Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Fast Food Orders

endzone_dave

I just got back from Wendy's, here's how my order went:

Lady behind the counter: "Is this for here or to go?

Me: "To go please."

Me: "I'd like a #5 with chili instead of fries."

Lady: "What would you like to drink?"

Me: "Diet coke please."

Lady: "Is this for here or to go?"

Me: "To go please"

So here's what I get:

- The correct chicken sandwich

- French Fries

- Regular Coke

How darn hard can it be? Maybe I'm just turning into a cranky old man but I swear fast food service is going down the crapper. Is it because the person behind the counter is dumb as dirt or just couldn't give a rat's ass?

Am I the only one who thinks fast food service is as bad as it's ever been?

It's been bad for years. That's why I'm a jerk and wait at the window until I check to see if all my stuff is there. I don't care if I'm ordering food for 10 people if their service was better I wouldn't have to.

It's been bad for years. That's why I'm a jerk and wait at the window until I check to see if all my stuff is there. I don't care if I'm ordering food for 10 people if their service was better I wouldn't have to.

You arent a jerk - just a smart person who wants exactly what he paid for. Good for you. I do the same thing because over the years I must've been screwed out of a few hundred dollars in food.

This is why it was so funny when those videos popped up on Youtube with the drive-by drink grenades.

It is never silly to expect good service when you dine out. It's people who set the bar too low by not expecting it that allow this problem to persist.

"All that is necessary for pathetic customer service to triumph is for good men to do nothing..."

Try and imagine what a mind-numbing job that is before you criticize too hard.

Expecting good service at a fast food place is silly - you aren't paying enough for it, and they aren't being paid enough to provide it.

I couldnt disagree more. How about just service?

Service, to me is getting what you paid for.

Good service would be actually getting napkins or ketchup w/o having to ask.

Great service would be to have a hot waitress take you in the back and... :)

Anyway, I worked at places like this when I was young and we were expected to do it right and for the most part, aside from a few mistakes, I did. The jobs were hard but no one forced me to take it. I consider it paying your dues.

This is why it was so funny when those videos popped up on Youtube with the drive-by drink grenades.

It is never silly to expect good service when you dine out. It's people who set the bar too low by not expecting it that allow this problem to persist.

"All that is necessary for pathetic customer service to triumph is for good men to do nothing..."

Dining out & going to Burger King are two totally different things.

I do expect good service when I'm at a restaurant with a waiter. I expect food fast when I'm at Wendy's.

Fast food service jobs used to be the first job High School kids had, and they pretty much tried to do it well, because it was their first job and they wanted to impress.

Now High school kids don't want fast food jobs anymore. It is beneath them. Now we have older people who through lack of education have to settle for these jobs, and their hearts just aren't in it.

Fast food service jobs used to be the first job High School kids had, and they pretty much tried to do it well, because it was their first job and they wanted to impress.

Now High school kids don't want fast food jobs anymore. It is beneath them. Now we have older people who through lack of education have to settle for these jobs, and their hearts just aren't in it.

Around here its immigrants, not old people.

Ladies and Gentlemen, WTF do you expect?!?!?! We're talking about the absolute BOTTOM of the employment barrel. Come on, there are people working in these fast food restaurants who can't get a job ANYWHERE else. This is the lowest common denominator of employment in the United States.

There is no point in these companies properly training their employees. In part because most of them aren't bright enough to understand, learn, and/or retain the training; but also because they turn their staff over so frequently that they'd be constantly training people rather than getting any of the small amount of work they can out of them.

Besides, in most of these places the managers and owners are rated on their PROFITS, not their customer satisfaction scores. The only way to actually hurt these places is to not go there, and they know that a large percentage of Americans aren't going to take the time to cook for themselves so it really doesn't matter how bad the service is, people will just keep strolling in through the doors.

Am I the only one who thinks fast food service is as bad as it's ever been?

That is how my order goes 80% of the time. Most of these people working at fast food establishments are sub-human, rude, and disgusting. Most of these people are bitter, angry, and should not be in direct contact with others.

I miss the days when a bright eyed friendly kid would fold the bag and tell you to have a nice day as a sparkle came from her smile.

Ladies and Gentlemen, WTF do you expect?!?!?! We're talking about the absolute BOTTOM of the employment barrel. Come on, there are people working in these fast food restaurants who can't get a job ANYWHERE else. This is the lowest common denominator of employment in the United States.

Didnt you work at one?

Anyway, I worked at places like this when I was young and we were expected to do it right and for the most part, aside from a few mistakes, I did. The jobs were hard but no one forced me to take it. I consider it paying your dues.

From your point of view, I bet that was how it felt.

From your customers' point of view, I bet they thought you were terrible.

It's human nature.

Archived