Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jlc -- Colt May Be Number Two On Saturday

Hooper

There's always the possibility that the first and second stringers wanted to play with Colt and asked Zorn to let him play with them.

I thought JC looked great in the HOF game and it seems to me that Jason is having some fun out there. The last couple of seasons seemed so boring for him. The pressure is off of Campbell simply because there's no expectation of serious competition for Jason. So, that equates to loving what you do and being able to relax and find those targets.

This move could also light a fire under Collins rear-end and make him start looking like he belongs at number two.

Either way you look at it, Jason Campbell and Colt Brennan are going to enjoy themselves because neither one of them has any pressure on them but Collins does.

Coach Zorn said that TC15 would have probably performed just as good as CB5 if he had played the 3rd quarter of the HOF game. OK, but would CB5 have played as lethargic as TC15 if he had relieved JC17 into halftime? CB5 will have a much tougher test this Saturday and Zorn would probably like to see how he can handle it IF he goes in after JC17. All of this is so that if JC17 is injured for an extended amount of time, and TC15 comes in as the starter but really stinks up the joint for a couple of games (during the regular season), Coach Zorn will probably pull him for CB5 if CB5 shows well in these preseason number two situations against more first and second stringers.

Coach Zorn said that TC15 would have probably performed just as good as CB5 if he had played the 3rd quarter of the HOF game. OK, but would CB5 have played as lethargic as TC15 if he had relieved JC17 into halftime? CB5 will have a much tougher test this Saturday and Zorn would probably like to see how he can handle it IF he goes in after JC17. All of this is so that if JC17 is injured for an extended amount of time, and TC15 comes in as the starter but really stinks up the joint for a couple of games (during the regular season), Coach Zorn will probably pull him for CB5 if CB5 shows well in these preseason number two situations against more first and second stringers.

I don't think there is any pressure on Colt at all. He has nothing to feel pressure about. He'll be playing with the first and second stringers because Zorn wants to see what Colt has learned from his practice this week after viewing the HOF game.

I don't think there is any pressure on Colt at all. He has nothing to feel pressure about. He'll be playing with the first and second stringers because Zorn wants to see what Colt has learned from his practice this week after viewing the HOF game.

Who said anything about pressure?

My God, this Colt obsession has GOT to stop. I hope he has a great NFL career - even if it's with a different team down the line because this is JC's team.

The guy had a great game in the 3rd/4th quarter of a preseason game and now threads about him outnumber threads about the STARTER about 20 to 1.

There has been no indication to this point that JC doesn't have the potential to be a really good NFL starter. I think having a guy like Zorn who seems to have confidence in him will help a great deal in his continued development.

I never felt Gibbs helped to boost his confidence at all.

My God, this Colt obsession has GOT to stop. I hope he has a great NFL career - even if it's with a different team down the line because this is JC's team.

The guy had a great game in the 3rd/4th quarter of a preseason game and now threads about him outnumber threads about the STARTER about 20 to 1.

There has been no indication to this point that JC doesn't have the potential to be a really good NFL starter. I think having a guy like Zorn who seems to have confidence in him will help a great deal in his continued development.

I never felt Gibbs helped to boost his confidence at all.

This the most dumbest thing ever to read here. I hope Colt has better career somewhere else. Why not here. :doh: I wonder if the Pats fans were saying the same about Brady. Yeah I know - Colt can't be compared to Brady - yet.

I always root for the team - and yes I will be rooting for JC as well and have been (check my post history - yes STB21 that applies to you too). But that doesn't mean one can't see a player they like to develope into a starter caliber for their team!!!

This the most dumbest thing ever to read here. I hope Colt has better career somewhere else. Why not here. :doh: I wonder if the Pats fans were saying the same about Brady. Yeah I know - Colt can't be compared to Brady - yet.

I always root for the team - and yes I will be rooting for JC as well and have been (check my post history - yes STB21 that applies to you too). But that doesn't mean one can't see a player they like to develope into a starter caliber for their team!!!

Or maybe you should realize it's virtually impossible for BOTH JC and Colt to have great careers here. :rolleyes:

What are we going to do - have a two QB system?

EDIT: The fact that you put "yet" at the end of that Brady comment says it all. Let him win an NFL GAME first before you even suggest that someday he might even be able to be mentioned in the same breathe as Brady or Manning.

I'm glad. First of all, we know what we're getting for the most part with TC - he's a quarterback that's not going to light up the scoreboard, but he's not going to lose games for us either, so that makes him a perfect guy to come in if we lose Campbell for a week or two.

Second, I hope Brennan does okay so all of the haters that dismissed his performance in the HOF game can keep their mouths shut about how Colt played against scrubs. Colt doesn't care where he plays - he's going to take the opportunity.

That said, I hope Campbell does even better then he did last week. More importantly, let's hope he stays healthy, because then it won't really matter who's #2, will it?

I knew he would do this. Collins looked lost out there, probably because he hasn't been learning the system for upteen years.

That's probably the only reason. If Collins learns the system, there shouldn't be any reason that he wouldn't be able to do at least moderately well. The problem you run into is what happens when you try to teach an old dog new tricks.

EDIT: The fact that you put "yet" at the end of that Brady comment says it all. Let him win an NFL GAME first before you even suggest that someday he might even be able to be mentioned in the same breathe as Brady or Manning.

How many games did Brady win before they put him in after their starter QB went down??? And how many games and SB has he won since then???

Did you also know that Brady was a 4th string QB on the depth chart!!! Never say never my friend.;)

So just because a person hasn't played a game yet doesn't by no mean that person can't be the next Brady or a Manning. If you think like that then that in my view is very narrow minded thinking.

What will everyone do if he looks good against 1st and 2nd stringers? What if he goes 11-12 w/ 125 yrds and a TD? The naysayers will find a way to knock it and the CB homers will move to the next level. It won't quit. Everyone should be happy that a backup has potential. That is a GOOD thing.

JC impressed me and is VERY far ahead of CB. There won't be a QB controversy. We all know that.

One thing I can say though. If CB can adjust to the speed of the game and improve his arm strength, he will be pushing JC in the next few years. CB's accuracy is his strong suit right now. The other 2 can be learned.

The bottom line is that JC is the number 1. Let's get that out of the way, first. It will take a series of severely bad performances- or a season ending injury - for him not to be quarterback of the Washington Redskins throughout the entire season, and if preseason and training camp have been any indication, that shouldn't happen.

Second fact: TC is the number 2 for now. He's got the experience and he's proven his ability to come off the bench.

Third fact: They're grooming CB to be the number 2 guy for several years to come because they know that, performance notwithstanding, one way or another Collins will be gone in a few years. How CB does this preseason might determine, if anything, if that will be sooner or later.

I don't get that, either.

I would love to see him come out and play great against good defensive players.

it is strange how people here can say go skins then bash someone on the team. its like they want him *colt* to fail. JC is an will be the starter for years to come. its understood CB wont be in the mix for 2 or 3 years from now as a backup.

it is strange how people here can say go skins then bash someone on the team. its like they want him *colt* to fail. JC is an will be the starter for years to come. its understood CB wont be in the mix for 2 or 3 years from now as a backup.

Some exuberance is expected, but some of it has been irrational.

Archived