Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Seat Upgrades be delayed this year?

bryantlc

If you want an upgrade, don't delay- call the TO now.

I just called them, said "yeah the e-mails went out I guess to upgrade, I can't get my account open online, can ya help me out" and the guy hooked me up.

Old location (2 x 1st year season tickets in my name): Section 425, Row 26 on the aisle, in the sun.

New location (added 3rd seat): Section 402, Row 14, middle of row, in the shade, one section closer to the 50.

:jump:

402!!!! Welcome!

Just so you know, you're NOT in the shade at the beginning of the year, at all. It's hot as hell up there, but as the season wears on, the sun does set behind us a little faster.

Sneak in one of those single-serving packets of Gatorade powder that you can put in a 20 oz bottle of water. You'll be happy that you did.

402!!!! Welcome!

Just so you know, you're NOT in the shade at the beginning of the year, at all. It's hot as hell up there, but as the season wears on, the sun does set behind us a little faster.

Sneak in one of those single-serving packets of Gatorade powder that you can put in a 20 oz bottle of water. You'll be happy that you did.

Thanks Cliche!

I should clarify my statement a bit. In 425, we were basically roasting, staring at the sun for the entire game. It appeared that on the home side, at least the sun was at your back, and actually got some shade towards the latter part of the games, especially the 4pm'ers. But in any event, I'm sure I'll be much happier over in 402.

As for the Gatorade packet, why sneak that in when I can sneak in the real thing, plus half a bottle of Jack? (via the top secret smuggling tools discovered by Mr. Chubakah). :cheers:

Looking forward to raising some hell with you in 402 this fall!

Thanks Cliche!

I should clarify my statement a bit. In 425, we were basically roasting, staring at the sun for the entire game. It appeared that on the home side, at least the sun was at your back, and actually got some shade towards the latter part of the games, especially the 4pm'ers. But in any event, I'm sure I'll be much happier over in 402.

As for the Gatorade packet, why sneak that in when I can sneak in the real thing, plus half a bottle of Jack? (via the top secret smuggling tools discovered by Mr. Chubakah). :cheers:

Ahh, gotcha! I remember my mom scored tickets to the Lions game in 422, and she said that she couldn't sit there because she'd be baked (Yeah, I laughed when she said that, too). On the home side we do eventually get shade, but that Miami game, God damn. I was dying.

402 has such a gorgeous view. I'm in seats 3&4, and we're basically on the 33-yard line. You can see everything. The *ONLY* complaint, and it's EXTREMELY minor, is that the only way to tell if we've made a field goal or extra point is to watch the people behind the goal posts.

As part of your initiation to the section, just make sure you bring Jessica with you, okay? Or at least a poster of your sig from a few months back.

Thanks Cliche!

You are correct, I'm in 410 and in the corner over by where the Skins run out of the tunnel. We do get a fair amount of shade, and the 4:00 p.m. games are pretty nice.

I need to move my ass around to some other sections, I don't think there are any other ESers in 410, which is unfortunate because I love the view. Unfortunately, I have the dreaded 4 tickets, which apparently are impossible to move because it's an even number, at least according to what I've read on here.

Thanks Cliche!

TLC, you'd rather be on the shady side of the field - rather than the sunny side?

It seems like there are more cold weather games than hot ones.

TLC, you'd rather be on the shady side of the field - rather than the sunny side?

A little bit of sun in the winter doesn't make much of a difference, it's not like you can feel anything with those beer icicles hanging out of your mouth, but it makes all the difference in the world during the summer.

Plus, having the sun in your eyes the whole time is awful.

I would much rather be on the shady side. I remember the first few games, I was still roasting and the sun was towards our backs, not in our eyes like in the visiting side. I'll miss you guys in 402. it was a great section, but I'm happy with my move to 401. It really seems as if the Ticket office is helping us GA fans out this year!

Is that using the fake binoculars method? Or hiding the flask method.

I'm in the upper deck and I just got off the phone with the TO. I told him that a few of my buddies got their upgrade e-mails, but I did not.

He put me on hold, and then came back and told me that they're doing it by certain sections right now, with the emphasis on putting people into row 15, or lower. That makes sense, as the cost for tickets are higher for rows 15 and below.

He also advised that when they get to my section, I'll be automatically upgraded, either closer to the 50 and/or lower, if they're available.

I'm already in row 15, so I won't be notified, because the aforementioned upgrades will not result in a price increase.

A little bit of sun in the winter doesn't make much of a difference, it's not like you can feel anything with those beer icicles hanging out of your mouth, but it makes all the difference in the world during the summer.

Just wear a hat, snag your "designated-driver" coke, and keep getting ice refills so you can stick ice-cubes under your hat. You should also take breaks in the shade at half-time.

It's not so bad.

OK...that's a lie.....roasting in the sunny side of the stadium sucks!

The sun does, however, feel pretty good on those crisp fall and winter afternoons....

I'm in the upper deck and I just got off the phone with the TO. I told him that a few of my buddies got their upgrade e-mails, but I did not.

