Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jlc -- Colt May Be Number Two On Saturday

Hooper

Love him or hate him, Colt proved one thing in Canton that no one can deny. The dude looked confident, had swagger, didn't seem lost or overwhelmed and had "it." No, Im not saying he should compete for JC for the starting spot (a wee bit too soon for that), but if Campbell doesn't look good out there this year, it is nice to know we have another young, promising QB that can hopefully be the long-term answer.

And come this saturday, I'm going to be cheering for Colt to kick ass and do even better than he did against the Colts. Why? Because dude is wearing the B & G. I'm a Skins fan much more than a fan of any single player.

If Colt takes a few big-time Michael Strahan-type hits in the backfield, it won't be anything he didn't experience at the Sugar Bowl.

The pass rush was untouched every play, and he took a vicious beating. He isn't going to be afraid of any NFL body slams.

Junes Jones had many virtues, but he was a flake, and didn't prepare the team before the game. And I'm really glad the offensive line coach went with him to SMU.

i hope colt does decent if he goes up against the first and second strings. some ups and downs. if he goes lights out again that would be wonderful, but bad i think. i want colt to have the feeling that he can play but still needs a lot of work to get to the tip top level. the fans may be chanting for colt to be #2, but i for one hawaii fan want colt to observe a season watch JC and a veteran like TC. learn what can be done in all sorts of situations. you wont see everything in the preseason.

could end up like another hawaii georgia game if colt is rushed. now the georgia game i blame the o line. i am just saying hawaii was not prepared and i do not want colt to be unprepared.

i like how zorn handled colt's success. pointed out the risky throws and said even though things worked out he made rookie mistakes. those are the things colt will see and realize. the little things you can and can not do when the season rolls out and the teams are going balls out. some things colt can only learn by watching.

it has been interesting this last week and certainly has grabbed the attention of people not just hawaii fans.

Some exuberance is expected, but some of it has been irrational.

totally. but not all hawaii fans are uneducated fans. those are the irrational ones. the armchair QBs that never actually played the game. some of us actually know about the game even though we do not have a nfl team in our back yard.

totally. but not all hawaii fans are uneducated fans. those are the irrational ones. the armchair QBs that never actually played the game. some of us actually know about the game even though we do not have a nfl team in our back yard.

exactly, I just read your other post and your thought process is very similar to mine. I am 100% excited to have a young QB on our roster but I am also 110% behind Campbell and have been for a long time. I think for me its just frustrating to see these Colt fans come on the board comparing Colt to Marino and saying that he should be the #2 if not #1 guy out there. We are a very welcoming fanbase but I feel like a lot of the HI fans have been very disrespectful of our history.

exactly, I just read your other post and your thought process is very similar to mine. I am 100% excited to have a young QB on our roster but I am also 110% behind Campbell and have been for a long time. I think for me its just frustrating to see these Colt fans come on the board comparing Colt to Marino and saying that he should be the #2 if not #1 guy out there. We are a very welcoming fanbase but I feel like a lot of the HI fans have been very disrespectful of our history.

well most of them i hope intend no disrespect. come on the sugar bowl was the biggest thing for hawaii football ever!! now we have a promising player, more than any in the past, that may make it big.

i hope that some of it is pure emotion running over. i think when everyone REALLY thinks about it. here is the best sernario for the redskins, not colt.

colt does well in the preseason not perfect but enough to feel he can be a backup now. create the HUNGER. zorn being smart like i know he is keep colt in check tell him to watch and learn. if colt gets punished in the next few games he may lose a little swagger. we do not want the future backup to have doubt we want him to think he is the man and then JC and CB will push each other to be the best they both can be. we want him almost to the point of ****y and hungry hungry hungry when he is given that shot. and seeing all types of situations HOLDING A CLIPBOARD!!!! is the way he will be ready for those unexpected things. then in 2 years or so let the QB controversy talk begin.

anyway i have had nothing but great experiences on these boards even the mods are cool.

i gotta put together a signature for my post ne1 have ideas of where to go to get killer pics.

Colt Brennan played like he had been in the league for years during the HoF game. TC was horrible. If Colt goes 2nd this Saturday, it might be a sign that Zorny sees something in the kid that TC just doesn't have. If Brennan continues to play this way throughout preseason, I would be happy to see him win the 2nd string spot.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

omg. you have got to be kidding me...

all laughing aside... did you actually watch that entire game? have you seen the type of hits Colt has taken during his college career?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2RqGAh5NQ

this is a hit he took last November, 6 days later he was suited up for Nevada and could have played, but Jones held him out. 13 days later he ripped Boise St. apart to win the WAC title. your omg response is what's laughable... it doesn't matter if it comes from marcus riley or michael strahan. try getting laid out yourself sometime... you'll know what i mean.

all laughing aside... did you actually watch that entire game? have you seen the type of hits Colt has taken during his college career?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kc2RqGAh5NQ

this is a hit he took last November, 6 days later he was suited up for Nevada and could have played, but Jones held him out. 13 days later he ripped Boise St. apart to win the WAC title. your omg response is what's laughable... it doesn't matter if it comes from marcus riley or michael strahan. try getting laid out yourself sometime... you'll know what i mean.

I saw that game and thought Colt was dead after that hit. He actually did play in the Nevada game albeit threw only like 2 passes but to perform the way he did against Boise St. less than 2 weeks later says alot.

I saw that game and thought Colt was dead after that hit. He actually did play in the Nevada game albeit threw only like 2 passes but to perform the way he did against Boise St. less than 2 weeks later says alot.

some people still don't realize what kind of football player they have on their team fighting for the #3 QB spot. this is a true warrior and a steal in the 6th round.

some people still don't realize what kind of football player they have on their team fighting for the #3 QB spot. this is a true warrior and a steal in the 6th round.

I know. Most of his detractors here never heard of him let alone seen him play until they saw the highlights of the Sugar Bowl and/or heard Ron Jaworski on draft day say he basically sucks. Jaws is going to eat his words one day as will many here.

Tandler commenting on Colt coming in after Campbell:laugh:

I don't think that Zorn realizes that he is playing with fire here. If Colt comes in and goes six for eight with a touchdown, he'll have a rally at Redskins Park with tiki torch bearing protesters demanding that Brennan be made the starting quarterback immediately.

Tandler commenting on Colt coming in after Campbell:laugh:

I don't think that Zorn realizes that he is playing with fire here. If Colt comes in and goes six for eight with a touchdown, he'll have a rally at Redskins Park with tiki torch bearing protesters demanding that Brennan be made the starting quarterback immediately.

Not that there is anything wrong with that....:laugh:

I know. Most of his detractors here never heard of him let alone seen him play until they saw the highlights of the Sugar Bowl and/or heard Ron Jaworski on draft day say he basically sucks. Jaws is going to eat his words one day as will many here.

Jaworski will always eat his words because he is the biggest bafoon! He sure sounds like he know what he is talking about, but is the biggest idiot who is extremely irritating.

Article on Tebow vs. Brennan

Snips:

Jones said the key difference, however, is that his record-breaking quarterback, Colt Brennan, runs an NFL-style offense while Tebow runs a "college system."

"My quarterback has been labeled a 'system quarterback' for three years," Jones said. "He is the best passer in college history. He is. There is no question about it. Tim Tebow is in a system."

Jones, who said his comments were not meant to demean Tebow in any way, may be involved in some gamesmanship before the Heisman finalists are announced Wednesday.

"My quarterback is the best player, trust me," he said.

What if Jones is right? What if we do have a better player here than Tim Tebow? Nobody knows not even Brennan right now.

Archived