Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Die Hard Skins Fan Gets Disrespected

HoggLife

http://www.extremeskins.com/forums/showthread.php?t=244705

It's not the point that I would have been happy with someone overbidding me due to finding out I have a ton of money I have to pay for other services now. But if I would have won I would have been a man of my word and paid what I said I would. They actually auctioned it off once before and the guy couldnt pay what he said he could so they held another auction for it. This time as you can see I was active in posting for it even to the point asking a few times what method of payment as in Credit card, check, money order we could use to pay for it. I am a firm beliver in treat people like you wish to be treated and also being a man/woman of your word. In life all you have is you word so if it is no good either are you. I will always stick to my word even if an opportunity happens that will alowe me to earn an extra buck opens up! No PM soaying sorry buddy that be bent you over and stuck it up your rear lube free either. Thanks for all the respect and love to the ones that voiced their opinion after seeing how I got treated! To Pez and anyone else who may hold another auction I plan on not being apert of another one so thanks cause in reality I get screwed even more by doing this but I really cant trust people who dont stick to their word!

hey guy, did you get a chance to over bid that individual. If not, you certainly got screwed. I am pretty sure there was a double standard going on because she knows the inidividual, and you did it the right way. It was fine before when a well known poster they know at first didn't buy it and you did the proper steps to win the item.

hey guy, did you get a chance to over bid that individual. If not, you certainly got screwed. I am pretty sure there was a double standard going on because she knows the inidividual, and you did it the right way. It was fine before when a well known poster they know at first didn't buy it and you did the proper steps to win the item.

Dude, quit trying to make Huly and Pez look like *******s. I know both of them and they would never do something like that just cause they know someone.

Dude, quit trying to make Huly and Pez look like *******s. I know both of them and they would never do something like that just cause they know someone.

I agree with you but how can you have a public auction but let someone else bid through PM, how would you know what the current bid is??

The sad thing is it was for charity and Pez and Huly did have the right intentions.

Then again posting on a different thread and screaming you got screwed is not the right thing to do either.

I agree with you but how can you have a public auction but let someone else bid through PM, how would you know what the current bid is??

The sad thing is it was for charity and Pez and Huly did have the right intentions.

Thats not the part im disagreeing with. What im referring to is 2k trying to make it look like they only did it just cause they know dblaze and Reic. That is a non issue, they wouldve done it for anyone. Regardless Skins Fan since 1989 should have been given a chance to match the bid.

Here were the rules for bidding...

The Auction

The auction starts today and will continue through till next Monday (April

28) at Noon (12pm). If you would like to make a bid, just post "BID:" and then

the amount you would like to bid (example - BID: $500.00). We ask that you

do not bid unless you are very sure. You will be bound to your bid!! Please

note, the winner will pay for shipping or if you are local, meet us to receive

the item.

TK, aka 21, posted the following...

"Do NOT bid here unless you are absolutely serious.

Thanks in advance."

Not taking sides, but the rules seem fairly clear. I hope it can be resolved to everyone's satisfaction.

I definitely think you got a raw deal here, but if you're not willing to pay at least $750.01, it should probably just go to DBlaze.

The whole point of an auction is to make it so that people who really want it will bid higher and higher amounts ... A private bid defeats that purpose, but it is a lot more money.

The REAL winner here was Darrell Green's Youth Life Foundation. Let's try to remember that.
I think the fair thing to do would be to give Skins Fan Since 1988 a last chance to bid over $750. If he isn't willing to pay that much, then it should just go to DBlaze, and the kids should get the extra money. :2cents:

As an impartial observer, I think the OP has a valid point too.

Even with the best intentions, you can see how this comes across as somewhat sketchy.

I think if the names were changed, and it didn't involve some of the more well known posters here, this might be more apparent.

I'm not going to close this, though I probably should.

For fear that if I do, we'll only hear one side of the story. Now that said... I think in some respects it kind of sucks that a couple of great ES members decided, ON THEIR OWN, to put up a great piece of memorabilia FOR CHARITY.

And in return, they get 2 auctions that go badly.

I hope that the OP and the auctioneers can come to some sort of resolution on this. Because I'm CERTAIN that Pez and Huly were not trying to screw anyone, and it's a shame that someone feels this way. And also, I feel bad for them that they try and do a good (great) thing, and it ends up going like this. Twice.

