Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Safety possibility?

LeoDC

SMH, yall being so closed minded yall not even thinking it through, he might not be the best coverage safety, but teams usually only need 1, and Landry showed second half of last season he is very capable. and i dont care who he plays for, or what he did, id take any player that could help the team, its not really possible for it to even happen, but every1 doesnt say nothing about why it wouldnt be a good pick up, just 'NO'. and comparing him to Archuleta is horrible, he plays nothin like him, he tackles better, hits harder, and is definately faster..

It's not closed minded not to want a guy who (as stated several times here) has a penalty created for him and who still is called for it more than any other player. Landry does everything that Williams does, only he's better at it and he's a second year player. If Roy could keep up and take better angles maybe he wouldn't have to rip people down from behind all the time and try to break their legs so he doesn't have to chase them anymore.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Horse-collar_tackle

You should probably read that and then go look up how TO feels about Williams still using this cheap shot even with all the penalties called on him and his suspension.

http://kurtrudder.blogspot.com/2008/01/football-outsiders-2007-all-keep.html

t’s odd to pick two safeties from the NFC’s two most successful regular season teams on the All-KCW team, including one who made the Pro Bowl, but there’s not a more laughable “reputation” pick for the Pro Bowl than Williams, whose utter inability to cover anything was the problem the Cowboys defense had to hide all season. The Cowboys’ weakness in pass defense was their number 28 ranking against tight ends, a direct reflection of Williams, who was often isolated against those tight ends with much flailing ensuing. At this point, Williams is not only not a Pro Bowler, he’s a net negative to a fantastic Cowboys defense.

How about you use the internet to find out why Williams is not a good safety and then rethink why we would want someone like him on our team. And comparisons to Archuleta are valid because he's decent in run support but cannot cover anyone.

SMH, yall being so closed minded yall not even thinking it through, he might not be the best coverage safety, but teams usually only need 1, and Landry showed second half of last season he is very capable. and i dont care who he plays for, or what he did, id take any player that could help the team, its not really possible for it to even happen, but every1 doesnt say nothing about why it wouldnt be a good pick up, just 'NO'. and comparing him to Archuleta is horrible, he plays nothin like him, he tackles better, hits harder, and is definately faster..

You sir, are an idiot.

In all reality AA is a better saftey that Williams. Williams does 2 things, he will give you a 15 yard penalty for a horse collar, and he will occationally blow someone up, but he really doesnt do that anymore. Basically you're enamored with a big hit. Which is very typical for some members of this board. But it doesn't make you good.

Williams is a VERY poor tackler. He takes bad angles and as a result, the horse collar. When he can actually get there in proper position, his technique is terrible. He doesnt wrap up and instead tries to make a highlight out of the play, instead of the sure tackle. Adam was money, if he hit you, you went down. Mostly because he wrapped people up.

ALL safties need to be able to cover. Remember 06'? AA is a good example of this, and he's better in coverage than Williams. Is he faster?

Williams:4.53

AA: 4.58

Oh yea, take that 5/100 of a second to the bank. :applause:

I dont know how much it will do because Williams bites on play action so much and is seemingly always out of position. At least AA was sound in his reads and didnt bite on play action much.

Even Dallas Fans are sick of Williams, and that should tell you something.

Thing is Reed is better than both of these guys.

I think the Skins should go after division rivals Safety Roy Williams, he is not liking his teams defensive scheme, and is said to be getting frustrated. On NFL Live this afternoon, May 9, There was a section on him. He can be a great player next to Landry, and with Landry's coverage skill can play more of his type of game up on the line...Thanx for reading

Ummm he is always getting burned. He also has been called a dirty player. Who loves to horse collar tackle. I think he is overrated myself.

He doesn't like the new scheme, likely because it includes pass defense. he should only be used as a special team player, and in run packages, not worth the hype he gets, not worth the $ he want, not worth his whineing.

I'd say it's between a 0 and 5% chance Roy doesn't play in dallas next season. Of that 5%, I'd say 50% would be him not playing due to injury. So out of the other 50%, I'd 50% of that is he's traded, and there is a 0% chance we trade him in the division. So of the 50% remaining (odds of him getting cut) from the 50% chance I'd say he actually has of playing else where in 2008, which comes from the 5% I actually gave him of not playing in dallas, I'd say he has a 5% chance of playing in washington. So all in all, that means I'd say the chance of him joining the skins is .0625%

THIS GUY HAS IT!! I completly agree!:notworthy:applause::cheers::2drunks::lift::ladiesman:cloud9::1stplace::1stplace::fortune::party::jump::chestram::wave::allhail::dj::pimp:

Archived