Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Campbell is playing scared (Merged)

Frediemac

He isnt playing scared he's playing stupid.

And this is just a stupid comment. Many of you forget that Campbell thrived under a WC offense his senior year and one a national championship. Last year he thrived in the no huddle offense. So quick relaease and rythm is not his problem. I saw two key flaws out of our offense tonight; 1) players not getting open. 2) bad play calling by a head coach as well as poor clock/game management. If you watched the game you would have seen that most of Zorns plays were designed to get the ball out quick and give the receiver a chance to make a play. However, this played into the hands of the Giants game plan and Zorn never made the adjustment. He continued to work a failing game plan. To me that is more worthy of being called stupid---not that i agree on calling anyone stupid here:doh:

They showed the replay my man and Moss stoped cause he didn't think the ball was being thrown to him. Then when he saw his defender reacting to the thrown ball, it was to late for Moss and thats why Moss let his man get inside on that pass. Moss could have sheilded his defender and made that catch had he not slowed down.

Ah I thought it looked like Moss pulled up because the ball was overthrown. Maybe that's a problem with the WC offense, receivers have a 5 step drop clock in their head and they need the little league "play til you hear the whistle" lesson all over again.

You people are truly amazing. Acting like Eagle fans, its truly disgusting. JC played OK just OK not like s***. Yes he has some things to correct which have been his problem for a while Zorn hopefully will get that out of his system. I think that for right now that JC needs to just look at 1 and 2 then go to his check down especially when we have Betts and Portis both in there. I think JC will get it right in the next couple games and not look back. Then I would like to see what you guys have to say after beating his scull in after 1 game. If he doesnt pan out and our season is trash and no hope in left in it then I would bring in CB5. So you all you guys/gals sounding like Eagle fans when their beating down McScabb just CHILL the hell out. Its truly disgusting.

He played "OK" ? Are you kidding me? For the first 26 mins he had zero completions and zero yardage!

I'd love to hear your definition of "horrible play" :doh:

I hate to say it cause I've defended him before, but Zorn clearly had no faith in Campbell at all tonight after the 1st quarter. Jason does not look comfortable in the pocket at all, and I'm not sure that's something that can be fixed. Some quarterbacks have moxie and he's just not showing any right now. I think if Campbell doesn't improve significantly by the New Orleans game Zorn may think about going to Collins.

Jason has to much trust in his OL so he thinks he can hold the ball long enough to find some to get open. He also needs to work on his pocket pressence for sure. But highly doubt that Zorn will be looking to go to Collins after 2 games. I really doubt that. If he does then I'll be shocked.

He played "OK" ? Are you kidding me? For the first 26 mins he had zero completions and zero yardage!

I'd love to hear your definition of "horrible play" :doh:[/quote

I call you sunny day people. You will be the same individuals praising JC if he gets it together. It never fails:2cents:

And this is just a stupid comment. Many of you forget that Campbell thrived under a WC offense his senior year and one a national championship. Last year he thrived in the no huddle offense. So quick relaease and rythm is not his problem. I saw two key flaws out of our offense tonight; 1) players not getting open. 2) bad play calling by a head coach as well as poor clock/game management. If you watched the game you would have seen that most of Zorns plays were designed to get the ball out quick and give the receiver a chance to make a play. However, this played into the hands of the Giants game plan and Zorn never made the adjustment. He continued to work a failing game plan. To me that is more worthy of being called stupid---not that i agree on calling anyone stupid here:doh:

1-5 to close the year. No wins against any teams that finished above .500. That is the definition of "thriving" as a QB.

It is also hilarious that the poor coaching excuse is showing up again after 1 game. It is never JC's fault. The receivers and coaches suck. The fact that the team has had a better record when he has been on the bench than when he has played is a simple coincidence. 1-6 against the division isn't so bad.

