Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

it's 4th & 1 and you're Jim Zorn???

Gart Monk

First of all, why did we pass on 2nd and 1.........or even 3rd and 1?

Didn't a similar scenario happen in Dallas last season (not at the beginning of the game, but relatively early), and we missed a long FG attempt?

Yeah, if it's good enough to gain 9 yards on 1st down, then let's just pound it up the gut again. If it ain't broke, then don't fix it.

Thursday Night 09/04/08

NFL Opener at New York Giants

Redskins win toss(Rock returns it to the NYG 45):silly:

1st down: Portis runs right 9yds

2nd down: Incomplete pass 0yds

3rd down: Incomplete pass 0yds

it's 4th & 1 on NYG 36 on primetime opening drive

What play do you call?

Well, thats just it. Zorn is in town now, and 1st down will be passing downs.

Come out with the 2 WR 2TE 1 RB set, then motion either Cooley or Yoder to the side away from ARE. Then, hit them with the quick slant to ARE for six! Go for two and get it just to let them know we're here. Set a tone for the rest of the game and season.

...this is why I'm not a coach.

Come out with the 2 WR 2TE 1 RB set, then motion either Cooley or Yoder to the side away from ARE. Then, hit them with the quick slant to ARE for six! Go for two and get it just to let them know we're here. Set a tone for the rest of the game and season.

...this is why I'm not a coach.

lol, well it didnt sound half bad.

Two plays.....

1. Flood the right side with Moss, with "Hi There" & Fred Davis in the slot close to the tackle. For fun put Portis out to the left and put Sellers in to block. Fake the handoff to Sellers while Portis runs toward line catches pass and gets a first down.

OR

2. PucilloMike2.jpg

Tackle eligible. Up and Out to Mike Pucillo.

I guess I'm in the small minority that would Punt the ball.

You would punt the ball from the GIANTS' 36? And surrender momemtum to a 3-and-out, after a crowd rousing kick-off return? On the opening drive - not only of the season but of your career as a head coach? With only 1 yard to go for a 1st down?

A punt that close in is tough to pooch kick. Chances are you're only going to gain 16 yards of field position anyway. I'm going for it.

What a sweet play. Maybe thats why we got Zorn in the first place... I can see it now Campbell at the snap "Coach wrong Ball" .. wlaks to sideline with ball in hand turns upfield right at the sideline and "woopsie" TouchDown. Hey it maybe good for 1 play and 1 play only.

Archived