Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Poll: Which two non-starters impressed you the most?

#98QBKiller

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Just to throw my :2cents: in, aside from Colt Brennan I have to agree that Chris Horton looked damn good! He was all over the field and whenever a play ended he was either making the stop or he was right there with the ball. I could definitely see him taking Vern Fox's spot as backup and eventually working his was into a starting role if he keeps it up.

Also, I know it was only one game but I'm excited about the depth Rob Jackson gives us at DE!

So far so good on the draft picks Danny & Vinny...can't wait to see Thomas and Kelly play :cheers:

I voted Horton and Mason...w/ Colt coming in a close 3rd. Horton really played w/great energy and seemed to be everywhere at times. Mason just ran and ran and ran....I was impressed w/Colt. I don't follow college ball closely and wasn't familiar w/him at all. Just heard things here and there. So I didn't know what to expect from him. He played well and it was hard to tell this was his first pro game.

I went with an unbelievable Brennan as the first choice. He may never play that well again, seriously. Let's hope this wasn't his "Osaka" game.

Second star would be #80, Maurice Mann. He made a couple of really nice plays, but depth may work against his odds.

Chris Horton gets honorable mention.

I agree with the poster above. Pretty much all of our choices who played yesterday sparkled a little. Brooks had a great pin punt. Horton got his sacks and recoveries. Jackson got sacks. Davis got a couple of grabs. And Colt, man was on fire yesterday.

I thought Mason was really good hitting the holes fast and utilizing the cut back on several plays. Fincher was all over the field for him being a late pick to fill a spot for TC I thought he was fast and showed good instincts!

Mason impressed as he did last year. Along with Colt Brennan. Mason should have made the team last year. ( like 2nd string imo) Betts is more of a 3rd down bruiser back and Cartwright should make the practice squad- imo. Too much "Dances with the Stars" for Cartwright.

Chris Horton and Rob Jackson, definitely. Unless Kareem Moore can return fast, and impress, it seems like our safeties will be set with Landry, Doughty, Schweigert, and Horton.

On d-line, not sure how that will work. Carter, Taylor, Evans, and if we keep James, then Rob Jackson is the odd man out.

I also did think Marcus Mason looked VERY good.

Chris Horton and Rob Jackson, definitely. Unless Kareem Moore can return fast, and impress, it seems like our safeties will be set with Landry, Doughty, Schweigert, and Horton.

On d-line, not sure how that will work. Carter, Taylor, Evans, and if we keep James, then Rob Jackson is the odd man out.

I also did think Marcus Mason looked VERY good.

Schweigert looked like crap. Doughty did not have a good day. Horton was alright. Two sacks...ok good. But lets be serious. They were disguised sacks. Its not like Horton is a safety with his hand down as a linemen. Then yes, impressive. He was an untouched disguised DB. Oh yeah...Tryon will play BEHIND Westbrook if he makes the squad. Can't return balls either.

I was impressed by the whole team actually. For the first time in a long time, they did not look unprepared. Overall, as a team they made no glaring mistakes, penalties, etc.

But, if I had to single out 2, it would definitely be Brennan and Horton.

Chris Horton was a 7th round pick? I dont get it. He was 1st team all Pac-10 right?

That conference is no slouch by any means....how did he fall to the very last round of the draft????

The guy looked like a solid player last night from what i saw.

Yeah Horton, if he continues what we saw last night, might be the steal of the draft. :cheers:

Archived