Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade - Erasmus James

azmodeus13

It's conditional? What's the condition?

I'm going to be pissed if we just threw away a draft pick on a guy who was going to be free (off waivers) and who failed his own team's physical.

While I like the idea of giving him a chance to redeem himself, I feel like we just--yet again--bid against nobody and gave up a pick for a guy that we could have had for free.

If we turns out, then it is a windfall for us. But if he had anything, I think the Vikes could have got something for him.

We definitely messed up in the execution. That is to be expected.

Just pray that the conditions don't bump it up to two future 1st round picks if he plays.

I think this was definatly a good move, James has a ton of upside if he can get back on the field. He is still young and has plenty of time to recover, even if he can't play this year he could be an asset in the future.

We definitely messed up in the execution. That is to be expected.

Just pray that the conditions don't bump it up to two future 1st round picks if he plays.

Hello...Genius...

The conditional is in the Redskins' favor.

If James works out, the Vikings get a 7th round pick, if he doesn't, they get nothing.

He'll probably start the season on the PUP List. Give him some time to heal. I saw somewhere he was limping pretty bad at OTAs when he was there. Seems like a win win for both teams in any case. Skins probably saw he was gonna be released and said hey, how bout you give him to us and you might get something in return.

this was a good move. anybody claiming otherwise is just trying super hard to hate on the front office. i think our FO is pretty dumb, but this was a no brainer. a conditional 7th rounder is pretty much worthless most of the time.

BLC, are you praising a move by our F.O.???????

Wait, I can hear the devil chattering his teeth, must go outside to see commuter jets dodging the flying pigs.

Seriously though, great move by the F.O.......just cant ever get tired of saying that. What's to lose. Get the kid some rehab with Rocky Mac and Los and we might get something good.

He'll probably start the season on the PUP List. Give him some time to heal. I saw somewhere he was limping pretty bad at OTAs when he was there. Seems like a win win for both teams in any case. Skins probably saw he was gonna be released and said hey, how bout you give him to us and you might get something in return.

probably - good thing before we lost first shot at him

DL needed some depth, and this is a nice move.

If he doesn't make the roster, the Skins keep their pick. If he makes the roster and can play some, it'll be fine for a 7th round. I don't think Jordan Palmer is re-entering the draft next year, so we can't take him again.

I don't know what to think about this guy. I'm glad we finally got some help on the D-line, but this guy seems too injury prone. But the risk is low given we only gave up a conditional 7th rounder so I think it's worth trying. I think having his former college coach will help. But I'm going to wait until training camp to see what comes of this. If he can start, there may be hope for our D-line yet.

James cannot stay healthy. I think Buzbee is the guy to watch. I think he could make a run at supplanting Daniels before too long.

Then we simply let James and Buzbee (and perhaps others) fight for the job in Training Camp and may the best man win.

What's not to like?

Low risk high reward. If he works out we're out of a 7th rounder. If he's garbage then we lose nothing. We obviously swung the deal because there'd be a chance he'd get claimed off the wire before our turn. The guys that are complaining that we could have had him for free are overlooking all the other teams that would have had a chance to land him before us.

If Palmero vouches for him and thinks he'll be 100% by training camp then I'm good with that. There's nothing to complain about here.

What's not to like?

The guys that are complaining that we could have had him for free are overlooking all the other teams that would have had a chance to land him before us.

That is my point - teams can't just claim someone - they have to wait in line. You are in line based on when you got someone off the wire last, correct? Then the line comes back to you as other teams pick people up?

If there were people looking at him, why not give up a potential 18th-28th pick in the last round for someone who has huge upside? Like others have said - what are you losing?

What's not to like?

Low risk high reward. If he works out we're out of a 7th rounder. If he's garbage then we lose nothing. We obviously swung the deal because there'd be a chance he'd get claimed off the wire before our turn. The guys that are complaining that we could have had him for free are overlooking all the other teams that would have had a chance to land him before us.

If Palmero vouches for him and thinks he'll be 100% by training camp then I'm good with that. There's nothing to complain about here.

Exactly.

If he works out, and plays good for the Redskins, then Washington got a 1st round player for a 7th round pick.

If he doesn't work out and the Redskins release him, they keep their 7th round pick, and lose nothing.

It's win/win. :)

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3410022

The defensive end was one of the top-rated pass rushers in 2005 when Minnesota chose him out of Wisconsin with the 18th overall pick. But after notching four sacks in 15 games during his rookie season, James tore the ACL in his left knee in Week 2 of the 2006 season.

James returned last season and played sparingly in six games. He suffered a similar injury to the same knee in Week 13 against Detroit and again landed on injured reserve.

The injuries weren't the only factor that made James' tenure in Minnesota a little rocky. He got into a fight with running back Chester Taylor in the locker room late last season and was openly ridiculed by teammates during his rookie year when he responded harshly to some hazing by the veterans. James' injury, coupled with Kenechi Udeze's leukemia diagnosis,......

when I heard he was released (or not released), I was hoping we'd get him. I wanted him back in 2005 to begin with. I hope this works out, this could be one of the best moves of the offseason and basically gives us a guy with the potential of a low first rounder/2-3 round DE of this draft.

Archived