Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which two non-starters impressed you the most?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Colt Brennan - all but one of his throws were not only complete, but right on the money. It's still early, but bout 1 of CB vs. DD - Colt by a knockout. :1stplace:

Horton - what can you say about a kid that has the wherewithal to recover an onside kick to start a game, then comes in later and makes plays, including bringing down Jared 'I-ate-one-of-the-Training-Camp-receivers-for-breakfast' Lorenzen, unassisted...twice. Guy must have been doing some heavy lifting recently. :lift: A couple more preseason games like that, and a guy like Schweigert or Vernon Fox could be in HUGE trouble when it comes to their job security. Everyone's gonna say, 'oh, well, he was against a third-string line.' I argue that makes it more impressive - the Colts' third-string line had 6 linemen. One of them just happened to be throwing the football :laugh: :2ndplace:

Mason impressed as he did last year. Along with Colt Brennan. Mason should have made the team last year. ( like 2nd string imo) Betts is more of a 3rd down bruiser back and Cartwright should make the practice squad- imo. Too much "Dances with the Stars" for Cartwright.

Agreed

Chris Horton - Havnt really heard his name much till last night, and heard it alot last night. seems promising.

Brennan - this one wasnt as much of a surprise, expected him to do well and he did, will be a great 3rd stringer lol

P.S. Brooks had some solid kicks

Agreed

Personally, I think a RB controversy will make Betts better. I lost a bit of respect for the guy after last season, to be honest. It never looks good on a player to play well, get a big contract extension, and then not play so well. It kind of looked like that attitude of, "Oh, well, my roster spot and role within the team are safe, so I don't have to bust my ass anymore now that everyone's noticed me."

CP, when healthy, is obviously the best of our backs. And that's not just as a runner. CP is one of the top-three blitz pickup guys in football, mainly because he's every bit as physical without the ball as he is with it. CP might have been my first ever Redskin mancrush. I'm not sure if anyone remembers the play, but it was during the '05 season and somebody decided to sic a LB blitz on Brunell. As Brunell dropped back, CP shifted in front of him to the LB's side...and laid a crushing, stand-up block that knocked the guy out COLD. Everybody was standing right over the dude for a few seconds like "what the hell happened to him?" Sometimes, I think CP plays too hard for his own good, like when he busted his shoulder laying out that DB during the '06 preseason.

If Cartwright can be supplanted by Mason as a main return man, Mason can replace Cartwright on the roster. Mason's small, but he's shifty and also surprisingly powerful. Almost like a poor man's MJD. As long as Cartwright's returning kicks, though...Mason's a longshot.

I like Betts But I think Mason is a far more explosive runner and is a good sub for CP that wont miss a step when spelling CP because they have kinda the same running style. Betts can catch the ball. But other than that Masons running ability is way above Betts. So I guess if he makes the team..its between who they want to keep Cartwright..Betts..Mason.. One has to go..Guess it depends on if someone steps in as a good punt returner besides Cartwright or Mason can run back some punts..But I think Betts may be the loser in this competition. I definitely dont think Mason should go back to the practice squad and Betts disappointed me several times last year. Especially the game against the Giants when he couldn't get into the end zone..and on other ocassions also..

Archived