Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade - Erasmus James

azmodeus13

conditional 7th round pick

Good or bad?

I say pretty good upside for a conditional 7th rounder. Potential never realized - any thoughts?

The trade was made possible because of the holiday weekend. With no waiver wire on Friday because of the Memorial Day holiday, the Vikings couldn't process James' release until 4 p.m. on Tuesday.

Over the weekend several teams inquired with James' agents about putting in a waiver claim on the injured defensive end.

The Redskins were forced to act because off-season waiver claims are processed in reverse order of a team's record from the previous season, meaning 20 teams had priority over the Redskins. By making the conditional trade, the Redskins controlled James' rights.

I still don't know the detail on the waive/trade, but I think its a good deal, I give him a better chance of making the team than a seventh rounder, and if he doesn't make the team we lose nothing.

I happened to be going to look at the boxing workout when I saw this. I was surprised there was nothing on the board about it and searched before I posted.

What the heck - better than over reaching for some 33 year old with an 8 million dollar salary who might work out for a first round pick

Are we getting a total turnaround by the FO? Hmmm... looks good

i like the move and i extremely like that we got his college Dline coach here who got all that production out of him in college. i think either way we did good because most 7th rounders are coin flips anyways. i think that for the price and the possible upside that this move only makes sense for us. good riddance to giving up to much(money and draft picks) on other peoples players.

Wait a minute. Did we just give up a draft pick for someone who was already on the waiver wire? Uh.....

:laugh:

Don't expect the world from this FO.....at least we are making an attempt to finally get a pass rush.

:cheers:

giving up a 7th rounder for a former 1st rounder whos 25 is a little different than giving up first day picks for washed up guys in their 30s.

It is also a conditional 7th rounder, so if he washes out, they get nothing.

I wonder when NFL.com will update their site with the right news.

Jason

Archived