Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Will Seat Upgrades be delayed this year?

bryantlc

A few years ago gasoline was $2.00 a gallon. Go to the gas station and ask for the prices from 2005. Then they don't give it to you complain and call them every couple of days. See if that works.................

Relevant, as ever. :rolleyes:

A few years ago gasoline was $2.00 a gallon. Go to the gas station and ask for the prices from 2005. Then they don't give it to you complain and call them every couple of days. See if that works.................

Ruggala, I have to chime in here and agree with the others. Your recent posts have tended towards the obnoxious. Why don't you dial it back a little bit.

Ruggala, I have to chime in here and agree with the others. Your recent posts have tended towards the obnoxious. Why don't you dial it back a little bit.

What's obnoxious about my posts? If you rather call the TO over and over to inquire about upgrades go ahead. I am just voicing my opinion that I think it would do more harm than good. But you guys have been around longer than me so what do I know? :D

What's obnoxious about my posts? If you rather call the TO over and over to inquire about upgrades go ahead. I am just voicing my opinion that I think it would do more harm than good. But you guys have been around longer than me so what do I know? :D

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're coming off as snotty and you sound like you're trying to start an argument, regardless of what your intentions were.

I called the T/O in April, and they told me that tickets would be upgraded in mid-May. Last week on Thursday, I got an email advising me that lower loever, non-obstructed 100s and 200s were available for upgrade and I should call immediately.

Of course, I called, and I asked if it would be a problem because I have 3 tickets - would there be a problem placing me? The guy told me that these beign offered were all groups of three. I moved from 450, row 10 to 132, Row 19. This is only my third season as a ticket holder.

I've gotta say to all you guys that are on the list - get 3 tickets when your number is called. The strange number is difficult to place, so you will move up FAST. By comparison, a friend of mine's brother that got 2 tickets the same year I did is about 4 rows in front of the 'D' in fedex at the very top of the stadium. I moved 1 section closer the the 50 and down 5 last year, and this year, I made the jump to the lowers. Should be a great year! Can't wait to work my way to mid-field!

You're entitled to your opinion, but you're coming off as snotty and you sound like you're trying to start an argument, regardless of what your intentions were.

Def not trying to start an arguement. On ES you can have any opinion you want........as long as it is the same as everyone else. :laugh:

If you were around a few years ago, you would know that there was an upgrade frenzy by people calling the T.O. - not the T.O. calling them. You would also realize that, over the years, the sqeaky wheel theory seems to be more successful than the "Don't PO the TO" theory.

I would keep making obnoxious, uninformative posts. I'm sure everyone else on the board would love that.

So is that theory working for you this year, calling the TO and asking for seats?

I don't know if our letter requesting an upgrade in our seats that we sent to them helped or not but....on 5/1, we got an email from the ticket office offering upgrades to LL seats. We called and asked what strings were attached. There were none.

So, we got upgraded from Sec 424 to Sec 134, Row 5!! They said they only emailed about 60 season ticket holders that day. They went fast as we were offered better sections but I had to check with the significant other first. I should have just said done deal...but I'll take 134! :)

I don't know if our letter requesting an upgrade in our seats that we sent to them helped or not but....on 5/1, we got an email from the ticket office offering upgrades to LL seats. We called and asked what strings were attached. There were none.

So, we got upgraded from Sec 424 to Sec 134, Row 5!! They said they only emailed about 60 season ticket holders that day. They went fast as we were offered better sections but I had to check with the significant other first. I should have just said done deal...but I'll take 134! :)

Sounds like they contacted you. Not the other way around. Interesting.................

I called the T/O in April, and they told me that tickets would be upgraded in mid-May. Last week on Thursday, I got an email advising me that lower loever, non-obstructed 100s and 200s were available for upgrade and I should call immediately.

Of course, I called, and I asked if it would be a problem because I have 3 tickets - would there be a problem placing me? The guy told me that these beign offered were all groups of three. I moved from 450, row 10 to 132, Row 19. This is only my third season as a ticket holder.

I've gotta say to all you guys that are on the list - get 3 tickets when your number is called. The strange number is difficult to place, so you will move up FAST. By comparison, a friend of mine's brother that got 2 tickets the same year I did is about 4 rows in front of the 'D' in fedex at the very top of the stadium. I moved 1 section closer the the 50 and down 5 last year, and this year, I made the jump to the lowers. Should be a great year! Can't wait to work my way to mid-field!

Sounds like they contacted you. Not the other way around. Interesting................

That makes sense. We were told we'd have a better chance to move if we got 3 tickets so we did and we got the email last week from them too. I did not know they were just contacting people with 3 tickets...

That makes sense. We were told we'd have a better chance to move if we got 3 tickets so we did and we got the email last week from them too. I did not know they were just contacting people with 3 tickets...

Yeah, I think that after the T.O does the annual renewals, they are stuck with several empty groups of three. I'm sure there are very few single ticket accounts, so the next step is probably to go to the 3s and 5s to fill in the odd numbers. I'm sure that this allows you to move very quickly, as opposed to the numerous groups of 4s/2s, which you will need to move in accordance with your seniority/other factors. Once the holes are filled, they probably go to the even numbered accounts.

If you were around a few years ago, you would know that there was an upgrade frenzy by people calling the T.O. - not the T.O. calling them. You would also realize that, over the years, the sqeaky wheel theory seems to be more successful than the "Don't PO the TO" theory.

I would keep making obnoxious, uninformative posts. I'm sure everyone else on the board would love that.

Wait he does that already!

By calling the ticket office last year, around July, thats how I was actually able to get Red Parking. The wait list for parking does not include the red or blue lots, only green, from what I'm told by the TO.

So is that theory working for you this year, calling the TO and asking for seats?

I'm not a sqeaky wheel type, so I don't use that theory. But, according to many posts I've seen in the past, it has for others. I do periodically call at what I perceive to be crucial times of the year, simply to inquire about my upgrade status, hoping I win the service lottery and get someone that can or will get me an upgrade.

It hasn't happened yet. It doesn't mean I won't keep trying.

I'm not a sqeaky wheel type, so I don't use that theory. But, according to many posts I've seen in the past, it has for others. I do periodically call at what I perceive to be crucial times of the year, simply to inquire about my upgrade status, hoping I win the service lottery and get someone that can or will get me an upgrade.

Waitlist is Red and Blue only. You have to have Red and Blue to get green.

Squeaky wheel theory not going to work! Keep calling and you will end up in the cave. Trust me!

Do you know if you can dump the third ticket the year after you are in a spot you are satisfied with? I put a deposit down for only two tickets when my letter came in the Fall, so I wonder if I am SOL.

How many seats do you have?

And your not?

Nope, merely telling him he needs to dial it back and lay off some of the others. However, I've already been warned that you can also be a pain in the butt, so we likely won't be communicating much further.

Good day to you sir.

Nope, merely telling him he needs to dial it back and lay off some of the others. However, I've already been warned that you can also be a pain in the butt, so we likely won't be communicating much further.

Good day to you sir.

The truth will set you free! Some people on this board don’t practice what they preach. Too bad they can’t admit it.

Archived