Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Jason LaCanfora Approval Rating Poll

elkabong82

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Jason's blog can be informative but he is just way to biased. As a fan of the team I actually want to hear both sides of the story but when you read Jason's blog it generally seems to have a negative tone.

However, as others mentioned its his blog so he can do what he like. Its just not for me.

im sure if he wrote more like larry michael talks, youd be in the approval group.

Larry Michael is worse than JLC just in the opposite direction. I hate it when people think that the reason JLC is disliked by most is because he is negative about the Skins. The reason I don't like him is because he goes out of his way to be negative about the Skins. The Skins and Snyder have done plenty of things wrong in the last few years but every single thing they have done hasn't been bad. When they do something well report that they did something well without then adding that it doesn't matter because they made a stupid trade two years ago.

I think most of us would just like the facts reported. We can make up our own minds if we like or dislike whatever's happening. We don't need to be led. In either direction.

yep

if he could just do that, he would be well liked, or at least not be ridiculed

The Post's beat writer should be a homer or at the very least objective. Its in the job description. This guy goes out of his way to be overly critical as if he has an axe to grind and he probably does ... my gut tells me he is ostracized by the Skins organization and has no friends either on the coaching staff or in the lockerroom. He thus feels alienated and harbors deep anger and hatred ... which is quite often reflected in his often pretentious writing style. Other than that he is O.K.

i like la canfora. some of you get way too worked up when he makes little comments about the team. theyre never as bad as some of you make it out to be.

I agree 100%. I don't think JLC is that negative, though I haven't read all of his stuff. What I have read I thought was pretty good though.

I think most of us would just like the facts reported. We can make up our own minds if we like or dislike whatever's happening. We don't need to be led. In either direction.

Exactly why Maske was the best.

I disaprove of JLC. He doesn't do anything in my opinion. All he does is post second hand info we already know. He's no insider. In that case I'm the Redskins Insider. I prefer Jason Reid. But, it's ok. Hopefully I'll be the new Redskins Insider in the next 4 years.:D

This idea was presented in another thread, and I am interested to see the results.

Any time one of La Canfora's blogs is posted on ES, it seems the approval/disapproval is about split in half.

JLC has provided some very good inside info, and good articles as well. However, he has also provided a fair share of articles and blogs which came off as biased, and he does give off a persona of someone with an axe to grind at times, which ideally you shouldn't find in a journalist. It got so bad at one point, the Post even put a retraction in one of JLC's blogs. I guess he should have been focusing on the upcoming NFL draft, rather than harping on the past over an issue many have debated ad nauseum.

Anyways, vote how you want, and feel free to post comments and/or justifications in here.

I trust JLC for unbiased info about as much as I trust...errrrr....you!!!!

Larry Michael is worse than JLC just in the opposite direction. I hate it when people think that the reason JLC is disliked by most is because he is negative about the Skins. The reason I don't like him is because he goes out of his way to be negative about the Skins. The Skins and Snyder have done plenty of things wrong in the last few years but every single thing they have done hasn't been bad. When they do something well report that they did something well without then adding that it doesn't matter because they made a stupid trade two years ago.

That sums it up for me. Just because I want to hear both sides of the story, doesn't mean I'm a blind homer (you guys didn't know me during the Norv years :silly: ). You've got guys like Larry M at one side of the spectrum, which he doesn't bother as much as some you guys act - he's no different than Sonny a lot of the time. Then you have guys like JLC and Czaban at the other end. Mark Maske I thought was probably the best reporter recently.

Jason has some good stuff at times. I do read his blog everytime I go to Washington post .com. As of late I think it has been lame, with this video thing he's got know. But then again we are all blogging here and I think the press do not like bloggers. The internet is causeing problems for the beat writer. We use the search engine and get our information off line now and come at them with more stats and better reporting.

Has an occasional great article (such as the one on Morroco Brown, excellent work there) but too many pot shots, cheap shots, and crap that I don't care about (such as how many contracts have been re-structured and why that is DOOOM)

Stick to stories like you did on Mr. Brown, and you will be A O K

another thing regarding JLC. i personally just read his blog to get info on:

who we sign

who we let go/cut

who is "in the building"

how practice went

injury news of players

thats pretty much it. if he wants to take a few harmless jabs at the team in a joking way while still reporting all this info, so be it. i dont read his blog for his opinion on anything because i could care less.

Archived