Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

NCAA Football 2009

Is it even worth it to preorder this game, or any other game for that matter? I hear about all these people preordering a game, but it seems to me that pretty much anywhere I can walk into any store and pick up a highly anticipated game the day it comes out. I picked up GTA4 the day it came out without preordering and that was a much more highly anticipated game than NCAA 09.

So why do people preorder games?

Is it even worth it to preorder this game, or any other game for that matter? I hear about all these people preordering a game, but it seems to me that pretty much anywhere I can walk into any store and pick up a highly anticipated game the day it comes out. I picked up GTA4 the day it came out without preordering and that was a much more highly anticipated game than NCAA 09.

So why do people preorder games?

games being hard to get is pretty rare. mario kart would be an exception. i pre-order games because gamestop usually offers extra incentives when you trade in games toward the big releases.

Got it. Loving it. They were finally able to get all of the options and features from the PS2/Xbox era games.

So this is the kind of post that is supposed to conclude with where the hell you purchased it. The only place I know of that normally sells early in the area is that one place in College Park.

I've never played the NCAA games before but I'm jonesing for some football and was thinking of picking it up. I read somewhere that they are going to have online leagues is anyone here planning on starting one?

Also is it even worth it to play a bad school, I went to Buffalo and see they are in the game but are rated like a 67, would I ever win a game?

I've never played the NCAA games before but I'm jonesing for some football and was thinking of picking it up. I read somewhere that they are going to have online leagues is anyone here planning on starting one?

Also is it even worth it to play a bad school, I went to Buffalo and see they are in the game but are rated like a 67, would I ever win a game?

Apparently a lot of people use smaller schools in their dynasties as a challenge, I assume if you're any good at this game that you can build up any team.

So this is the kind of post that is supposed to conclude with where the hell you purchased it. The only place I know of that normally sells early in the area is that one place in College Park.

THAT place exactly. I believe that Game Crazy broke the street date as well at a few stores.

Online dynasty mode?

I think my liver just got a cold chill.

My friend and I are hard-core dynasty fiends for NCAA Football, but we live like 3 hours apart, so we only do the dynasty mode when visiting.

This option could very well end my marriage. lol

Haha thats funny! i LOL'd for real when reading that. I think its going to be the same with Madden in our house (ive never played the ncaa fb games) because we just got a 360 last month, ive been playin madden on my PC for 8 years, but since its no longer available on the PC, i am going to be hogging the xbox alot to the dismay of my wife for sure , she is addicted to Hexic :laugh:

if we can garner enough interest, i will set up a tournament here. This is how it will go. The game comes out on Tuesday. Each person will get a week-10 days to get used to playing. Then anyone can join the tournament. You will need to play against 3 people to qualify for the tournament. Then you are seeded by PF and PA and your W-L record.

If you guys like this idea, please speak up and i will start a thread. I think this is a fun way to spend preseason month and waiting for madden

if we can garner enough interest, i will set up a tournament here. This is how it will go. The game comes out on Tuesday. Each person will get a week-10 days to get used to playing. Then anyone can join the tournament. You will need to play against 3 people to qualify for the tournament. Then you are seeded by PF and PA and your W-L record.

If you guys like this idea, please speak up and i will start a thread. I think this is a fun way to spend preseason month and waiting for madden

I'd be in.

games being hard to get is pretty rare. mario kart would be an exception. i pre-order games because gamestop usually offers extra incentives when you trade in games toward the big releases.

Gamestop has two different great pre-order benefits for NCAA this year.

First, if you reserve the game, they'll give you a 15 dollar trade-in coupon good with any game, whereby they'll give you an extra 15 dollars credit on top of whatever your trade-in was already worth.

Then, they have another special (and you can take advantage of both, I asked), where they'll give you an extra 20% on your trade-ins towards the purchase of NCAA.

So if you've got GTA4 and it has a $30 trade-in value, you'll get 36 bucks for your trade-in, then an extra 15 dollar credit for a total of 51 bucks.

Not a bad incentive for reserving a game if you ask me.

Looks like there are some glitches with the game this year. One problem I heard is if you download free rosters, then try to further edit your rosters yourself, the game will freeze, also some teams seem to have disappeared all together from the game due to the roster glitch.

This is in addition to some gameplay problems like not getting enough pressure on QBs,(despite superior players or blitzing) QBs, even bad ones being too accurate, bad CPU clock management, and subpar kick/punt return game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/

Seems like you've done another bang up job EA :thumbsup:

Sad thing is I'll still end up dropping the 60 bucks on this game.

Looks like there are some glitches with the game this year. One problem I heard is if you download free rosters, then try to further edit your rosters yourself, the game will freeze, also some teams seem to have disappeared all together from the game due to the roster glitch.

This is in addition to some gameplay problems like not getting enough pressure on QBs,(despite superior players or blitzing) QBs, even bad ones being too accurate, bad CPU clock management, and subpar kick/punt return game.

http://www.operationsports.com/forums/ncaa-football/

Seems like you've done another bang up job EA :thumbsup:

Sad thing is I'll still end up dropping the 60 bucks on this game.

Reading that site makes it sound pretty f'd up, I'm thinking twice about buying it now.

Archived