Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jlc -- Colt May Be Number Two On Saturday

Hooper

What if it backfires and he does great, though? lol...Gonna be a little harder to "knock him down" if he's tossing three TDs with his side-arm/frizbee delivery and awkward foot movement in the pocket. :laugh:

Got 2 words for you why it won't happen: Sugar. Bowl.

now the results in the stat sheet might not be as good, but i can bet 100% that zorn is not looking at the stats at all....

zorn will be looking at, and im sure in this order:

footwork

reads

delivery (not how, but WHEN)

handle the huddle

Exactly :applause: ...do not be surprised if Colt looks mediocre out there, but Zorn praises him more than he did last week. All depends on if Colt improved in the areas Zorn had issues with in the last game, not if he throws multiple TDs. Zorn knows exactly what he's doing.

Got 2 words for you why it won't happen: Sugar. Bowl.

the sugar bowl was more an issure of his O-Line being over matched.... which inturn made him look bad

Colt was getting BLASTED and when he did have time, he did make bad throws, but after being rocked he was alittle shell-shocked.....

Nah..There is no way the Skins 1st and 2nd string offensive line is as bad as the Hawaii line. Absolutely impossible!

Maybe I should have been more specific. Brennan has some good potential that needs to be molded. However playing against the competition that he had in the WAC and now in his first game here in the NFL during pre-season, he hasn't yet faced top flight competition, except in the Sugar Bowl.

He needs to see what the speed of the game is in reality against players that will actually be playing on Sundays. And Zorn is throwing him in the 2nd slot to do just that.

The Sugar Bowl argument holds some water, but it also has to be said that his supporting cast did nothing to help him.

I think he will struggle mightily against 1st/2nd stringers, but if he does excel again that is nothing but a positive for us.

I'm not a mancrusher, but to say that TC is the absolute #2 this year is insane. Zorn is letting CB and TC compete for the number two spot, but hes getting a baseline for both of them. TC's 5 out of 6 completions was for like 30 yards.

Zorn already showed that he cares FAR more about decision making, footwork and pocket presence right now than he does stats.

I'm not a mancrusher, but to say that TC is the absolute #2 this year is insane. Zorn is letting CB and TC compete for the number two spot, but hes getting a baseline for both of them. TC's 5 out of 6 completions was for like 30 yards.

Well, Zorn didn't say that CB and TC are competing for the #2 spot.

In fact, Zorn has recently said that JC is the starter and Collins is #2, and that won't change.

What if CB just goes off and completes 80% of his passes and throws for 3td's against the first team defense and on each of the three series he scores? He might still might not move the way Zorny wants him to, but he may be like a Brett Favre in that regard.

I hope he does! :applause:

I hope JC does, too... :applause:

And Collins lol... :applause:

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Edit: I think Zorn is doing this on purpose. Throwing Colt in after the 1st series against 1st and 2nd string competition will be a reality check for him. You have to knock them down before you build them up and mold them in your image.

That was what I first thought as well.

Just imagine if he lights it up though.

:yikes:

If that happens, ES would indeed, EXPLODE.

Maybe I should have been more specific. Brennan has some good potential that needs to be molded. However playing against the competition that he had in the WAC and now in his first game here in the NFL during pre-season, he hasn't yet faced top flight competition, except in the Sugar Bowl.

He needs to see what the speed of the game is in reality against players that will actually be playing on Sundays. And Zorn is throwing him in the 2nd slot to do just that.

Why Colt looked as bad as he did at the Sugar Bowl has already been debated to death over the internet, so I won't bother with getting into that again, but I would like to add that I bet foreigners whom saw Brady for the first time in the Super Bowl (against Giants) probably were wondering what all the fuss over him is about.

We shall see how Zorn's plan turns out come Saturday. By the way, just so you know I'm not a super homer, I still believe Colt will be #3 for the season no matter what happens between he and Collins.

Well, this should drive the mancrushers crazy, even if it really means nothing.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/redskinsinsider/

Jim Zorn said he might rotate his quarterbacks differently Saturday than he did in the preseason opener. Starter Jason Campbell will again open the game with the first team, but rookie Colt Brennan might go in next instead of back-up Todd Collins.

Zorn wants to see Brennan operate in different aspects of the offense, considering that a few weeks from now Brennan will be banished to holding a clipboard for another year as he develops. "We may mix and match here as we go on," Zorn said.

Regardless, Collins and Brennan will be playing a lot again, with the starters out there for three series, tops.

I would really enjoy seeing Colt go up against a stronger defense. And just think about if plays as well as he did last week.

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Edit: I think Zorn is doing this on purpose. Throwing Colt in after the 1st series against 1st and 2nd string competition will be a reality check for him. You have to knock them down before you build them up and mold them in your image.

yeah i think its something like that ( though a little less diabolical :evil: )

Archived