Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

it's 4th & 1 and you're Jim Zorn???

Gart Monk

1st down: Portis runs right 9yds...

I'd probably still be too amazed at a good run to the right side to think about what happens next.

Seriously though, either a draw play to Betts (which worked well for us last year, but probably not so much on a 4th and 1), or a PA - defense will be looking at Coooooley when suddenly Davis rolls out of a block, catches the ball 5 yards past scrimmage and takes it all the way down for the TD. :cheers:

I would go to the double TE with a T Formation in the backfield. This is a formation that Seattle used quite a bit. I wouold then have JC audible to whatever side has more room. So, either Betts or Portis depending on the direction. This will give us that split second to get a quick yard. Symmetry keeps the defense guessing.

I'm going to break the mold and say punt, but let me explain my reason.

I don't want to risk giving the Giants the ball on the 36 yard line. All they have to do is get about 5 yards and they are in good FG position and I don't want to give them the chance to strike first.

Plus, they are the defending champs and playing at home so they have plenty of motivation so I don't want to give them any more momentum.

Now, if we were about 15 yards further up field I would most likely go for it.

You don't need to explain. It's the right decision.

Its either going to be a Portis run right up the middle, or a QB sneak.

Bingo...that is why you should sneak on 3rd and 1 if you are planning on going for it on 4th. We'd either pick up the yard, or at least half of it on a sneak on 3rd down. I get mad when someone passes on 3rd and 1, and then goes for it on 4th down.

Thursday Night 09/04/08

NFL Opener at New York Giants

Redskins win toss(Rock returns it to the NYG 45):silly:

1st down: Portis runs right 9yds

2nd down: Imcomplete pass 0yds

3rd down: Imcomplete pass 0yds

it's 4th & 1 on NYG 36 on primetime opening drive

What play do you call?

If that is true and Jim call two pass play back to back and we only need one yard. I call for new play calling

Archived