Hopefully this thread will be productive in that regard.

This is about charity yes, but also a rare piece of memorabilia. The important thing is that the money is going to a good cause, but the fact remains that the OP was under every impression that he had won until hours after the auction had ended. I'm wondering why the person that sent the PM couldn't just bid in the actual thread. Seems shady to me because he/she could have been scoping the thread the entire time only to send a PM with a considerably larger bid that nobody in the thread would get to see and have a chance to beat

For fear that if I do, we'll only hear one side of the story. Now that said... I think in some respects it kind of sucks that a couple of great ES members decided, ON THEIR OWN, to put up a great piece of memorabilia FOR CHARITY.

Not only did they put it up ON THEIR OWN, but they bought from someone at Redskins Park with their own money & then put it up FOR CHARITY.

What REALLY pisses me off here is when someone PMs not only me about it, but at least pez as well, & instead of waiting to get a response, they then go start a thread about it before I get time to even respond to their PM.

What REALLY pisses me off here is when someone PMs not only me about it, but at least pez as well, & instead of waiting to get a response, they then go start a thread about it before I get time to even respond to their PM.

Wow, that DOES suck.

to the OP... also, a less hostile thread title might help your cause a bit. Saying you were 'disrespected' kind of sets a ****ty tone from the get go, doesn't it? What were you hoping to accomplish by that?

well...this worked out well.

im glad we can all remember that the money went to a good cause.

If it makes you feel better I will make my donation to the Darrell Green Charity anyways. I think that part is GREAT. I was just upset that I got disrespected. If you had been in my shoes I guarentee you would not have been happy with it either. I don't like to bash any fellow Skins fan or make anyone look bad but I do feel completely disrespected and I never even got a courtousy " Sorry bout your luck buddy". This really does make me sad to be treated this way and I am glad Zoony at least gave me my respect by not closing this thread!

Zoony, I'm glad that you are not closing this thread. It needs to be resolved to everyone's satisfaction. I'm not taking sides, but it's hard to ignore that this auction has caused problems on two occasions now.

I used to be a mod in a popular sports forum until recently. We had a similar situation with memorablilia that was being offered by Nascar driver Elliott Sadler. It got to the point where heated exchanges between bidders and Sadler's PR person distracted from the good intentions.

Somehow, I had a feeling that things could get dicey with this auction too. May I suggest that future auctions or offerings take place on a certain auction site and let everyone at ES know about it? This would avoid any of the problems that we have seen in these two bidding events.

And in return, they get 2 auctions that go badly.

I hope that the OP and the auctioneers can come to some sort of resolution on this. Because I'm CERTAIN that Pez and Huly were not trying to screw anyone, and it's a shame that someone feels this way. And also, I feel bad for them that they try and do a good (great) thing, and it ends up going like this. Twice.

Well, Pez and Huly certainly aren't to blame, and I don't think the OP is to blame either.

In the first auction, it was obviously Reic's ****-up to bid something he wasn't able to pay right away.

In the second auction, DBlaze's PM bid was not the right way to go about things. He was signed into ES, and all he had to do was post in the thread, and I don't think anyone would have bid over $750 in the ten minutes before the auction ended...

Unfortunately, a public message board just might not be the best place for an auction like this. When people sell tickets here, we don't do it auction-style because the software is just not designed for this. I bet if it had been put on ebay, only ES'ers would be bidding $500 anyways, so that might have worked better. Also, perhaps the Redskins or the Darrell Green Youth Life Foundation could have held their own auction.

Wow, that DOES suck.

to the OP... also, a less hostile thread title might help your cause a bit. Saying you were 'disrespected' kind of sets a ****ty tone from the get go, doesn't it? What were you hoping to accomplish by that?

I wanted to make sure that no one else again gets disrespected like this again so if another Auction happens on our site a Mod or someone else can keep an eye on it and make sure things are fair. Ya it might be a ****ty title to the thread but I feel 100% disrespected. Wouldnt you if you were in my shoes seriously. It is not the point of if I got it or not I have faith in our team, and this site and I took it up the rear for having faith that the auction was going to be "FAIR"!

Archived