Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which two non-starters impressed you the most?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just to throw my :2cents: in, aside from Colt Brennan I have to agree that Chris Horton looked damn good! He was all over the field and whenever a play ended he was either making the stop or he was right there with the ball. I could definitely see him taking Vern Fox's spot as backup and eventually working his was into a starting role if he keeps it up.

Also, I know it was only one game but I'm excited about the depth Rob Jackson gives us at DE!

So far so good on the draft picks Danny & Vinny...can't wait to see Thomas and Kelly play :cheers:

Yeah I think Vernon's days are numbered now

I think on offense it would have to be Colt. He had alot of questions coming into this season and so far he looks pretty good. He seems to have a good grasp of the offense, even though its only one game. On defense I would have to say Rob Jackson. He seemed to be getting decent pressure up front, which is a big plus incase something happens to Carter or Taylor. Overall, it was a very good first preseason game for the Skins.

Colt Brennan first, and mad props to my boy, former Bruin Chris Horton, second. Reading this thread I see I'm not alone in this. CB was everything we were told he was before last years Sugar Bowl, and CH showed that his physicality translates to the NFL level almost as much as it impacted Div. I collegians.

Assuming they both continue to play like they did last night, we got ourselves a couple of draft steals folks. Awesome stuff.

I was impressed overall by the team. It was preseason, ok I get it. I still found that the team had a lot of energy. The QBs seemed to be unstoppable hitting their targets almost at will. The Line didn't seem too bad and the running game was explosive. Anyone else imagining Portis running through THOSE holes? My goodness.

Horton looked good on the blitz, but as someone said he was playing against a backup O-line and coming in untouched. In a way I was more impressed with his onside recovery. I didn't get a good impression of him in coverage, which is going to be important if we're playing a lot of cover 2. That's where Stu really got exposed - he didn't get to the corner fast enough when the CB released, and it cost us a TD.

Horton made plays. He had 2 sacks and alertly covered the onside kick after it bounced off a redskin. He was all over the field for most of the game. If he can keep this up, he may challenge for PT in the season. If he can continue this performance are the key words.

#2 goes to Colt. I have been tough on the guy, but he brought a lot of passion and energy on the field. Keep in mind it was against guys who'll be bagging groceries in a month, but I think he could push for the #2 job this year or next.

I love how our offense did so well without our 2nd round receivers nor our top two running backs.

I can't really shave it down to two, but three works. Horton, Brennan, and Mason all looked lights-out.

Rob Jackson is a nice runner up, and I think Matteral Richardson looked cool with that PICK SIX.

Everyone has overlooked the performance of Leigh Torrance. Finally we have depth at CB. He had an outstanding game and the offense started going away from his side. Gone are the days of horrible nickle/dime CBs. With Torrance playing at a high level, Rogers can come back slowly and even give Springs a breather.

Everyone has overlooked the performance of Leigh Torrance. Finally we have depth at CB. He had an outstanding game and the offense started going away from his side. Gone are the days of horrible nickle/dime CBs. With Torrance playing at a high level, Rogers can come back slowly and even give Springs a breather.

Good point man, I saw Leigh Torrence all over the field last night. I should've listed him on the poll.

Just to throw my :2cents: in, aside from Colt Brennan I have to agree that Chris Horton looked damn good! He was all over the field and whenever a play ended he was either making the stop or he was right there with the ball. I could definitely see him taking Vern Fox's spot as backup and eventually working his was into a starting role if he keeps it up.

Also, I know it was only one game but I'm excited about the depth Rob Jackson gives us at DE!

So far so good on the draft picks Danny & Vinny...can't wait to see Thomas and Kelly play :cheers:

I couldn't agree more. It seemed like anytime there was a play on defense, Horton was there.

Obviously Brennan looked good, as did Jackson.

Lets hope we can stay relatively healthy and avoid injuries this season.

:applause: :applause:

About time someone acknowledges this kid. He is going to be a solid corner for us for years. Eveyone was focused on Tryon, sucking, and forgot Leigh. Torrence looked solid and am happy because I feel like we have good CB depth. We just need a younger number 1 corner.

Chris Horton and Chris Horton....

Every preseason theres a guy out there who nobody knows and he shows everyone that he is a man's man. Yesterday, at least for me, Chris Horton was that man. He was hitting people, presurring people, intimidating people, manhandling people. Props to him, I hope he turns in to a great one.

Rob Jackson is a nice runner up, and I think Matteral Richardson looked cool with that PICK SIX.

I thought so many players did well, i'll just pick out the one that I think will be the most important to the team this season: Rob Jackson has good size and good burst if he keeps it up he could become a key cog in the DE rotation that will keep Jason Taylor fresh for 3rd/Passing downs

AP080803014424pg.jpg

A pick 6 isn't a every game occurance so i gotta give props too Matteral Richardson

l_31185a40324ce2bd8df6e95fca11dcea.jpg

:cheers:

Archived