Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Trade - Erasmus James

azmodeus13

It's conditional? What's the condition?

I'm going to be pissed if we just threw away a draft pick on a guy who was going to be free (off waivers) and who failed his own team's physical.

While I like the idea of giving him a chance to redeem himself, I feel like we just--yet again--bid against nobody and gave up a pick for a guy that we could have had for free.

If we turns out, then it is a windfall for us. But if he had anything, I think the Vikes could have got something for him.

good trade. would have taken this over Jason Taylor any day!

If he doesn't work out then we lose a 7th rounder.

If does good (what is the condition) on the 7th rounder?

it looks like if he doesnt work out that the vikes get nothing the condition is that if he does work they get a 7th rounder...

I'm going to be pissed if we just threw away a draft pick on a guy who was going to be free (off waivers) and who failed his own team's physical.

While I like the idea of giving him a chance to redeem himself, I feel like we just--yet again--bid against nobody and gave up a pick for a guy that we could have had for free.

If we turns out, then it is a windfall for us. But if he had anything, I think the Vikes could have got something for him.

were insanely thin at DE. somebody was gonna snag this guy before we could. a 25 year old 1st rounder is not something that would fall to us. cmon dude, i think our front office is retarded, but giving up conditional 7th rounders for a potential impact player is a good move.

It is also a conditional 7th rounder, so if he washes out, they get nothing.

I wonder when NFL.com will update their site with the right news.

Jason

Does anyone know what the conditions are?

Is it conditional that he passes a physical, or is it something he has to do during the seasn?

but there are rules on the waiver wire - correct? if we could get him with a conditional 7th rounder rather than having to lose him to someone else when he hit the waiver wire... that is a good thing.

If he works out and does well by us, then we saved a ton of money and can use a first round draft pick elsewhere and not on end. All that for a 7th that we might not have to give up. If he doesn't work out - we don't lose anything.

If this was New England making this move, the people that hate Snyder would be all over that saying "why didn't snyder do this".

This is a low risk move that could really pay off - especially if he has something to prove now.

If this guy is healthy, we just got our 2nd best DE...

...for a 7th round pick!

I just got a memo from Dan Snyder.... he wanted to know if you would refrain cheering for anything the front office did well. He just thinks it kind of goes against everything you both believe.

Does anyone know what the conditions are?

Is it conditional that he passes a physical, or is it something he has to do during the seasn?

I'm almost certain the condition is probably making the team.

Anyways, 7th round picks are pretty worthless anyways, so I'm not losing all that much sleep over it if it doesn't work out.

Jason

Relax, it is a 7th round pick. :laugh:

Look at all the trades that were done in the draft this year, particularly on the 2nd day.

The Redskins could easily get that pick back.

Archived