He put me on hold, and then came back and told me that they're doing it by certain sections right now, with the emphasis on putting people into row 15, or lower. That makes sense, as the cost for tickets are higher for rows 15 and below.

He also advised that when they get to my section, I'll be automatically upgraded, either closer to the 50 and/or lower, if they're available.

I'm already in row 15, so I won't be notified, because the aforementioned upgrades will not result in a price increase.

You must have a pretty busy job if you can call the Ticket Office so much. Seems like every post starts with "Just got off the phone with the TO" :laugh:

I just called them, said "yeah the e-mails went out I guess to upgrade, I can't get my account open online, can ya help me out" and the guy hooked me up.

Old location (2 x 1st year season tickets in my name): Section 425, Row 26 on the aisle, in the sun.

New location (added 3rd seat): Section 402, Row 14, middle of row, in the shade, one section closer to the 50.

I think adding your 3rd seat may have helped :2cents:

I think adding your 3rd seat may have helped :2cents:

Yea I'm guessing the demand for three seats is alot smaller than those who want 2 or 4. I'm hoping when I get offered seats in a couple weeks that since I asked for 3 they will try and upgrade them a little bit quicker over the next few years...............

My tix are in 425 and I've told the TO I only want to upgrade to lower rows on the sunny side so I guess it's to each his own. :cheers:

I have three tickets in 405, just called, and had no luck. Based upon your seat location, I think they are still working on the sections around midfield.

You are correct, I'm in 410 and in the corner over by where the Skins run out of the tunnel. We do get a fair amount of shade, and the 4:00 p.m. games are pretty nice.

I need to move my ass around to some other sections, I don't think there are any other ESers in 410, which is unfortunate because I love the view. Unfortunately, I have the dreaded 4 tickets, which apparently are impossible to move because it's an even number, at least according to what I've read on here.

You mean, when you actually remember to bring your tix, right? :silly:

Absolutely. September was scorching up there, facing the sun. Half the folks up there stayed on the concourse well after halftime. In the cold weather games, I'm so hammered from tailgating that I don't feel a damn thing. And when I'm lucky enough to sit next to HOF44, he has those Hot Hands to help out.

In the cold weather games, I'm so hammered from tailgating that I don't feel a damn thing. And when I'm lucky enough to sit next to HOF44, he has those Hot Hands to help out.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Good one. Who needs long underwear when Crown Royal is nature's heater?

Hopefully one day, I can talk about upgrades. I'm still waiting on my first set of season tix. Should be here soon though.

I spoke to TLC at the tailgate on draft day and he advised to do the same thing about calling and asking for a better section if I get stuck behind a field goal. Which I'm fully expecting.

I was wondering where this thread was this year--now I found it. Just FYI---I was upgraded yesterday from 427 row 28 to 427 row 10 (last year was my first in 427--the two previous years I was 441). Last year I used the squeaky wheel theory to pry the upgrade from the endzone to the 50, but that wasn't until early june I think. This year I tried a couple of unprompted squeaky wheel phone calls but no luck (both guys I talked to were pretty firm, maybe they're cracking down) but within two days after doing that I got an e-mail talking about upgrading from the above row 15 to below row 15--now, if I was in 17 or something, I might not have for the extra cost, but from 28 to 10 it was definitely worth it. I'm pretty psyched--this is my 4th season with tickets and i've gotten upgraded every year--and yes, I have 3 tickets.

Just wanted to mention it for others who are on the waiting list, go with three tix--it's actually a great number of people to go to a game with, easier to fill than 4 (less often have an unused ticket) but more fun of a group than 2, and much faster ticket upgrades. I also think the squeaky wheel may work well a bit later in the upgrade process--when the upgrades are "done" is the time to really call and force the ticket office to search for better seats for you, especially if you're UD endzone/corners and want to move down the sideline, because there are almost certain to be high row sideline tix available and if you don't grab them some new person fresh off the waitlist will, AND, if they try to tell you that they're done with the upgrades, then that's your ammunition to say "well, then there is no harm in seeing if there are seats available that i'd prefer to mine, since the upgrades are done and I should have priority over new ticket holders"--note that it's key not to come off like an a## or else the ticket operator is often a lot less willing to help, but logic can definitely be your friend. Then, you move down WITHIN YOUR SECTION, so work your way to the middle (don't worry about being high up, the view is still pretty good) then you can work your way down row-wise. Like I said, i'd imagine this might work better next week or the week after, but it is definitely key to get the right ticket operator who will simply do you the favor of searching the computer.

I actually like UD, if I get a few rows closer and stay on the 50 I may not even try to go down to the lowers, but it sounds like I may only be a couple years away if lucky due to being a group of three. If you had told me when I started in 2005 that in 2008-09 I would be in row 10 of the UD on the 50, I'd have been thrilled, so I definitely can't complain, but I just thought that since everyone on here are the die-hards that deserve the best seats (and won't be selling dallas week to cowboys fans ;):dallasuck) that I'd just share my :2cents: on the process.

Oh, and just over 2 months to training camp!!

Hail. :cheers:

Aaron

427, Row 10, Seats 5-7.

Archived