Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Seat Upgrades be delayed this year?

bryantlc

Really? Tell me more.

Last year this friend of my wife's (Rachel) wanted me to get some good tix for her and her future husband. So I did. I got them in 428 row 9 on stubhub. When they arrived, they were 428, seats 1 & 2. I contacted stubhub and told them the problem. They contacted the Redskins. Stubhub came back to me and said the Redskins don't consider those seats to have a compromised view. Therefore, there was nothing they could do.

**** that. I am not giving my friends **** seats. I tried to argue with stubhub but they would not relent.

I ended up reselling those seats (except, unlike the first seller, I actually displayed the seat numbers in the listing), and took a $20 loss. I bought new tix for Rachel in 454.

The team uses those seats for all of the employees who get comp seats. I know when i was there they were still trying to get all of them back so that they werent sold to the public....sounds like the ones sold to you "slipped through the cracks", maybe because they were on the 50? Either way, the team tries not to sells those to the public.

Just got a call offering the same club level deal that has been offered in the past. Upgrade from uppers to club for 3 years and then automatically you're upgraged to lower level on the 4th year.

Agent claimed that this was a new one-time deal. Um, I don't think so. Same deal has been offered before.

I said thanks, but no thanks.

Just got the e-mail and called. Went from row 27 to row 15 in sec 402. I had to pay a little more but I am glad I do not have the cement walk anymore.

:applause:

We got a similar upgrade in our section, (431), a few years ago.

We went from row 29 to row 15.

It's definitely worth the extra few bucks.

Just got the e-mail and called. Went from row 27 to row 15 in sec 402. I had to pay a little more but I am glad I do not have the cement walk anymore.

What seats did you have in row 27, I sat in that row last year as well. I got an e-mail about 45 mins ago saying that lower seats in the upper bowl were available. Called, and the dude from the ticket office hooked me up as well with seats in the 15th row. Thanks ticket office!!!!!!

:eaglesuck :gaintsuck :dallasuck

The team uses those seats for all of the employees who get comp seats. I know when i was there they were still trying to get all of them back so that they werent sold to the public....sounds like the ones sold to you "slipped through the cracks", maybe because they were on the 50? Either way, the team tries not to sells those to the public.
Good info. Thanks

Yea that would def be annoying. I can't stand when people stand there blocking the view of hundreds of people. No common courtesy..........

I've said it b/f on ES, but I wish FedEx had signs in every portal reminding patrons to "please refrain from lateral movement while play is in motion".

Some stadiums and arenas have these signs, and if it keeps one person in their seat or on the concourse until play stops, it's effective.

I do like Verizon where the ushers stop people in the portals from returing to their seats until play halts, although they can't really stop people from leaving their seats.

I guess FedEx is too much of a mob scene to regulate. More ushers would mean more people standing in the way.

What seats did you have in row 27, I sat in that row last year as well. I got an e-mail about 45 mins ago saying that lower seats in the upper bowl were available. Called, and the dude from the ticket office hooked me up as well with seats in the 15th row. Thanks ticket office!!!!!!

Well it looks we will be neighbors. I will be in set 12 and 13. I had the same set #’s last year in row 27

I've said it b/f on ES, but I wish FedEx had signs in every portal reminding patrons to "please refrain from lateral movement while play is in motion".

Some stadiums and arenas have these signs, and if it keeps one person in their seat or on the concourse until play stops, it's effective.

I do like Verizon where the ushers stop people in the portals from returing to their seats until play halts, although they can't really stop people from leaving their seats.

I guess FedEx is too much of a mob scene to regulate. More ushers would mean more people standing in the way.

It's part of the stadium rules but 90k+ means plenty of rude people and newbies.

I received an email from the ticket office this morning mentioning an opportunity to move down lower in my section. I've been in section 453 row 18 for the past 3 seasons, and was planning on contacting them soon to explore the possibility of moving down further.

The rep told me that I could only move as low as row 14 (not just in my section but in any section?) at this time, but that in moving into the higher pricing tier seats (rows 1 - 15), I'd be automatically upgraded in the future and it should hopefully happen a litte more frequently. I suppose now that I'm locked into the first 15 rows at the higher cost, they can move me down automatically in the future since it would not trigger a higher rate for me. Does anyone know from experience if upgrades happen automatically or more frequently once you are in the lower half of the upper deck?

Anyway, I did take seats 9 - 10 in row 14 and while it's only a move of 4 rows I'm hopeful that I can continue to move down in the next few seasons as folks in the first few rows are moved downstairs to the lower level.

Just got a call offering the same club level deal that has been offered in the past. Upgrade from uppers to club for 3 years and then automatically you're upgraged to lower level on the 4th year.

