NCAA Football 2009

Projected winners of bcs conferences should be at least a 90 in my opinion:

clemson 90

wvu 92

osu 96

uf 95

usc 95

ou 94

I think the 99s should be saved for the all time great undefeated national champion teams....like the tommy fraiser cornhuskers or the reggie bush trojans!

Or the '01 Canes :)

Ken Dorsey

Najeh Davenport

Clinton Portis

Jeremy Shockey

Andre Johnson

Bryant McKinnie

Brett Romberg

Jerome McDougal

William Joseph

DJ Williams

Jonathan Vilma

Mike Rumph

Ed Reed

Phillip Buchanon

Reserves:

Frank Gore

Willis McGahee

Antrel Rolle

Sean Taylor

Leon Williams

Rocky McIntosh

Vernon Carey

Vince Wilfork

Kellen Winslow Jr

Roscoe Parrish

Kevin Everett

Orien Harris

Or the '01 Canes :)

Ken Dorsey

Najeh Davenport

Clinton Portis

Jeremy Shockey

Andre Johnson

Bryant McKinnie

Brett Romberg

Jerome McDougal

William Joseph

DJ Williams

Jonathan Vilma

Mike Rumph

Ed Reed

Phillip Buchanon

Reserves:

Frank Gore

Willis McGahee

Antrel Rolle

Sean Taylor

Leon Williams

Rocky McIntosh

Vernon Carey

Vince Wilfork

Kellen Winslow Jr

Roscoe Parrish

Kevin Everett

Orien Harris

thats just scary

This game is amazing for PS3. I found all the rosters online so now all my players have their actual names. You can even upload your own music to play during parts of the game (kickoffs, touchdowns, sacks,etc.) Go buy this game!

I hated last years version on PS3. The drastic change to the controls made this game completely no fun compared to the NCAA football games me and my friends had loved so much in the past. I always liked NCAA more than madden. I hated the running game b/c in order to juke you had to use the right analog and in order to spin, hurdle, stiff arm you had to press circle, triangle, r1 respectively. This layout would be perfect if I had 2 right thumbs. The lack of an option to revert to a more classic control layout was irritating.

Having said that in 2009 is there a preset for the more classic controller layout of 07 and before where the r1,r2,L1,L2 controlled jukes, stiff arms and pitches?

I still don't like the lack of QB pressure and the overall difficulty of defending against the pass.

I'm usually pretty good on defense in past years ,so unless I'm just horrible at this years version I think this is something that needs to be addressed in the patch. It's absurd to watch some nobody QB complete 75% of his passes against your supposedly highly ranked defense.

I still don't like the lack of QB pressure and the overall difficulty of defending against the pass.

I'm usually pretty good on defense in past years ,so unless I'm just horrible at this years version I think this is something that needs to be addressed in the patch. It's absurd to watch some nobody QB complete 75% of his passes against your supposedly highly ranked defense.

Yeah it is really hard to get to the QB. And when you get close the CPU has an uncanny ability to get some crazy throw on target of his back foot. It's annoying. Unfortunately, as adept as the CPU is at passing, it seems equally retarded when it comes to running the ball. Then again, the good accuracy seems to be balanced out by the ridiculous number of interceptions in the game...

Taking a shot in the dark here, but does anyone happen to have the PS2 version??

Don't play enough to justify getting a PS3 and was just wondering how the PS2 version stacked up.

Thanks

Oh and btw

LeSean McCoy >>>>> Noel Devine

Taking a shot in the dark here, but does anyone happen to have the PS2 version??

Don't play enough to justify getting a PS3 and was just wondering how the PS2 version stacked up.

Thanks

Oh and btw

LeSean McCoy >>>>> Noel Devine

Don't buy it. The IGN review said it was EXACTLY like last year and 07.

It really isn't. The moves of players are different---->for example, if your player runs side to side with turbo, he'll cut and slow tremendously. Younger qbs forget the plays in loud stadiums, and you can slide protection on the oline. Those are just a few of the differences. I enjoy the game thoroughly, but I would recommend renting it to see if you'll like it.

I've had both and this is hands down better, with more big things but also some subtle changes. Besides the ease of the online downloading/playing, you get features like connecting to ESPN and watching up to the minute updates, which for me that's pretty cool. Gameplay in itself has a different feel from the past versions as well. Many little things make it cool too: the players warming up or jumping up and down prior to a play rather than just standing still, getting to walk up to the mascot and celebrate with him, more 'types' of tackles and hits, returnable FG's.

I liked 08 allot because of the detail of recruiting compared to 07. But this game has impressed me hands down... And I haven't even started my Dynasty mode yet (waiting for the rosters to be put up for the PS3).

To each his own, but rent it and play it before you knock it. I think you'll be impressed. The only thing that I don't like are the controls: you can customize MOST but some they have locked the buttons. IE: I like to use X as my sprint in defensive pursuit, but unfortunately that button can only be to strip the ball, so I settled using R2

I've had both and this is hands down better, with more big things but also some subtle changes. Besides the ease of the online downloading/playing, you get features like connecting to ESPN and watching up to the minute updates, which for me that's pretty cool. Gameplay in itself has a different feel from the past versions as well. Many little things make it cool too: the players warming up or jumping up and down prior to a play rather than just standing still, getting to walk up to the mascot and celebrate with him, more 'types' of tackles and hits, returnable FG's.

I liked 08 allot because of the detail of recruiting compared to 07. But this game has impressed me hands down... And I haven't even started my Dynasty mode yet (waiting for the rosters to be put up for the PS3).

To each his own, but rent it and play it before you knock it. I think you'll be impressed. The only thing that I don't like are the controls: you can customize MOST but some they have locked the buttons. IE: I like to use X as my sprint in defensive pursuit, but unfortunately that button can only be to strip the ball, so I settled using R2

I think he is referring to only the PS2 version which may or may not actually have all those improvements.

Psssst.

PSSSST!

Rosters are out for PS3.

in a ps2 >>>> than xbox360 or ps3 kind of way.

No, in a future 1st round pick >>>>>>>> won't sniff the NFL kind of way. ;)

Thanks to those that responded....

I haven't bought one since the '05 version, so even if it's like last years it will still be new to me! :laugh:

No, in a future 1st round pick >>>>>>>> won't sniff the NFL kind of way. ;)

Thanks to those that responded....

I haven't bought one since the '05 version, so even if it's like last years it will still be new to me! :laugh:

we could make this a poll if you'd like. ;)

i don't hate on mccoy. he's damn good.

we could make this a poll if you'd like. ;)

i don't hate on mccoy. he's damn good.

Thats ok.... i think we've hi-jacked this thread enough. :laugh:

Plus there are about 50,000 WVU fans that post here compared to about 2 Pitt fans, so I don't think the poll would be very helpful.

Thats ok.... i think we've hi-jacked this thread enough. :laugh:

Plus there are about 50,000 WVU fans that post here compared to about 2 Pitt fans, so I don't think the poll would be very helpful.

we could do an "outsider" poll. who would you rather have? lashawn mccoy or noel devine?

i'd be 70% would say devine. the other 30% would say "who's lashawn mccoy." :laugh:

like i said, mccoy's got a lot of talent, and from what i've seen (which is very limited) , pro potential.

Just got the game (and the PS3). :)

First game i played, of course, was WVU vs. Pitt. Devine had over 700 yards of production. :D

That's as realistic as Marshall's HH getting nearly 3000 combined yards and winning the Heisman......as a freshman.

:point2sky

Archived