Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason LaCanfora Approval Rating Poll

elkabong82

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

This idea was presented in another thread, and I am interested to see the results.

Any time one of La Canfora's blogs is posted on ES, it seems the approval/disapproval is about split in half.

JLC has provided some very good inside info, and good articles as well. However, he has also provided a fair share of articles and blogs which came off as biased, and he does give off a persona of someone with an axe to grind at times, which ideally you shouldn't find in a journalist. It got so bad at one point, the Post even put a retraction in one of JLC's blogs. I guess he should have been focusing on the upcoming NFL draft, rather than harping on the past over an issue many have debated ad nauseum.

Anyways, vote how you want, and feel free to post comments and/or justifications in here.

I don't think he is relevent anymore. Maybe he got good info once, but from what I read, he has been wrong mre often the right, and he is actually second or third to report some things. I think he has burned his bridge with the team and doesn't have the inside info anymore. Maybe he gets a bone thrown to him occasionally now...but thats it.

im kinda split on this, mixed feelings. on one hand, he has the one of the best redskins blogs to get info from on the net, unlike most bloggers JLC actually reports stuff instead of just recapping what others reported. on the other hand is his propensity to focus primarily on the negative things and not many of the positives going on. a balanced mix of both would be nice. personally i think the guy has really had a rough year with family things and such as he has taken a lot of time off. but then again i think he has taken too much time off as he has stated he is gonna use up all his vacation and comp time hours that he can during the next few weeks before training camp. i think he will get it together soon and settle back down. i would put family first over work too, but does it really take 3-4 months to move? regardless of his spin, i think he does a good job overall and i agree that some people take the smallest things he says and blows them out of proportion...

Also, I can't beleive he attended 2 weeks of OTAs and all he could tell us was who's sitting out. Not one peice of info on any play that was ran in 2 weeks. Everyday i'm seeing news on other treams about certain players doing well and all i got from him was "same people sitting out, Springs isn't here"

i like la canfora. some of you get way too worked up when he makes little comments about the team. theyre never as bad as some of you make it out to be.

That says it all right there. Some people have some really thin skin around here to let anything a beat reporter says bother them. I'm a fan, I cheer for the team on the field. I could care less about the drama.

That says it all right there. Some people have some really thin skin around here to let anything a beat reporter says bother them. I'm a fan, I cheer for the team on the field. I could care less about the drama.

thin skin would be us discussing a beat reporter and BLC and yourself jumping out to defend him :rotflmao:

He can be biased all he wants, it's his blog, it's his articles. I prefer Jason Reid's writing, but overall, I do enjoy reading his blog for better or worse. The bias is obvious though, even sometimes annoying.

I like Reid's writing too. His videos are a different story, though. I can't sit through them.

Plus I think his writing sucks, and I'd rather have a homer than a hater...but thats just me.

I'd rather have neither. Objective would be nice. He should sit down with Tarik El Bashir for a week or so and learn a thing or two. Personally I think he needs to move on to another beat. His disdain for the Skins and Snyder are way too transparent and it leaks into everything he talks about. Let him cover the United for a while.

Honestly though, you could put up any beat writer the Redskins have had in the past 20 years and he would get disapproved. Im guessing the only fans that would approve of their beat writers are the ones of teams who consistantly have a good record.

Honestly though, you could put up any beat writer the Redskins have had in the past 20 years and he would get disapproved. Im guessing the only fans that would approve of their beat writers are the ones of teams who consistantly have a good record.

Mark Maske. :)

I'd rather have neither. Objective would be nice. He should sit down with Tarik El Bashir for a week or so and learn a thing or two. Personally I think he needs to move on to another beat. His disdain for the Skins and Snyder are way too transparent and it leaks into everything he talks about. Let him cover the United for a while.

Well obviously an objective sports writer would be the best, but those are hard to find.

Wilbon, being a Chicago fan, seems to do a decent job of writing un-biased columns (though I'll never forgive him for the ST comments he never apologized for).

Archived