Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Is there anything without a bias?

WVUforREDSKINS

Seriously, if the question "Is there anything that somebody won't call biased?" the answer is obviously "no".

Since I've come to the conclusion that for a lot of people, "bias" means "doesn't agree with my bias".

(I, of course, don't have any.) :)

Objective science is without bias. Thermometer, Altinmeter, weight, mass, terminal velocity, density, and elimental properties as determined by a spectrograph.

Now not all science is objective.

Objective science is without bias. Thermometer, Altinmeter, weight, mass, terminal velocity, density, and elimental properties as determined by a spectrograph.

Now not all science is objective.

Couldnt the Thermometer technically have measurement bias relating to the operators or process used to record the temps?

I think even objective science may have some small amount of unintended bias whenever a human is involved in it's use. :2cents:

Rim%20Shot%20Johnny%20Utah.jpg

But I liked it.

:laugh:

Beat me to it!

There is bias in which system of measurement to use :)

All American newspapers, TV shows, magazines, etc. are bias. They are American so they have an American bias (no matter how liberal:) )

Can anyone think of something that is completely unbiased?

There are a few neutral reads, the economist is the best one I can think of off the top of my head.

Unfortunately, it is a byproduct of the republican spin machine, and their hackery in reporting and news analysis. There are many people that try to be unbiased, and tell it like it is, but when you say or speak your mind, you are a liberal, a communist, a terrorist sympathizer and anything else they can conjure up. They lack the critical thinking skill of being introspective.

In other words, they are exactly what they say the other side is, and they fail to see it. They scream "liberal media" when it is a republican media. Don't believe me? When was John McCain accused of having his flag not on his lapel?

If you want to know what republicans are up to, just turn on Rush Limbaugh, and listen to what he is accusing the democrats of doing, they are doing it in spades. . .

There are a few neutral reads, the economist is the best one I can think of off the top of my head.

Unfortunately, it is a byproduct of the republican spin machine, and their hackery in reporting and news analysis. There are many people that try to be unbiased, and tell it like it is, but when you say or speak your mind, you are a liberal, a communist, a terrorist sympathizer and anything else they can conjure up. They lack the critical thinking skill of being introspective.

In other words, they are exactly what they say the other side is, and they fail to see it. They scream "liberal media" when it is a republican media. Don't believe me? When was John McCain accused of having his flag not on his lapel?

If you want to know what republicans are up to, just turn on Rush Limbaugh, and listen to what he is accusing the democrats of doing, they are doing it in spades. . .

Yeah the media wasn't biased before "the republican spin machine". :doh:

There are college courses which focus on media bias and teach you how to understand it. Perhaps a course is in order. :D

Archived