Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jlc -- Colt May Be Number Two On Saturday

Hooper

c'mon, c'mon, this is not the Olympics. This is is the NFL (or so I have been told). The NFL is sport ENTERTAINMENT. It is a BUSINESS. It has SPONSORS who need TV RATINGS.

It is not just "football". Nobody in this room knows what is really going on, but you can bet that it is a COMBINATION of a lot of things. Don't think for a moment that the ho-hum of preseason is being overlooked by the business side of the NFL.

You think the JETS are going to be lost on the NFL channel in preseason now that Favre is there? Watch- some commercial network will pick it up.

You think our 6th round draft pick QB from nowhere, hawaii who lit up the ratings for last week's game is going to be ignored??? Of course, the business eyes are on him and the fan reaction.

THAT, my friends is called the "IT" quality. Whether or not he carries a clipboard during regular season, the powers that be see an opportunity to promote the Skins. This is a good thing for the business office.

It may not be a good thing for Colt Brennan - too much, too soon, even. But he will face any challenge for his team. That I know for sure. Think of that when you see what Colt went through at the Sugar Bowl. I am trusting in Coach Zorn to PROTECT his team members... especially from themselves.

Whatever the case may be, GO REDSKINS!

This is what I ****ing can't stand. There's is still no faith in a VERY promising looking JC, who is ACTUALLY our STARTING QB!!

That's why I hate seeing all these CB threads. Cause there's **** like this. And don't tell me your joking, cause you say it in every thread.

:laugh: Bring on the hate my friend. I love it. Where did I say JC sucks or he is not the starting QB THIS year. Now NEXT year can be a totaly different story. Don't sit there and tell me you have a crystal ball. I hell sure don't. So my predication is just that a predication. Let the best QB lead the Skins to a glorious victory. I am sure you would want the same regardless of who is at the helm. ;)

this is not a big deal.....TC15 will be the back up in 2008 no matter what

a few reason why zorn is doing this:

1) zorn wants to see what colt can do with guys that will be here week one (cc47, sm89, are82, ect) and see how he adapts to the guys up front that will start week 1

2) he already knows what he is getting in TC15, who will be this teams back up NO MATTER WHAT HAPPENS THIS YEAR

3) wants to see how colt does against guys that will be playing week 1 in buff on D, and have also game planned for him some what....

bottom line this is a MONSTER test for CB5.....

now the results in the stat sheet might not be as good, but i can bet 100% that zorn is not looking at the stats at all....

zorn will be looking at, and im sure in this order:

footwork

reads

delivery (not how, but WHEN)

handle the huddle

Well, it might be a big deal...

If TC15 stinks, and CB5 comes in and lights it up like an AK47 in a terrorists hands on a A380, then this could leave JZHC and DSO with a tough decision. But, it would be awesome if CB5 were better, because he would win the QB1 position and take us to SB43 where we would totally win, just like the B52's won of all our hearts with that Love Shack song back in the M80's. Then, during our SB43 victory parade, we could get U2 to come and rock out with MK12 and BL85 (we would bring him back just for the SB43 parade) showcasing there B301 (represent!) rap skills.

Man, if we won SB43 with C5 at Q1, my heart would just explode like C4 on a hot day with no SPF70 sunscreen!

:notworthy

NFL preseason

game sees hefty gains

Averages a 2.4 in 18-49s on NBC, up 50 percent

By Toni Fitzgerald

Aug 4, 2008

The Washington Redskins opened the Jim Zorn era with a preseason victory for their new head coach. They also helped give NBC a big boost over last year.

The first preseason edition of “Sunday Night Football” averaged a 2.4 adults 18-49 rating from 8 to 11 p.m. last night, according to Nielsen overnights, up 50 percent over last year’s 1.6.

That was still well below the 3.3 for the preseason Hall of Fame game two years ago, but NBC won the night easily with a 24 percent advantage over second-place Fox.

The Redskins defeated the Indianapolis Colts 30-16 on a weekend where two former Redskins players, Art Monk and Darrell Green, were enshrined in the Hall of Fame.

That little bit of synergy may have helped boost NBC’s ratings, as might lack of competition. Every other network was down compared with the same night last year.

Some of the more experienced members help me out here: with Ramsey and Wuerffel, eg, how long did the homer frenzy last? I'm sure we'll see the same thing with -- getting hard for me to even mention the name -- CB. I wasn't around when the former were being lifted and enshrined so I don't have any frame of reference. Thanks.

HTTR

It was the VERY first game of the NFL season... the Redskins had been hyped all weekend because of the Enshrinment. The guy had a nice outing, I was there, he was exciting to watch. But good lord people enough is enough. And if you read that article, it refutes your argument "still well below the 3.3 for the preseason Hall of Fame game two years ago" and as I stated Monk and Green helped those ratings a lot, "little bit of synergy may have helped boost NBC’s ratings, as might lack of competition"

If TC15 stinks, and CB5 comes in and lights it up like an AK47 in a terrorists hands on a A380, then this could leave JZHC and DSO with a tough decision. But, it would be awesome if CB5 were better, because he would win the QB1 position and take us to SB43 where we would totally win, just like the B52's won of all our hearts with that Love Shack song back in the M80's. Then, during our SB43 victory parade, we could get U2 to come and rock out with MK12 and BL85 (we would bring him back just for the SB43 parade) showcasing there B301 (represent!) rap skills.

Man, if we won SB43 with C5 at Q1, my heart would just explode like C4 on a hot day with no SPF70 sunscreen!

The poet with the mostest... George Carlin LIVES!!

:cheers:

:laugh: Well done. :applause:

Pushing CB5 up from QT3 to QT1 is no biggie. Gibbs did it with TC15 and MB8 last preseason. SOSO....

:laugh: Bring on the hate my friend. I love it. Where did I say JC sucks or he is not the starting QB THIS year.

You don't have to come out and actually say something for people to understand what you want to say.

Now NEXT year can be a totaly different story. Don't sit there and tell me you have a crystal ball. I hell sure don't. So my predication is just that a predication.

So your saying JC is gonna do terrible, so bad that CB is gonna have take over. Why wouldn't your prediction be that JC is gonna have to defend that super bowl trohpy next year?

Let the best QB lead the Skins to a glorious victory. I am sure you would want the same regardless of who is at the helm. ;)

Thats the thing. JC IS THE BEST QB on the team. Is seems like you're rooting for JC to fail just to see CB have success.

Please mark this NSFW. I just fell out of my cube laughing at this, and knocked over some TPS report cover sheets.

HELLO? This is what Colt needs.... An opportunity... Most 6th round QBs don't get opportunities during pre-season as much as Colt. Most importantly Colt needs to appreciate the opportunity the coaching staff is giving him. This is a test, a very big test for him. I don't know of any rookie that brings up more controversy on this board than the yayers and nayers of Colt Brennan. Yayers believe, Colt won some nayers with the first pre-season game, and now we got some nayers between two loafs of hay. If this saturday turns out like how it was this past sunday.... the best thing I can say is Brennan 5 jerseys are gonna be the hottest selling thing by the start of the season. Of course Campbell will be the starter without a doubt in my mind (I'm a Hawaiian and an Alumni for the University of Hawaii Warriors).

Archived