Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Best Sporting Moment you've ever witnessed.

Siven

Oh man. Tough one.

When I was a kid meeting Pete Rose at spring training is up there. It was really cool cause they let me be a ball boy for the day and take some batting practice.

And Cal Ripken surpassing Gherig's streak was pretty awesome. ( although my seats were nosebleed i was there at least)

But I think the best sporting moment I have ever witnessed would have to be watching my nephew play little league baseball and getting his first hit.

He was 8 years old and we were living in Alexandria. I won't go into details as to why he was in our care, but suffice it to say he was in a better place then what his mother could provide at the time.

He was smallish for his size and kind of scared of the ball. But he overcame that fear, kept his eye on the ball and swung. I heard a crack and the ball sailed over the second baseman's head dropping into short right center field.

As this was happening, I jumped to my feet and out of the stands, running towards the field yelling my encouragement. It was a single, but to see the smile of pride on his face still warms my heart to this day.

I remember Cal breaking that one. Before that though, Hank Aaron's breaking of the Babe's record, Michael Jordan sinking that clutch shot against Georgetown,( :mad: ), Mark Spitz winning all those medals, and I'm sure there are more.

I would have to say my best sports moment would have to be Oct. 13, 1997. The first MNF game at JKC Stadium, it was also my 1st Skins game ever. Section 104, row 1. Nothing in particular special happened in the grand scheme that game but I had a shining moment as a Skins fan....

Emmitt Smith was run out of bounds for no gain, stopped right in front of me, I had imbided a few alcoholic beverages and couldnt help myself... I flew in to Emmitt Smith like I was a madman, I said things to him that would make me blush in normal circumstances, the best part..... he looked right at me, rolled his eyes and ran back out on the field..... the guys around me bought me several more aloholic beverages after that.

That will be surpassed this years Dallass game, again for personal sentiment more than anything. It's my 1st season and I have the privelege of taking the 2 people that are responsible for me being a Skins fan, my Mom and Dad, to their 1st ever Skins game! win or lose that is going to be very special for me.

I would also have to say seeing the Bulls with Jordan, Pippen, the white guy and all the rest in a playoff game vs. the Bullets (last game before the Wizards) was pretty cool.

The Dallas field goal block and ST return was pretty amazing. I had a few pukes fans around me at Fedex.

My favorite college sports moment was December 2, 2006 UCLA beating USC 13-9 at the Rose Bowl preventing the condoms a chance to win/pay their way to a 3rd national title in a row.

Archived