Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Metallica: "Death Magnetic" Holy ****!! The Kings have returned!

Commander PK

Heresy. But then again some of the things i've read that you listen to have made me scratch my head too. :laugh:

you ****!!

i have the BEST taste in music and you will BOW before me!!

i was a General of the slaytanic wehrmacht and COMMAND respect!!

I'm really looking forward to this. I mean nothing can top the letdown of St. Anger...that was monumental. Can only go up from here. And I don't think they even took St. Anger seriously, it was a by-product of filming.

Besides, the track names do look promising. Here's hoping.

Yeah they were unhappy with the songs and production quality, though most of them have said how the process of making St. Anger is what makes Death Magnetic possible, so who knows.

I think their firing of Bob Rock (not soon enough in my opinion) was a direct response to their feelings about St. Anger after it was released. I think that move spoke volumes.

I think their firing of Bob Rock (not soon enough in my opinion) was a direct response to their feelings about St. Anger after it was released. I think that move spoke volumes.

when he said he didnt think jason was ever a member turned my stomach.

Of course I'll probably whore myself out and get the deluxe package with the demo disc, dvd, tshirt, flag and other crap that I don't need, too.

ditto. I will buy the Coffin Box no doubt. :laugh: A new release by one of my favorite bands always makes me feel like a 15 year old again. :)

Pretty cool video of them rehearsing Creeping Death in the studio back in May. Just some backing vocals. Rob Trujillo is a monster bass player.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zy3CncP80Pc&feature=related

It's amazing to me that these guys feel the need to rehearse that song. They must have played it thousands of times. Still sounds good to me.

They can still shred on their old favorites in concert.

when he said he didnt think jason was ever a member turned my stomach.

Agreed, it's too bad they couldn't work out their differences. I really think as a player Rob has him beat, but Jason's backing vocals as well as his playing were an integral part of Metallica's live sound. I remember he sang lead on some of the old school stuff when I saw the band on the Load tour. I think it was the "Ride the Lightning" medley they were playing at the time. Did a great job.

In truth, while Rob has brought a beefier sound with his playing, the backing vocals have noticeably lacked a bit on the live recordings I've heard.

The best part of Death Magnetic for me, will be hearing Kirk Hammett Guitar Solo's again.

Note to all.

It's going to suck.

How do I know?

Because they havent made a decent album in TWO ****ING DECADES!!!

If I could figure out a way to download it it a billion times without getting caught, I'd do it just to piss them off.

It's over. Go away.

A glimpse into Sept 17, 2008:

People who like them will say its great, pretty much no matter what.

People who hate them will say it sucks, pretty much no matter what.

Some waste of human life will say something like, "James should start drinking again."

Personally, I have high hopes with Rick Rubin on board.

I agree with Kilmer.

Metallica is no longer a band, they are a corporation. When they were awesome, they were a band.

That's why bands end up sucking. They become corporations and try to make money rather than trying to make music.

My opinion of course.

Note to all.

It's going to suck.

How do I know?

Because they havent made a decent album in TWO ****ING DECADES!!!

If I could figure out a way to download it it a billion times without getting caught, I'd do it just to piss them off.

It's over. Go away.

Good grief man, did one of them bang your girl the last time they played your town. :laugh:

A glimpse into Sept 17, 2008:

People who like them will say its great, pretty much no matter what.

People who hate them will say it sucks, pretty much no matter what.

Some waste of human life will say something like, "James should start drinking again."

Personally, I have high hopes with Rick Rubin on board.

Correct on all counts.

There are also some, I hope I'm one of them...that can give an honest assessment of the album.

I hope that at best it will be an album that will be at the very least, worthy of being spoken in the same breath as their classics.

Will it surpass the the classics. Very unlikely. I know and accept this, but that doesn't mean it can't be a good album, right here, right now in 2008.

People need to give this album a chance. The clips that I've heard on the internet don't sound bad at all.

Bands have gone through periods of releasing more than one bad album and then redeeming themselves. People still love the Rolling Stones and they haven't written anything remarkable in almost 30 years.

There's never been any doubt that they remain one of the best live bands of all time. It's just the fact that they still play off of 5 and a half albums live. 2 and a half are unplayable.

But those 5 1/2 albums (got to count fuel, hero of the day, etc..) are kick ass live. Always have been.

Okay, I have to admit Justice is a good album. I did forget about it in my unrelenting hatred of load and reload. The point I was trying to make was that Burton was the backbone of the group. When he was gone Metallica lost its way, in my opinion. Now I think they are just playing the part but I find them to be tarnishing the legacy of a band I loved. The Black album was just o.k. everything after that I hate.

"When a man lies he murders some part of the world. These are the pale deaths which men miscall their lives. All this i cannot bear to witness any longer. Cannot the kingdom of salvation take me home."

--- Cliff Burton: "To Live Is To Die" ---

I have heard some clips off of this album and they aren't bad. I will say that a few of the riffs I heard did remind me of Justice. I've been really harsh on Metallica for the past decade, however, I am looking forward to this one. Well except for Unforgiven III.

I don't think Rick Rubin will allow them to make a poor record. He said that they wrote twenty some songs at first and he made them throw those songs out and start over with a Puppets mentality. They also said Robert wrote a lot on this album.

I'm on the fence about this one but i'll still buy it and give it a chance. Whoever it was here who said they haven't been the same since they cut there hair was just about on the money. I know everybody changes with time, I loved going to shows to see the rock god james jamesold.jpg

Now we have someone who looks like he could teach me trigonometry

james1.jpg

I'll buy it, if Motley can make a good album i'm sure Metallica will also.

I must say I don't understand Unforgiven III

The original was good, not my favorite on the album by far but it was good. Unforgiven II wasn't good, and sequel songs seem so out of character for a band like metallica...Unforgiven III? Uhh...alright then...

Whatever, it's just a name.

Archived