Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Why did we go to Iraq?

WVUforREDSKINS

What do you think of the new site?  

63 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the new site?

• Amazing
    • Cool
    • Could be better
    • A letdown

This poll is closed to new votes

Bush needed to show up daddy

And Bush and his buddies thought they would be so grateful they would hand over their oil rights, not to mention the money that goes out in government contracts to rebuild after a war.

I heard the weather is nice over there, 115 and no clouds.

and if you can get those women to take off their burkhas its like theire wearing fuzzy sweaters..

Don't be knocking the women,this one dropped the burkha and don't look too fuzzy ;)

haifa_wehbe_001-enigma_magazine_december_2005.jpg

As far as the poll?...all of the above(even throw in the strawberry milk and mop)

The best answer is a combination of C & D.

We invaded to flex our muscle in the Middle East AND to liberate and bring democracy to the Iraqi people, and the neo-cons thought this would have a positive domino effect of liberalizing the entire region. It is all laid out in the PNAC documents.

Other: Strategically it is a fine place to put pressure on the factions in the Middle East that want to commit terrorist acts. It is central to the region, it can be easily re-supplied.

Going to war in the region means you must consider factors that are at play. One of the first is the size of Saddam's military, and that they must be accounted for .. invading elsewhere allows that sizable force to roam the battlefield at will, gathering size, possibly touching off the jihad the loonies have been trying to start. (Armies controlled by despots tend to 'draft' people as they move...) By attacking them directly, we removed one of the larger military obstacles that would have stood in our path as we move forward in this war. (Iraq is a battle. The war is larger in scope.)

Of all the countries in the middle east, strategically tactically and politically they were the best choice to invade. Not a single ME leader will complain if Saddam is deposed, and other than Iran and Syria's covert operations, everyone else in the middle east seems to be staying out of it, seeing what happens.

For those convinced it is oil,, does it not matter that so many non-US and non-allied nations have been invited to bid on the oil contracts?

If we were there to simply steal it, why on earth do we invite China and Russia to bid on the contracts?

It kind of shoots the whole 'war for oil' theory full of holes when we're willing to simply give up the wealth and power that comes with it to nations without a drop of blood invested. Not to mention give it up to nations that are unfriendly to us in the first place... how does that jive with this idea we're there for nothing but oil? What do you guys say if Russia wins the contract, and decides that what we're paying is not enough?

Putin is our friend, i guess.

~Bang

Finish the job that Sr. didn't, revenge for the attempt on Sr's life, and oil money. In 1999, I told people that were supporting him for president that he'd be going to war with Iraq if he became president, for those reasons. They told me that I was full of ****.

I guess that blow job in the oval office wasn't so bad afterall.

Ok I don't think there is a poll on this. But I want to know what people think.

Personally, I think it was to flex our military muscle in the heart of the Middle East and it was personal. Throw in a lil oil, Lockeed Martin, and Haliburton.

Is it dark in there? (with your head that far up your ***) If you have to constantly question the way your country TAKES CARE OF YOU, just get some place. Maybe you'd be happier as a full blown iranian citizen. How'd that be for ya? *** hole. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of people doin this ****! ****ing leave. No one is stopping you.

Is it dark in there? (with your head that far up your ***) If you have to constantly question the way your country TAKES CARE OF YOU, just get some place. Maybe you'd be happier as a full blown iranian citizen. How'd that be for ya? *** hole. I'm sorry, but I'm sick of people doin this ****! ****ing leave. No one is stopping you.

:laugh:

Chill out, cupcake. What is your deal?

Where did I question the way my country takes care of me? Do I question the things we do? Yes. Just like most of the public does on both sides of the political spectrem. Why do you think we went?

you showed your character very clear in that post.

Archived