Agent claimed that this was a new one-time deal. Um, I don't think so. Same deal has been offered before.

I said thanks, but no thanks.

Make sure you dont confuse the ticket office with the Premium Sales Department. Offers like that come from Sales not the TO. TO offers are never do this and we will do this.

Very nice. Looks like they are helping a good amount of people this year. Is this different from the amount of upgrades in the past? This will be my first year with tickets so I'm new to all this

I also just noticed I had the email. I called and moved from Row 25 to Row 13 in Section 425. It is $16 more per seat but I am excited about the move closer to the action! Now I just can't wait until the start of the season!

:dallasuck

Very nice. Looks like they are helping a good amount of people this year. Is this different from the amount of upgrades in the past? This will be my first year with tickets so I'm new to all this

This is very new. Last year I was in row 27, in 402, the year before that, row 28 in section 402, that was my first year. There are 29 rows in section 402. I felt that I was very lucky in getting section 402 in my first year as I heard most people that year were getting endzone and corners. I'm now in 401 row 15. Talk about getting the e-mail and calling all at the right time. It appears as if they are doing a few sections at a time regarding the move downs to the next pricing tier. Such as starting at the 50 and moving towards the endzone.

I also just noticed I had the email. I called and moved from Row 25 to Row 13 in Section 425. It is $16 more per seat but I am excited about the move closer to the action! Now I just can't wait until the start of the season!

Bet it makes that Drive from NC a little easier!

:dallasuck

This is very new. Last year I was in row 27, in 402, the year before that, row 28 in section 402, that was my first year. There are 29 rows in section 402. I felt that I was very lucky in getting section 402 in my first year as I heard most people that year were getting endzone and corners. I'm now in 401 row 15. Talk about getting the e-mail and calling all at the right time. It appears as if they are doing a few sections at a time regarding the move downs to the next pricing tier. Such as starting at the 50 and moving towards the endzone.

Wow that is a pretty sweet starting spot. I'm hoping to get something similar when I get my seat notice in the mail in a couple weeks................

From what people are describing, it looks like the ticket office is starting at midfield and will deal with the endzones later. I'm in 405 and have been checking my email religiously the past few days, but haven't heard anything yet, hopefully tomorrow. I have three seats, so I hope they haven't already upgraded the odd lots and moved on to the evens.

To me this is more exciting than the draft.:point2sky

Also, it seems like the only people who got emails are ones who moved up a price range. Do you think they won't email if it's an upgrade with the same price? I can't bear waiting much longer, not that my seats were bad, but I'd like to get off the aisle.

Also, it seems like the only people who got emails are ones who moved up a price range. Do you think they won't email if it's an upgrade with the same price? I can't bear waiting much longer, not that my seats were bad, but I'd like to get off the aisle.

I doubt it.

The TO told me, (for what it's worth), that upgrades start within your section.

First, you will be moved closer to the 50.

Second, you will be moved lower.

You will be contacted prior to any move that will result in an increase of price.

First, you will be moved closer to the 50.

Second, you will be moved lower.

You will be contacted prior to any move that will result in an increase of price.

If true, this is new as well. In the past you were much more likely to be moved down in the same section than moved closer to the 50.

I called them on May 13 re: upgrading seats and they said they will be doing it all month and started on the 12th. I'm not sure I believed him, but we will see. I'm in section 447 and have been for four seasons. I started in row 28, then moved to 15, then to 14 and last season was in 11. I have been trying to move closer to the 50 yard line, w/o much success.

If you want an upgrade, don't delay- call the TO now.

I just called them, said "yeah the e-mails went out I guess to upgrade, I can't get my account open online, can ya help me out" and the guy hooked me up.

Old location (2 x 1st year season tickets in my name): Section 425, Row 26 on the aisle, in the sun.

New location (added 3rd seat): Section 402, Row 14, middle of row, in the shade, one section closer to the 50.

:jump:

on hold.............

The guy at the TO said they're still in the process of cancelling accounts and figuring out what's open. He said nothing appears to be available for me right now but to call back again in a week or so. I don't have a lot of options since I'm already in row 1. I'm just trying to slide over from the corner towards mid field.

If you want an upgrade, don't delay- call the TO now.

I just called them, said "yeah the e-mails went out I guess to upgrade, I can't get my account open online, can ya help me out" and the guy hooked me up.

Old location (2 x 1st year season tickets in my name): Section 425, Row 26 on the aisle, in the sun.

New location (added 3rd seat): Section 402, Row 14, middle of row, in the shade, one section closer to the 50.

:jump:

Basically, another 3-seat upgrade. I hope another frenzy hasn't started. :(

Archived