Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Sporting Moment you've ever witnessed.

Siven

Beating the Cowboys at the end of last year.

It's significant to me because I was there. The atmosphere was great. We set an all-time attendance record.

There was just something about that win, and getting into the playoffs, that will stick with me forever.

Beating the Cowboys at the end of last year.

It's significant to me because I was there. The atmosphere was great. We set an all-time attendance record.

There was just something about that win, and getting into the playoffs, that will stick with me forever.

I was at that game, that was sick :applause:

I think the best sporting moment I've ever witnessed was our 2006 home game against the Cowboys, mainly because I was at FedEx to see it. Right before the field goal at the end of the game, a Cowboy fan said to everyone, "I'm not going to even watch the kick. I'm going to watch your faces as you LOSE!"

Seeing Troy Vincent block that kick, and watching Sean Taylor pick up the ball and dash down the field to set up our victory was simply incredible. I will never forget it.

I think the best sporting moment I've ever witnessed was our 2006 home game against the Cowboys, mainly because I was at FedEx to see it. Right before the field goal at the end of the game, a Cowboy fan said to everyone, "I'm not going to even watch the kick. I'm going to watch your faces as you LOSE!"

Seeing Troy Vincent block that kick, and watching Sean Taylor pick up the ball and dash down the field to set up our victory was simply incredible. I will never forget it.

****ing OWNED! :applause: :laugh:

1. Don Mattingly getting a game winning hit against the Red Sox after a 9th inning rally - the game was extended when Mike Stanley popped up to end the game, but time had been called right before due to a fan on the field.

2. Flyers vs. Capitals - game 1 this past post season. OV scores the game winner with 4:50 left and SHF goes nuts. :laugh:

3. The Skins beating the Dolphins opening day this past year - not a great moment per say, but it was the first time I ever saw them win after 7 loses and it was with my best friend who is a Dolphins fan. :D

4. Last years baseball All-Star game and Home Run Derby.

Unfortunately, I haven't been alive to see any DC teams win a championship(that I rememberer), but my first Redskins game(I didnt live in the area) when we blocked the Dallas field goal was just incredible.Being in the first row and walking up the stairs as he was kicking, and then sprinting back to our seats, I think my heart jumped a little. I walked back to the parking lot with the biggest smile on my face.

The Dallas game last year was awesome as well.

Another one was Arkansas beating LSU (who was ranked #1 at the time) last year in triple overtime, it was so AWESOME (unfortunately I wasn't at the game).

I went to the Buffalo game last year, and it was so different than the experiences above, but I will never forget it. I mean, just imagine what it must've been like for the players. The tribute (I cried), the towels, the 10 man formation, the signs and t-shirts. I don't even care about the play-calling at the end or the loss. It was so weird and surreal. It was like a dream.

Watching the 35-7 whooping of Dallas

Watching the 14-13 miracle

Being at the Bills game

Arenas' 35 foot three to tie put the game into OT vs. Cleveland three years ago and his game winner vs. Chicago in the playoffs four years ago

Seeing THIS Live might just be the best though; I've never heard the Verizon Center get so loud!

MVP MVP!

There's so many. George Mason beating UConn; Chalmers three to put it into OT this past March Madness...

I assume you mean in person?

1991 NFC Championship game - 1st play from scrimmage - Charles mann sack, fumble. Everyone new it was over right there.

Fathers Day 2006 - RFK stadium. 105 degrees. Sold out, half Yankees fans. Yankees winning all game, they are talking it up like no tomorrow, their arrogance is off the charts. 2 outs in the 9th, nats down 2 to 1, man on first, Zimmerman has a 1-0 count, Zimmerman jacks one over left field. Loudest I have ever heard it for a baseball game and Yankee fans were STUNNED!

And the last one (No one said it had to be professional sports, right?)

3 months ago. Sons little league team. After half a season coach finally allowed my son to Pitch in a game. He didn't want to for awhile because he was 1 year younger then everyone else (He moved up a league during the first practice), and he was so small coach was worried he couldn't get it over the plate. After watching another kid throw nothing but balls, and a 2nd kid get rocked, coach told my son he would pitch the 6th inning.

Son went there very nervous (I was more nervous). He threw 12 pitches total and struck out the side! 3 up, 3 down. His teammates jumped on him when he walked to the dug out and mobbed him. Coach looked at me and said "Ok - guess I was wrong".

The blocked kick that ST returned to field goal range to beat Dallas. I had 4th row seats and it happened right in front of me.

Also, Alexander Ovechkins first game ever. I caught a puck in that one.

This run by Pat White also happened right in front of me to take the lead for good with less than 2 minutes to play.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DH5JsHa5Ypo

I saw Jordan drop 30 on the Knicks in person.

Not many people have seen something like this happen.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Hbyq_1Ee30&feature=related

Archived