I missed the game to watch my own son in a JV game. The life of a father. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I've been listening to all of the commentaries and heard many of the things you have already said: (i.e Jason has the talent but isn't making the reads, Zorn didn't have confidence in the passing game, etc.) The one thing I note: on the first play from scrimmage, Heyer gets beat by Tuck for a sack.

I saw it with Ramsey and I saw it with Brunell. If you keep letting the QB get massacred by poor O-Line play, then the QB starts getting happy feet leading to rushed decisions and passes thrown early. I know that the Jansen-haters have been champing at the bit for the local boy makes good in the NFL story, but Heyer doesn't seem to be the answer either. Offense starts with an offensive line, period. Fix that, and you fix the offense.

Turning the ball over from trying to force plays to happen.

Going after something that is not there.

Not getting the handoffs off correctly.

Constantly putting your WR's in a spot to get killed.

Fumbling the snaps, delay of games.

Unneccesary timeouts.

I'd love to hear you definition of " OK " play?

JC Looks confused and I don't these guys believe in this offense anymore. This WCO won't work in this division. Receivers aren't just screwing up, the routes are too short on almost every play. Anything that's 3rd and long and the routes are still short quick slants and comebacks. I think there were 2 deep passes all night long. when Cooley catches 1 pass all night you've got problems with how the weapons are being used.

I missed the game to watch my own son in a JV game. The life of a father. I wouldn't trade it for anything.

I've been listening to all of the commentaries and heard many of the things you have already said: (i.e Jason has the talent but isn't making the reads, Zorn didn't have confidence in the passing game, etc.) The one thing I note: on the first play from scrimmage, Heyer gets beat by Tuck for a sack.

I saw it with Ramsey and I saw it with Brunell. If you keep letting the QB get massacred by poor O-Line play, then the QB starts getting happy feet leading to rushed decisions and passes thrown early. I know that the Jansen-haters have been champing at the bit for the local boy makes good in the NFL story, but Heyer doesn't seem to be the answer either. Offense starts with an offensive line, period. Fix that, and you fix the offense.

you missed the game, do not post about it again because you cannot backup what you are talking about. you are listening to all the drunken idiots on here who ought to be ashamed of calling them selves skins fans.

you didnt see how much time campbell had to throw, he had time and he had room to step up. he was sacked once and it was clearly his fault. do not assume again, you look foolosh doing so

To be fair, there were a lot of run plays. I think the announcer said the ratio was 16 to 10 at one point in the game. But then again, had the pass attack worked then maybe we wouldn't have had to run it so much...

1-5 to close the year. No wins against any teams that finished above .500. That is the definition of "thriving" as a QB.

It is also hilarious that the poor coaching excuse is showing up again after 1 game. It is never JC's fault. The receivers and coaches suck. The fact that the team has had a better record when he has been on the bench than when he has played is a simple coincidence. 1-6 against the division isn't so bad.

You obviously didn't get my point. I don't think anyone sucks I'm just merely stating a fact to what I think were major contributing factors to the lost tonight. That other stuff you mentioned is truly up for debate. You conveniently mentioned the numbers without mentioning how the play book suddenly opened up when Todd came in. There are many reasons for this. We could probably go all night. However, I don't have the time. Work is calling.

I think JC has the Eli syndrome going on down here in DC. Fans expect greatness right out of the gate. Yes I know this is his 4th yr, yes its another new offense and coach, but why is the bar set so high? Yes he cost us 1st and 2nd round picks, but does that mean he is supposed to come in and be Tom or Peyton? NO. This is his last year and you guys are killing him like he has had continuity like Tom and Peyton. Everyone here would agree that if Tom and Peyton had change as much as Jason they wouldnt be as good as they are. So instead of calling for his head after 1 game wait and see if he shows any signs of progress through the 1st 1/4 of the season. If he doesnt let the grumblings slowly begin to boil. Just calm down.

