Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Seat Upgrades be delayed this year?

bryantlc

After the seat upgrading frenzy simmers down for this offseason, I'll be curious to see who, if anybody will get upgraded to green parking.

Now the reason I say "if anybody" is b/c I don't think I've ever read of anybody on ES getting green parking w/out buying TG or TD clubs. If the seating upgrade progress is any sign, hopefully the good ES karma will keep flowing toward our GAs!

After the seat upgrading frenzy simmers down for this offseason, I'll be curious to see who, if anybody will get upgraded to green parking.

Now the reason I say "if anybody" is b/c I don't think I've ever read of anybody on ES getting green parking w/out buying TG or TD clubs. If the seating upgrade progress is any sign, hopefully the good ES karma will keep flowing toward our GAs!

I love your optimism!!!! More should be like you!

Do you know if you can dump the third ticket the year after you are in a spot you are satisfied with? I put a deposit down for only two tickets when my letter came in the Fall, so I wonder if I am SOL.

I would think that the TO would move you so that they don't have a single seat to sell sitting next to you.

Bugging and bashing the TO is good karma? Well the IRS sucks then!

I love your optimism!!!! More should be like you!

More people might be optimistic if they used Craigslist to find their tickets and parking at face value. Craigs is a Skins fans best friend when looking for season tix in August or single game tix on Saturdays b/f home games.:2cents:

I'd like to chime in and agree with the others.....if you are trying to get from upper to lower level, three tickets is definitely the way to go. I've had my tickets for only three full seasons, and was upgraded last week from section 437 to section 133. Who knows if this was just a one time thing by the ticket office, but I never expected to be less than 10 rows from the field this soon.

bbruce0,

In 2005 I took the advice of my fellow Esers and called the ticket office about being upgraded. I got moved into section 403 (from 404) and down 14 rows.

So yes, calling does work.

I have called the ticket office twice so far this year about upgrades and the guy I spoke with (sounded like the same guy) said the 1st time to call back in early May. When I called back yesterday he said that they are working in upgrades but won't have many of them done until late May/Early June. I a sked if I should call back then and he said no, it will be done automatically.

Does that mean I will get upgraded?

Not sure. But I do think it helps and as long as you are polite and express that you'd like to be upgraded. It's worth a shot.

Just don't call everyday and be a pain in the ass or be a jerk on the phone and you'll be fine

If I ever get Green Parking, that'll be fine. But it's not a need for me. I like the blue parking at Jericho and it gets me on the beltway (and back to 50) pretty quickly- well quickly for somebody trying to get out of a 92,000 capacity stadium.

If I ever get Green Parking, that'll be fine. But it's not a need for me. I like the blue parking at Jericho and it gets me on the beltway (and back to 50) pretty quickly- well quickly for somebody trying to get out of a 92,000 capacity stadium.

Yea there doesn't seem to be much of a difference between green and blue. Some people are just lazy I guess and want to be carried to their seats :laugh:

I got an email from TO on Monday and, after 4 years in the Cave was able to move from section 215 into Section 224, row 10. I also asked about 2 UD seats I have in section 433, and was told that these are eligible to be upgraded too. Wooo-hooo!

I got an email from TO on Monday and, after 4 years in the Cave was able to move from section 215 into Section 224, row 10. I also asked about 2 UD seats I have in section 433, and was told that these are eligible to be upgraded too. Wooo-hooo!

Sounds like you won a Sweepstake!!!! I thought the odds of that happening were 1: 10,515!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I got an email from TO on Monday and, after 4 years in the Cave was able to move from section 215 into Section 224, row 10. Wooo-hooo!

Niiiiice! Corner of the Cave to the 15 yardline in front of the pillars. :cheers:

You may have to change your screen name now.

That's crazy. That's the best straight-up upgrade I've seen, read, or heard about in 12 years! You're gonna have to change your ES name now! Congrats! :cheers:

Well done! Congrats!

You're a better man than me...way to hold out and score those great seats!

I was part of the "obstructed view" fiasco, right after the Danny had the new seats installed.

They stuck me directly behind a pillar, in section 214. After a furious exchange of e-mails, and hours on the phone, I got moved back to the uppers.

They did, however, keep telling me that if I stuck it out, I'd be eligible to get moved to unobstructed seats. I couldn't stomach being behind the pillar.

I'm glad it worked out for you and it's refreshing to see that the TO did as they promised.

I am still waiting to see if I get called for an upgrade. I wonder how long it will take for them to finish calling people about upgrading.

They won't call you. The upgrades are done automatically (unless you move to a ticket that costs more $ which I doubt happens that often)

When I spoke to the TO, the other day, they told me to call back in early June.
It just keeps getting later and later

The underlying message still looks like more of a "don't call us, we'll call you" type of deal. It's understood that in years past calling over and over was the way to go. If you got the right person at the right time you were golden. But it looks like things have changed, and the only calling that matters is from them to you, if the price will change. It seems like a much better way to do it.

The underlying message still looks like more of a "don't call us, we'll call you" type of deal. It's understood that in years past calling over and over was the way to go. If you got the right person at the right time you were golden. But it looks like things have changed, and the only calling that matters is from them to you, if the price will change. It seems like a much better way to do it.

That seems to be the case. If so, it's definitely a change for the better.

For an exercise in frustration:

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=102355

Archived