Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason LaCanfora Approval Rating Poll

elkabong82

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Ima say this. There are known knowns and known unknowns, but there are also unknown unknowns. See, the absence of evidence is not the evidence of absence.

The truth is that as annoying as JLC can be, I know what to expect from him, so I put him into similar regard as Czaban. I know he's going to find reasons to complain (and say they came from an unspecified source). The thing about his comments are that many times - with or without a source - they're things we kinda suspect are true. I'll be the first to admit that I prefer Woody much more as a reporter, but I find JLC's work kinda funny and something to hold me over until the Regular season starts.

]']Not at all. He brings very little to the table. Occasionally' date=' I'll read something from him that didn't feel like a waste of time, but considering his resources, I'm very very disappointed by his work.[/quote']

I'll agree with you, and say that i find his more recent reportings kind of lazy. He's just reporting stuff that can be learned by watching the NFL ticker or reading the transactions column in the post. Not enough DETAIL (at least recently)

Also, I find the reports that he makes are minimal as far a football insight. I certainly don't know how tough it is to be an NFL beat journalist, but I know he needs to at least add some Xs and Os talk.

Here's my prime example: All of his OTA reports are so brief, and he usually just talks about WHO ISN'T PRACTICING. He needs to address the PERFORMANCE of the players who are ON THE FIELD. Tell us what WE AS FANS are yearning for.

:2cents:

im sure if he wrote more like larry michael talks, youd be in the approval group.

your ignorance continues

I dislike larry michael's blind homerism as much as I despise JLC's lack of objectivity in his negative writing about the skins

it's littered in my post history why don't you look it up.

I just want him to have 1 named source and 1 spell checker. Honestly, I find myself visiting the blog at least daily to check for updates but often am left wanting something either less biased or with more meat.

I'm loving the Cooley blog though :).

im disappointed in you elkabong. you definitely understand why snyders approval ranking is that high, the dudes poll is specifically "do you approve of snyder over the last 90 days". i mean give me a break.

I was actually referencing the new poll that brought attention to that old poll. The old poll only covers the past couple months, the new one (which is in Art's thread on the 1st page and came from Dan Steinberg in the Post blog, not ES) has Snyder at 40-something %.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/06/dc_approval_ratings_daniel_sny.html

I'm dissappointed in you for believeing I could be that bad with stats. You should know better by now.

JLC writes exactly like he looks....like a guy who never played football and has no idea what the game's about and always tried to kiss the arses of the people who did. that's how i feel about the little oompa loompa

I like to think, for a fan at least, I'm generally objective. Therefore, I really tire of his negative nancy routine, digging and picking always to find something to ***** and moan about. It's gets really old and his sources are obviously people who have axes to grind, as does he. People here and elsewhere who know know I'm far from a homer and have had plenty of gripes with the organization, it's just so tiresome watching him try to create drama out of thin air.

Just to add, I dislike Larry Michael probably ten times more, just to give a comparison from the opposite side of the spectrum.

your ignorance continues

I dislike larry michael's blind homerism as much as I despise JLC's lack of objectivity in his negative writing about the skins

it's littered in my post history why don't you look it up.

dont care enough to look it up. guess i figured wrong. you hate larry michaels homerism, you hate JLCs lack of objectivity. exactly who do you like reading/listening to?

I think JLC is fine for his getting the news to us on his blog. You can disagree with his opinions or who his "sources" are, but it's not like the stuff he tells us isn't true (97% of the time haha).

If you don't like him/his blog/whatever, don't read it. After all, it's his blog.

I was actually referencing the new poll that brought attention to that old poll. The old poll only covers the past couple months, the new one (which is in Art's thread on the 1st page and came from Dan Steinberg in the Post blog, not ES) has Snyder at 40-something %.

http://blog.washingtonpost.com/dcsportsbog/2008/06/dc_approval_ratings_daniel_sny.html

I'm dissappointed in you for believeing I could be that bad with stats. You should know better by now.

well i was indeed wrong. just confused because theres two polls going on right now. kinda dumb theres two polls so similar, but oh well.

Archived