JC Looks confused and I don't these guys believe in this offense anymore. This WCO won't work in this division. Receivers aren't just screwing up, the routes are too short on almost every play. Anything that's 3rd and long and the routes are still short quick slants and comebacks. I think there were 2 deep passes all night long. when Cooley catches 1 pass all night you've got problems with how the weapons are being used.[/quote]

Major point. Why in the hell werent there many plays called for Cooley? He could have been the catlyst to getting the offense rolling. I was disappointed with that very much. We CC involved early and often.

Look one has to look at the 1st play of our "O" to see why JC is NOT the answer after 3 years. The On line did its and gave him a pocket. he starts getting happy feet and then slides out towards Tuck, does he ususal sudo throwing motion only to bring it down and then gets sacked.

I can't stand this guy anymore, he just does not progress at all.

Look one has to look at the 1st play of our "O" to see why JC is NOT the answer after 3 years. The On line did its and gave him a pocket. he starts getting happy feet and then slides out towards Tuck, does he ususal sudo throwing motion only to bring it down and then gets sacked.

I can't stand this guy anymore, he just does not progress at all.

81.3 QB rating (far superior to Eli Manning's 61.1), and he only gave up one sack, the one you described.

Sorry, the main reason for our loss was the playcalling, not Campbell. But hey, Colt would do so much better!

I have been saying this for three years now. Jason is dumb, slow and not a winner. It's a fact. Keep supporting this loser, he will go no where. I hope Zorn puts him on the bench for Todd Collins or go get another QB. I bet Zorn already knows that he's a loser of QB and he's afraid of Vinny and Danny Boy so he'll probably won't bench him but he should. JC also needs to attend math school. This retard, every time we have a 3rd and long, he always(guaranteed) throws two yards, maybe five. He's dumb, he gives a bad name to all those good black QB's that are playing ten times better than this loser....Have fun watching him fail...BTW, what's his record against our division?? That should give you some sight of our future with this loser

Man get off the crazy pill... the man is not dumb and far from it....

81.3 QB rating (far superior to Eli Manning's 61.1), and he only gave up one sack, the one you described.

Sorry, the main reason for our loss was the playcalling, not Campbell. But hey, Colt would do so much better!

I would say playcalling played part of it but I would also say that execution was horrible.

Man get off the crazy pill... the man is not dumb and far from it....

What are you talking about he is dumb, he cant even graduate college while learning 4 new playbooks every year. He cant even be smart enough to even be considered for a starting QB position. Man this guy is so dumb. He couldnt even last 3yrs at the NFL level. Man he is dumb. :doh:

He just needs to make his weakness strong. Will he? Dunno yet after 1 game.

I agree with you man!:cheers:

Campbell just appears to not have "it".

Good football players find ways to win ball games no matter who is lined up against them, no matter what offense is being run, and no matter who is calling the plays. At some point, it's just football. Campbell just looks lost in that regard.

At the very least good football players find ways to hit the open guys when they are WIDE open. Tonight was a very frustrating loss, not only because it starts the season off lame, it's just the WAY they lost that hurts.

I think we can all agree that Campbell never looked comfortable in the game or on the sidelines, with the exception of the TD to Moss. That was a pass that he threw sidearm, by the way. Campbell has never looked comfortable in any Redskin offense. Why he hesitates so much to make a play is troubling, especially when we need to score twice at the end of a game.

I would say playcalling played part of it but I would also say that execution was horrible.

What are you talking about he is dumb, he cant even graduate college while learning 4 new playbooks every year. He cant even be smart enough to even be considered for a starting QB position. Man this guy is so dumb. He couldnt even last 3yrs at the NFL level. Man he is dumb. :doh:

He just needs to make his weakness strong. Will he? Dunno yet after 1 game.

No what are you talking about? Jason Campbell led his team to a 13-0 season and I know a dumb person could not manage to do somthing like that, but I guese most of you guys forget the team have a new coach, new offence, new defense head coach and we should me running on all gear :rolleyes:. I think we all should take it easy on witch hunt on Jason.

Archived