Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Seat Upgrades be delayed this year?

bryantlc

I put a notice on my account that the only authorized moves will be to 403/402/401, 29, 1 & 2. Sometimes I wonder about the ticket office. :doh:
There IS no 401, 29, 1 & 2. Change it to 401, 25, 1 & 2. That's the back row. :)

And Popeman, there's nothing wrong with your sig - especially considering its dimensions are actually within the rules of this site (unlike some others).

You have the most unoriginal sig in the world. I wouldn't be talking..............

Probably shouldn't be doing any talking either right about now.

That's enough of the playground stuff involving the sigs children. This threads about the seat upgrades and such. Let's keep it that way.

Not a problem. Can't believe EDITED OUT tattled on me for my sig though. That's more childish than anything I said.....................

You made a promise to me awhile back if I didn't ban you. You've broken that promise ALL throughout this thread, but especially this post with what I edited out.

Now I'm going to keep my promise to you.

~TK

Not a problem. Can't believe MTH tattled on me for my sig though. That's more childish than anything I said.....................

No it's not. Though in reality,nobody "tattled". Don't have to when the sig is right there for all to see. Now like I said. Enough about the sigs.

Anybody know for sure when all the upgrades will be finalized?

I want to call the TO to see if I got moved down a few rows or over into 402, but I don't want to hear the "we haven't finished yet" mantra.

I called today. They aren't finished yet. Don't waste your time............

Got my THIRD call this off season from Skins to "temporarily" upgrade to club or loge seats for a couple seasons with a guarantee to move down into the lower bowl. They must really be having a tough time selling those expensive seats!

I told "Jerry", that I'm a working stiff and have enough trouble paying for my GA tickets let alone premium seats for a couple years for the privilege.....

I currently sit about 10-12 feet above the club level without the "premium" cost.... :laugh:

Got my THIRD call this off season from Skins to "temporarily" upgrade to club or loge seats for a couple seasons with a guarantee to move down into the lower bowl. They must really be having a tough time selling those expensive seats!

I told "Jerry", that I'm a working stiff and have enough trouble paying for my GA tickets let alone premium seats for a couple years for the privilege.....

I currently sit about 10-12 feet above the club level without the "premium" cost.... :laugh:

Any clue why the sales department is bugging you so much?

Resurrecting this thread, hoping it can stay a bit more civil this time. (well done TK, by the way)

Anyway, I just got my e-mail, which means they're doing upper level end zone seats now. I moved from 410, Row 27 to 410, Row 14. They had stuff available in section 409, closer to the 50, but man does the price ever jump once you get out of the end zone. I pay something like $48 per ticket for upper level end zone, but it's friggin $86 one section further over. Can't afford that!

So instead, we're into the lower rows, which is something like $70 per ticket, but hey, it's closer to the field. May have to wait a few years before we start moving over.

Got my email this afternoon as well and I'm in section 415. So all you fellow season ticket holders currently 'slummin' it in the endzone nosebleeds may want to go check your email now. I just got moved down from row 28 to row 15.

:point2sky

I moved from 410, Row 27 to 410, Row 14. .
Got my email this afternoon as well and I'm in section 415. I just got moved down from row 28 to row 15.

:point2sky

Notice the trend? Ticket prices go up starting at row 15.

The only ticket-holders getting upgrade e-mails are the ones where the prices increase.

Everyone else will probably have to wait until the whole "upgrade" thing is over, and then contact the TO to inquire as to the type, (if any), upgrade that was received....

Any clue why the sales department is bugging you so much?

I can only guess.....obviously they are hard up filling the club and loge seats. Also, each person has been different.....I bet the premium seating folks....these are not GA ticket office people work on Commission.

I also suspect it is my upgrade letter on file. I am happy in the 5th row in the upper deck. IMHO, rows 1-4 are inferior seats to what I have. The only place I want to go in the future is the lower bowl. I have very specific lower bowl request on what is acceptable.

The big sales pitch for club seats and loge seats right now is if you commit to club/loge seats for 2-4 years (I forget the exact number), they promise to move you to the lower bowl.

So that's my guess......

By the way, I am willing to bet that if someone is willing to buy the club seats, they could probably negotiate both the length and the contract cost with them. I just have a sense that they are getting a little desperate about selling the premium seats. I think this was the year for a high number of original premium seat contracts to be up. But MTH would know that better than I.

Hail!!

The only ticket-holders getting upgrade e-mails are the ones where the prices increase.

Everyone else will probably have to wait until the whole "upgrade" thing is over, and then contact the TO to inquire as to the type, (if any), upgrade that was received....

This is definitely the way they are handling it. The guy I had on the phone told me that I had already been upgraded from row 28 to 27, but since there was no price increase, I was not contacted. I wasn't contacted until they offered me a move to a more expensive seat. Being only my second year with season tickets, I couldn't resist the 13 row move.

No, everyone gets upgraded automatically and you find out your new seat location when you get your tickets in August if the upgrade has no affect on the ticket cost.

Phone calls are only made to people upgraded to seats that cost more. They need your approval to charge your credit card before upgrading you.

No, everyone gets upgraded automatically and you find out your new seat location when you get your tickets in August if the upgrade has no affect on the ticket cost.

Phone calls are only made to people upgraded to seats that cost more. They need your approval to charge your credit card before upgrading you.

Understood.

I meant that if the ticket-holder calls, after the upgrade thing is over, the TO will tell you what the upgrade is.

At least they did that a few years ago when I moved from seats 3 & 4 to 1 & 2 :laugh:

I can only guess.....obviously they are hard up filling the club and loge seats. Also, each person has been different.....I bet the premium seating folks....these are not GA ticket office people work on Commission.

I also suspect it is my upgrade letter on file. I am happy in the 5th row in the upper deck. IMHO, rows 1-4 are inferior seats to what I have. The only place I want to go in the future is the lower bowl. I have very specific lower bowl request on what is acceptable.

The big sales pitch for club seats and loge seats right now is if you commit to club/loge seats for 2-4 years (I forget the exact number), they promise to move you to the lower bowl.

So that's my guess......

By the way, I am willing to bet that if someone is willing to buy the club seats, they could probably negotiate both the length and the contract cost with them. I just have a sense that they are getting a little desperate about selling the premium seats. I think this was the year for a high number of original premium seat contracts to be up. But MTH would know that better than I.

Hail!!

They havent bothered me too much....I think only once. I wonder if you are on some big income mailing list or something. The average person can't afford Club seats. Why don't the skins sell PSL's then they wouldnt have to upgrade anyone. You could buy or sell your PSL's and move that way.

By the way, I am willing to bet that if someone is willing to buy the club seats, they could probably negotiate both the length and the contract cost with them. I just have a sense that they are getting a little desperate about selling the premium seats. I think this was the year for a high number of original premium seat contracts to be up.
Last year was the big year of club seats emptying, since the stadium opened in 1997, and many of the clubs were 10 year contracts. The club was not sold out though in 1997. So more ten year contracts were added in 1998 and 1999. When Snyder took over in July 1999, he had the clubs finally sold out before the 2000 season. So basically, I think the Redskins will be struggling to fill those club seats for the next few years at least.

Archived