Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

New Safety possibility?

LeoDC

Roy Williams has done and will do more for us wearing a Cowboys uniform than he could ever do in a Skins uniform.

How is he supposed to provide deep "help" against Moss if he's on the sidelines wearing the B&G. Duh!

In case you missed the memo, we already tried Roy Williams once before. Only he was white, his name was Adam Archuleta, and we paid him the highest contract ever for a safety at the time. :doh:

PH2006061701085.jpg = 206948.jpg

In case you missed the memo, we already tried Roy Williams once before. Only he was white, his name was Adam Archuleta, and we paid him the highest contract ever for a safety at the time. :doh:

Archuleta probably would've horse collared too if he ever tackled someone. :doh:

I think the Skins should go after division rivals Safety Roy Williams, he is not liking his teams defensive scheme, and is said to be getting frustrated. On NFL Live this afternoon, May 9, There was a section on him. He can be a great player next to Landry, and with Landry's coverage skill can play more of his type of game up on the line...Thanx for reading

Roy Williams can't cover. Seriously. I wish you could ask Cooley and Moss about Williams playing safety for us..:laugh:

:cheers:

^^ true story.

new rule.... no getting safeties with a limited skill set when we already have a safety that compliments our pro bowl-caliber safety. i don't want doughty to be the next ryan clark, and roy to be the next archuleta

and to the OP.... you are gonna be hard-pressed to find skins fans who share your opinion on this one.

I think the Skins should go after division rivals Safety Roy Williams, he is not liking his teams defensive scheme, and is said to be getting frustrated. On NFL Live this afternoon, May 9, There was a section on him. He can be a great player next to Landry, and with Landry's coverage skill can play more of his type of game up on the line...Thanx for reading

Dude, Roy Williams SUCKS. No freakin' way we look at that guy. We're much better off with what we have.

Archuleta probably would've horse collared too if he ever tackled someone. :doh:

Which is why he was STILL leading the team in tackles 2 weeks after he had been benched. :rolleyes:

Not much in coverage, but dont just blatantly LIE to try to make a point. Say what you want about his coverage skills, but he is good in the box and a sure tackler.

Lets see:

Doughty's speed > Roy Williams' speed

Doughty's coverage > Roy Williams' coverage

Doughty's tackle form > Roy Williams' tackle "form" (Is horse collar a form?)

Doughty's attitude > Roy Williams' attitude

Doughty's expected salary <<<<<<< Roy Williams' expected salary.

Yeah I would say Reed wins in a landslide.

I'd say it's between a 0 and 5% chance Roy doesn't play in dallas next season. Of that 5%, I'd say 50% would be him not playing due to injury. So out of the other 50%, I'd 50% of that is he's traded, and there is a 0% chance we trade him in the division. So of the 50% remaining (odds of him getting cut) from the 50% chance I'd say he actually has of playing else where in 2008, which comes from the 5% I actually gave him of not playing in dallas, I'd say he has a 5% chance of playing in washington. So all in all, that means I'd say the chance of him joining the skins is .0625%

what in the hell are you talking about?

Which is why he was STILL leading the team in tackles 2 weeks after he had been benched. :rolleyes:

Not much in coverage, but dont just blatantly LIE to try to make a point. Say what you want about his coverage skills, but he is good in the box and a sure tackler.

actually, archuleta is just not good at all anymore, that's why the friggin bears just cut his ass. We were stupid to sign him, but at least we got the bears to take him off our hands. It could have been alot worse for us. I would sign archuleta to a VET-MIN+incentives though, as a back-up.

As a starter he's doo-doo but he could be useful to help spell doughty..

oh yeah, and to Horse Collar Williams, Hell no....I thought we learned from Primetime pukes dont work for us.(starters)

If the cowboys dispose of williams it is because he is to slow and cannot cover, he is not going to get any faster or better cos he wears a different uni....NO NO NO, five years ago the skins might have got him payed too much for him, but we are different now, Williams is either going to be a cowboy or be finished

That's because whenever a pass went his way, the receiver probably would've cought it. :laugh:

But yeah, I guess you're right. I really just don't want to see Archuleta's second coming. ;)

Dude...Roy Williams wasnt even in Sean Taylor's league. Teams stayed away from throwing deep when Sean was in the game. Teams work to get matchups against Williams. Do you think the Cowboys think enough of Williams as an athlete to put him one on one against a WR. Redskins did of Taylor when they played the Vikings Gibbs first year. They allowed Taylor to match up one on one against Randy Moss. No comparison. See Redskins vs Dallas Monday Night Football when Santana went over the top two times for TD in the fourth quarter. Roy Williams was no where to be found.

Archived