start an NFL game. Not even close...

But honestly, nobody could have done much worse than Campbell. With Brennan, at least there is a chance of some upside.

Campbell doesn't belong in the NFL as a starter.

:(There is NO Doubt about it, Jason Campbell is playing scared. He would not go deep at the end of the game because he didn't want to get hit. This team could have a shot but they will never win with Jason Campbell at QB. This is hard for me to say because I like the guy but he is just not a good player.

huh? since when is JC worried about taking a hit? since never. i dont think there were routes near open going deep, if even at all cuz WCO rarely goes deep

A highly anticipated season where we could win anywhere from 6 to 10 games this year started tonight. I feel that most agree that the season depends on the play of Jason Campbell. Tonight, Jason Campbell played like we are a 6-10 team.

JC did not have the ability read different routes on any play. He definitely showed his skills at finding the dump down receiver. By not viewing the whole field, he lost confidence from his coach and this affected the playcalling in the second half.

In the second half, we saw preponderance of run-run-pass-punt. The defense new what was coming and JC took what the defense gave him...dump down receiver. I don't completely fault JC for this, but his inability in the first half combined with his lack of 'gusto' failed to move the ball down the field for the skins.

If I see another half of uninspired play from the QB, I'm calling for a switch. The defense is too good and if we get any energy on the offensive side of the ball we are a playoff caliber team. JC is definitely losing confidence from the coach, I just hope the rest of the team still believes in him.

A highly anticipated season where we could win anywhere from 6 to 10 games this year started tonight. I feel that most agree that the season depends on the play of Jason Campbell. Tonight, Jason Campbell played like we are a 6-10 team.

JC did not have the ability read different routes on any play. He definitely showed his skills at finding the dump down receiver. By not viewing the whole field, he lost confidence from his coach and this affected the playcalling in the second half.

In the second half, we saw preponderance of run-run-pass-punt. The defense new what was coming and JC took what the defense gave him...dump down receiver. I don't completely fault JC for this, but his inability in the first half combined with his lack of 'gusto' failed to move the ball down the field for the skins.

If I see another half of uninspired play from the QB, I'm calling for a switch. The defense is too good and if we get any energy on the offensive side of the ball we are a playoff caliber team. JC is definitely losing confidence from the coach, I just hope the rest of the team still believes in him.

What about Zorns playcalling? O that is Campbells fault

JC is still learning a new offensive scheme on top of the fact that the offensive line left NO time to find an open receiver. That sack was definitely his mistake, but that's the only thing he can be held personally responsible for. NO interceptions AND a TD pass which more than can be said for eli.

JC is still learning a new offensive scheme on top of the fact that the offensive line left NO time to find an open receiver. That sack was definitely his mistake, but that's the only thing he can be held personally responsible for. NO interceptions AND a TD pass which more than can be said for eli.

he did have time. goddamnit im tired of everyone thinking the qb is suppost to have 5 seconds int he pocket every dropback. watch the tape again, he always had time to step up to throw.

I'm calling out Jason Campbell. From the first play, he showed no skill, nor judgment. The guy was open. The play worked, except for Campbell's incompetence. Sure, he hit a wide open Moss for a TD at the end of the half. An idiot could do that. His judgment in choosing receivers, especially when the game was on the line, was the worst. He is slow as a sloth. For him to call out others is weird...pathetic. He sucks. I mean it. He sucks. I am saying that as a season ticket holder for 30 years.

JC is still learning a new offensive scheme....
What Scheme has JC starring down one WR so he is NOT open?

What Scheme has JC Not reading blitz and hitting the hot pattern?

What Scheme has the QB NOT checking down to #2 who is Wide Open?

The Scheme that has JC LOSING us games

Collins > JC

Archived