Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jlc -- Colt May Be Number Two On Saturday

Hooper

Zorn already showed that he cares FAR more about decision making, footwork and pocket presence right now than he does stats.

Coach is making a coach decision here. You see something in a game situation that is different from a practice situation. You have to test it out. Can Colt follow orders and still have game instincts if plans go awry?

This is not about Colt Brennan. This is about making the REDSKINS winners. In order to do that, there must be something that galvanizes and unifies the team as a whole. Some coaches use fear, whips and spurs but I believe Zorn is a heart and mind kind of coach.

All physical/talent things being close to equal, the QB that inspires and delivers is the one to use.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We might as well just declare this week as Colt Brennan Week. :silly:

Seriously though, you have to test all of your players for proper assessment of their strengths and weakness so you can better coach them.

Colt will be the starter next year - sorry had to slip that right in. :D

:excited: :excited: :excited: :excited: :excited:

Edit: I think Zorn is doing this on purpose. Throwing Colt in after the 1st series against 1st and 2nd string competition will be a reality check for him. You have to knock them down before you build them up and mold them in your image.

Thats exaclty what I was thinking. Throw him in when some of the Bill's D starters or second stringers still on the field and see what happens.

That, and TC has looked horrid in practice and didn't have a great performance at the HOF game.

I would really enjoy seeing Colt go up against a stronger defense. And just think about if plays as well as he did last week.

Yes, he did play well last week, but got very lucky on a few throws.

I want him to do very well, but I don't want him out there doing anything to win the game.

He needs to do what Zorn asks of him, and not force throws that could end up being INT's

:2cents:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: We might as well just declare this week as Colt Brennan Week. :silly:

Seriously though, you have to test all of your players for proper assessment of their strengths and weakness so you can better coach them.

IF Colt does well enough against the Bills, skeptics will say "But wait a minute...The Bills ranked 29th in pass defense" :laugh:

Why do some people here want him to do bad? So they don't have to see threads on Extremeskins? That's absurd.

I don't think there is one person on here that wants him to do bad, however, the number of threads that Colt should be our starter or even #2 are absurd. Everyone wants to seem him progress and do well but we don't want to see "Colt should be our starter" thread because he makes a complete pass against a third string defense.

This is what I ****ing can't stand. There's is still no faith in a VERY promising looking JC, who is ACTUALLY our STARTING QB!!

That's why I hate seeing all these CB threads. Cause there's **** like this. And don't tell me your joking, cause you say it in every thread.

He'll have a MUCH better O-line and MUCH better receivers than he did in the Sugar.

I've read all week how the O-Line will have its hands full trying to protect Todd Collins against the Bills second stringers because of the Todd Wade and Stephon Heyer losses. That's two important OTs lost for the 2nd team offense.

This is currently the 2nd-team line playing this saturday:

LT - Rinehart - rookie

LG - Washington (Tavaris) - 2nd year

C - Geisinger

RG - Fabini

RT - Clark - undrafted free agent

Only Geisinger and Fabini have played in an NFL game, and Geisinger only a couple times.

Actually, it might be beneficial that Colt plays with the second string in that at least he is mobile and can get out of the pocket if he has to. I was worried that Collins would get hammered out there with such a makeshift line since he's such a statue right now.

I don't get that, either.

I would love to see him come out and play great against good defensive players.

Here, here. Fans stressing over a draft pick doing well is absurd. Saying he got moved up to #2 string just so he could fail is negative thinking. Confidence is very important to a qb. You dont thow your qbs in the fire when they are developing unless you are SURE they can handle it.

What are the bets on Devine playing against the 1st or 2nd string D? How come a rookie can do it? OMG, the sky is falling.:laugh:

I don't think there is one person on here that wants him to do bad, however, the number of threads that Colt should be our starter or even #2 are absurd. Everyone wants to seem him progress and do well but we don't want to see "Colt should be our starter" thread because he makes a complete pass against a third string defense.

I agree.

I want Brennan to do well this week, but Campbell is our guy.

Jason looked great last week. Made smart decisions and some good throws that, unlike several of Brennans', were not risky.

Those who think Brennan has a chance to be the starter or think he should be, I hope they enjoy the show the next 4 weeks.

Cause after that the only time you will see Brennan is when they focus the camera on Zorn during the regular season, and you see a guy near him wearing a #5 jersey holding a clipboard. :)

Its a good idea, get him some experience against stiffer competition(players who may actually play in a real NFL game), and at the same time see whether he can again pick his game up to that level. There is no way though that he replaces Collins as the #2 this year, unless something drastic happens.

I've read all week how the O-Line will have its hands full trying to protect Todd Collins against the Bills second stringers because of the Todd Wade and Stephon Heyer losses. That's two important OTs lost for the 2nd team offense.

This is currently the 2nd-team line playing this saturday:

LT - Rinehart - rookie

LG - Washington (Tavaris) - 2nd year

C - Geisinger

RG - Fabini

RT - Clark - undrafted free agent

Only Geisinger and Fabini have played in an NFL game, and Geisinger only a couple times.

Actually, it might be beneficial that Colt plays with the second string in that at least he is mobile and can get out of the pocket if he has to. I was worried that Collins would get hammered out there with such a makeshift line since he's such a statue right now.

Actually, I think people need to see Colt get laid out by some Strahan type. He's mobile and gets the ball out quick, but it's gonna happen sooner or later even with a starting O-line backing him up. In this league, one of the things he's gonna have to show is that he can take a lick, come right back a throw a strike. That goes for any QB that intends to lead a team in this league.

my gut feeling tells me vinny and danny paid zorn a visit and helped bump him up to second string for this game

not a chance... what would even make you think that. You think they are going to tell a QB coach what to do about the QBs. You are out of your mind. The reasoning behind it is to give him more experience... no more no less. He is not replacing Collins, he is not replacing JC they are simply giving him a chance to see what he is going to be up against in future. Zorn wants him to know early what he has to work for.... you people are ridiculous!

my gut feeling tells me vinny and danny paid zorn a visit and helped bump him up to second string for this game

Well, you better have you gut checked, cause it is doing some funny things. :)

No way Snyder would tell Zorn how to prioritize his QBs.

Archived