Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hilarious Blache Quotes

HigSkin

On the Panthers having 2 backs gain over 100 yards:

"It was like doing the Texas two-step with one leg," defensive coordinator Greg Blache said. "It was ugly. We didn't do things the way we wanted."

Oh, you forgot the best part. He said, "It's like some Cowpoke doing the Texas 2-step...." That was the funny part :D

On Brian Urlacher's rookie season: "We're trying to force-feed the kid an elephant. So you see him gag and what do you do? You give him the Heimlich maneuver. He's going to devour it and be a great football player. But he wouldn't be if we choked him to death."

If he does have a writer for this stuff, it's that same guy that wrote "Deep Thoughts by Jack Handey" on the older Saturday Night Live episodes.

Absolutely great idea. I was kicking around the idea of writing on the blog about Blache's comments. Glad you beat me to the punch.

The idea of compiling these quotes in a blog is still a good one. There are several gems in here that might get lost because they're not in the first or last posts. And it certainly would be a good way to draw traffic to your blog.

"I got a minuscule [raise], literally minuscule," Blache said of Snyder's offer. "That night, he said, 'This is what I'm offering you because you've always been overpaid.' I said, 'All right, that's a real recruiting line.'

Asked to describe the three cornerbacks' chemistry, defensive coordinator Greg Blache quipped: "You use the term chemistry loosely. Some of us call it weird science. They're a collection, I put it that way. They're a unique group. It's like when I'm turkey hunting, I can sit in the woods sometimes and hear the turkeys cackling and coming. I can hear that group cackling and coming long before I see them."

• 2 weeks later...

Blache had some gems tonight. I didn't write them down, so I don't have the exact words, but basically he said:

"I wanted to become a doctor, but I wasn't smart enough, so I'm coaching."

And the best of all, seriously ROFLMAO:

I forget which call it was, but he said that he regretted calling for a particular defense as soon as the words came out of his mouth, that he wished there was some way to take them back. He then continued, in true Blache style, "It's kinda like when your wife asks you if she looks fat in that, and you say yes, and you know immediately that you shouldn't have said that." (paraphrasing exactly what he said, but that was the idea). OLS!

I just hope his defenses step up some more.

Blache had some gems tonight. I didn't write them down, so I don't have the exact words, but basically he said:

"I wanted to become a doctor, but I wasn't smart enough, so I'm coaching."

And the best of all, seriously ROFLMAO:

I forget which call it was, but he said that he regretted calling for a particular defense as soon as the words came out of his mouth, that he wished there was some way to take them back. He then continued, in true Blache style, "It's kinda like when your wife asks you if she looks fat in that, and you say yes, and you know immediately that you shouldn't have said that." (paraphrasing exactly what he said, but that was the idea). OLS!

wow.... he is funny :D

On putting Rookies in a game before they're ready:

"It's like throwing a bacon cheeseburger into a lions den."

:drool:

another classic

• 2 weeks later...

About the Dallas game and being 11-point underdogs.

“I’m not surprised,” Blache said. “This is like the Christians and the Lions at the Coliseum. ... We have to be one of those underdogs that finds a way to get it done. When we started this country, I bet the Colonists were underdogs to Britain too. We don’t speak the King’s English so there’s a chance for us.”

“I’m not surprised,” Blache said. “This is like the Christians and the Lions at the Coliseum. ... We have to be one of those underdogs that finds a way to get it done. When we started this country, I bet the Colonists were underdogs to Britain too. We don’t speak the King’s English so there’s a chance for us.”

LOL, I heard that last night. I think this is one of my personal favorites.

Dammit!

:doh: :D

Archived