Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

xbox 360 used games

MissU28

Okay, so...my boyfriend just bought this xbox 360 off of his friend. I've never played xbox before- only playstation. I want to go to game stop and get some used games for this thing, because all my bf has is Madden and Tiger Woods. Once in a while I'll play Madden, but I suck at it and I use the same play every time and I'm just not into sports games.

I need some recommendations.

Yes, I know and love Guitar Hero. I'll get that at some point when I feel like paying for it. And yes, I know Rock Band is supposed to be better.

What can you steer me towards that would be found in the used section at game stop? Remember, I'm not into sports games. I don't want any shoot-em-up games or Grand Theft Auto stuff either. My favorite video games of all time are Final Fantasy II for Super Nintendo and this game called Laser Lords that was made for the Philips CDI console. I guess I like RPGs. I like mysteries... figuring out what I have to find to finish a level.

Thoughts?

Well I would suggest Obilivion, Final Fantasy XI, Fable: Lost chapters, Viva Pinata, Guitar Hero: Aerosmith, Marvel Ultimate Alliance, and Scene It for used games. You should try Shenmue 2 it has some rpg elements to it and its pretty open ended.

I see you like old school Rpgs too. I would suggest getting a DS since it has the most amount of Rpgs both new and old. Hope that helps.

Lost Odyssey

2047328229_9e6124d3a5.jpg

I just started disk 2 of 4 on this, it is an awesome RPG that plays like Final Fantasy (Turn Based Fighting)

CSI: Hard Evidence

11769.jpg

It's CSI, enough said :) My sister played this game and really liked it.

Kameo: Elements of Power

kameo_xbox360-copertina.jpg

I have yet to finish this game because I am stuck :laugh:, it is a very fun game, though.

Viva Pinata

box_viva_pinata.jpg

This game takes patience, but it is also a lot of fun, I still need to finish this, too.

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

oblivion_xbox360_550.jpg

I had over 80+ hours played in this behemoth of an RPG, it is a ton of fun and there is A LOT to do.

i've never played it, and it's an original xbox game, but i hear great things about fable. fable2 is due out sometime in the near future.

Fable is fun, but very short. Fable 2 is going to be absolutely incredible.

This has a list of the highest-rated Xbox 360 games since it's been released. You can also search for specific genres that interest you.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/xbox360/scores/

Also, Guitar Hero III is on sale at Amazon for $30 off (69.99), limited time, probably just this week.

http://www.amazon.com/Guitar-Hero-III-Legends-Wireless/dp/B000TG531G/ref=pd_bbs_sr_3?ie=UTF8&s=videogames&qid=1211936432&sr=8-3

Okay, so...my boyfriend just bought this xbox 360 off of his friend. I've never played xbox before- only playstation. I want to go to game stop and get some used games for this thing, because all my bf has is Madden and Tiger Woods. Once in a while I'll play Madden, but I suck at it and I use the same play every time and I'm just not into sports games.

I need some recommendations.

Yes, I know and love Guitar Hero. I'll get that at some point when I feel like paying for it. And yes, I know Rock Band is supposed to be better.

What can you steer me towards that would be found in the used section at game stop? Remember, I'm not into sports games. I don't want any shoot-em-up games or Grand Theft Auto stuff either. My favorite video games of all time are Final Fantasy II for Super Nintendo and this game called Laser Lords that was made for the Philips CDI console. I guess I like RPGs. I like mysteries... figuring out what I have to find to finish a level.

Thoughts?

RPGs:

Enchanted Arms

Lost Oddysey (very close to FFII on SNES)

Blue Dragon (you should be able to find this new on Amazon for about $20 now)

Eternal Sonata (more of a modern take on Japanese RPGs)

Oblivion (definitely a Western RPG but you might enjoy it)

Mass Effect (could come off as a bit of a shoot-em-up but it has a decent production and is more of a true RPG.)

EDIT: Also, I would advise that you cruise Ebay or Amazon's used section before heading to Gamestop. Gamestop tends to over charge for some of their used titles.

Two games that get a lot of play for me are Condemned & Prey. Both can be had really cheap. Condemned 1 can be had new for fifteen bucks. By your description, I think Condemned is more your style of these two.

Looking at my games, they are the only two that aren't sports, call of duty, or guitar heros either....

I know you're not into sports games, but Table Tennis is a really fun game that's also cheap.

Did you ever beat Final Fantasy 2?

haha,no...maybe with a cheat code. I remember getting stuck at those big Behemoth guys. I was never powerful enough, I'd always die.

Thanks for all of your input, sorry I didn't respond sooner, my computer at home has a virus. I'm seriously looking at that Amazon Guitar Hero bundle and some of those games that Reic pointed out look like fun. What do you do in Viva Pinata?

Edit: I bought guitar hero. I couldn't pass it up :)

haha,no...maybe with a cheat code. I remember getting stuck at those big Behemoth guys. I was never powerful enough, I'd always die.

Thanks for all of your input, sorry I didn't respond sooner, my computer at home has a virus. I'm seriously looking at that Amazon Guitar Hero bundle and some of those games that Reic pointed out look like fun. What do you do in Viva Pinata?

Edit: I bought guitar hero. I couldn't pass it up :)

Viva Pinata is amazingly fun, lol.

You uhh, start a garden, and eventually pinatas come to your garden, and you can raise them and mate them and attract new pinatas and eventually send your pinatas off to parties to ultimately become destroyed :laugh:.

Viva Pinata is amazingly fun, lol.

You uhh, start a garden, and eventually pinatas come to your garden, and you can raise them and mate them and attract new pinatas and eventually send your pinatas off to parties to ultimately become destroyed :laugh:.

That sounds like the stupidest game ever.

Yet I am slightly intrigued for some reason......

That sounds like the stupidest game ever.

Yet I am slightly intrigued for some reason......

Lol, my sister and dad were wondering why I was so high on the game, lol.

It is a really stupid game, but it is a lot of fun, there are like mini games in it and stuff, like when you want to mate two pinatas you have to take one of the pinatas through a maze to the other one without dying, lol.

I would go with Oblivion, Fable, Bully and Lego Star Wars.

Mass Effect is cool becasue you can choose different things to say to people and it changes the story, but it is a shoot-em-up.

Fable is great fun and probably the cheapest.

You can play and enjoy Oblivion forever. If you buy it used get a copy that has the expansion pack included, it should be cheaper than buying them separately.

If you like Star Wars than you'll love Lego Star Wars. Get the copy with the complete saga so you get to play all six movies.

I just finished Bully and loved it. Amusing Story and lots of fun stuff to do.

Archived