Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Hilarious Blache Quotes

HigSkin

Nothing "gut busting" yet but thought it was time to revive this thread. Considering he's talking whether that's good or bad!

On Haynesworth:

"It is typical of people to get something and get all gaga over the new toy..."

On Phillip Daniels:

"Phillip, if you didn’t look at the birth certificate, you would never believe the guy was 36 years old. He has a body 21-year-olds would kill for."

On practice:

"Practice is easy because if you mess up in practice, coach is going to get on you, in 30 seconds it’s going to be over with. You mess up Thursday night the announcers going to talk about it for another 10-15 minutes, the fans are going to talk about it, they’re going to talk about it at the barber shop the next day."

He's amusing and all, but if he doesn't want the responsibility of press conferences, he should have never gone behind Gregg Williams back and gone after his job. It seems like Blache would be much happier as a position coach, not a D-Coordinator.

Questioning this guys ability to be our Defensive Coach is a stretch but hey....that's your opinion!

This guy is admirable as a coach and as the defensive coach you probably get sick and tired of the same lame questions over and over again. If the reporters would put some real thought in with their question he wouldn't appear to be so on edge.

It's kinda like having your kids constantly ask...."Are we There yet? Are we there yet?" it gets old......but see they are KIDS!!! When you have a grown A@# adult asking you the same old lame questions week in and week out it works your nerves a bit. Try putting yourself in the other guys shoes first before passing judgment......

Questioning this guys ability to be our Defensive Coach is a stretch but hey....that's your opinion!

This guy is admirable as a coach and as the defensive coach you probably get sick and tired of the same lame questions over and over again. If the reporters would put some real thought in with their question he wouldn't appear to be so on edge.

It's kinda like having your kids constantly ask...."Are we There yet? Are we there yet?" it gets old......but see they are KIDS!!! When you have a grown A@# adult asking you the same old lame questions week in and week out it works your nerves a bit. Try putting yourself in the other guys shoes first before passing judgment......

You've misunderstood. It's not his ability to coach, its his unhappiness with handling his job's responsibilities. Most coordinators know that answering the same questions over and over goes with the territory. If you don't want to handle that job, fine, remain a position coach.

....Try putting yourself in the other guys shoes first before passing judgment......

Usually, part of a Defensive Coordinator's responsibilites involves conferences with the media. I don't think Blache behaved professionally. I also take issue with other coaches (especially Parcells) who resort to this tactic. It doesn't reflect well on the organization that's why most coaches simply find a way to cope with fielding questions they don't approve of.

As for putting myself in Blache's shoes -- frankly, if I had behaved like that , I would be embarrassed the next day. Why mock someone in public like that?

IMO, asking about the pass-rush was a legitimate question, even after in week three of the preseason. The Skins have invested heavily on defense (in high-priced free agents and high draft picks, etc.) yet QBs have been able to effectively move the ball (including passing) on the Skins' first string. The first string defense gave up 17 to the Pats in the first half alone. Granted they were facing the Brady to Moss show, but 17 points in a half makes this topic worth discussing. And since the Skins have invested so much in search of a pass rush -- asking about the pass rush is reasonable too.

You've misunderstood. It's not his ability to coach, its his unhappiness with handling his job's responsibilities. Most coordinators know that answering the same questions over and over goes with the territory. If you don't want to handle that job, fine, remain a position coach.

Personally, I'd rather our D coordinator love coaching and hate answering questions then the other way around. :2cents:

• 2 weeks later...

Blache already is in form this season, producing some hilarious quotes. In the post-game interview, he was asked to comment on the Giant wide receivers. Most coaches would give some line about how they are NFL receivers and deserve respect blah blah blah. I'm sure nobody is surprised that Blache gave an entertaining answer. Here's what he said. "These guys didn't get to the NFL based on their looks. I'm not saying they're ugly, but they didn't get here on their looks." :hysterical: I missed you in the offseason, Greg!

Blache already is in form this season, producing some hilarious quotes. In the post-game interview, he was asked to comment on the Giant wide receivers. Most coaches would give some line about how they are NFL receivers and deserve respect blah blah blah. I'm sure nobody is surprised that Blache gave an entertaining answer. Here's what he said. "These guys didn't get to the NFL based on their looks. I'm not saying they're ugly, but they didn't get here on their looks." :hysterical: I missed you in the offseason, Greg!

Less ha-ha, more scheming please.

**** Blanche and his no-pass-rush, corners-10-yds-off-LOS, keeping-Phillip-Daniels-at-DE, "scheme".

If people think his jokes are funny, go see him in some comedy club.

There is no excuse for the Giants not having to punt even ONCE in the first half tonight.

That's a real good joke isn't it? The Giants didn't have to punt AT ALL in the first half tonight. Here's another one. We made Eli look like Peyton tonight!

Har De Har Har! Blanche is so funny, he cracks me up sometimes!

:puke:

• 2 weeks later...

Bump for the Lions game....

Blache's quotes on the Lions:

"Those guys get up in the morning, and they look at us as a team they can beat," Blache said. "They're looking forward to us. We stank the joint up there last year. If our players don't recognize that, they're not as smart as I think they are.

"We're 1-1 right now. It's not exactly like we're smoking into the Super Bowl."

Archived