Washington Football Team Logo
Extremeskins

Redskins 08 OFFICIAL Schedule & Press Release (MERGED)

terpcap24

9/4 @ NYG

9/14 vs NO

9/21 vs ARI

9/28 @ DAL

10/5 @ PHI

10/12 vs STL

10/19 vs CLE

10/26 @ DET

11/3 vs PIT

BYE

11/16 vs DAL

11/23 @ SEA

11/30 vs NYG

12/7 @ BAL

12/14 @ CIN

12/21 vs PHI

12/20 @ SF

Washington Redskins Wk Date Matchup Time 1 Sept. 4 (Thurs.) at New York Giants 7 p.m.

2 Sept. 14 New Orleans Saints 1 p.m.

3 Sept. 21 Arizona Cardinals 1 p.m.

4 Sept. 28 at Dallas Cowboys 4:15 p.m.

5 Oct. 5 at Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m.

6 Oct. 12 St. Louis Rams 1 p.m.

7 Oct. 19 Cleveland Browns 4:15 p.m.

8 Oct. 26 at Detroit Lions 1 p.m.

9 Nov. 3 (Mon.) Pittsburgh Steelers 8:30 p.m.

10 Nov. 9 Bye

11 Nov. 16 Dallas Cowboys* 8:15 p.m.

12 Nov. 23 at Seattle Seahawks 4:15 p.m.

13 Nov. 30 New York Giants 1 p.m.

14 Dec. 7 at Baltimore Ravens 1 p.m.

15 Dec. 14 at Cincinnati Bengals 1 p.m.

16 Dec. 21 Philadelphia Eagles 1 p.m. 17 Dec. 28 at San Francisco 49ers

4:15 p.m.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d807c5b33&template=with-video&confirm=true

PRESS RELEASE

For Immediate Release April 15, 2008

WASHINGTON REDSKINS ANNOUNCE 2008 SCHEDULE

ASHBURN, VA – The National Football League announced today the release of the 2008 NFL regular season schedule and the Washington Redskins will open the season against the Super Bowl Champion New York Giants. The game will be televised to a national audience on Thursday, September 4th at 7:00 pm at Giants Stadium on NBC.

The Redskins open up the home campaign against Reggie Bush and the New Orleans Saints on Sunday, September 14th. The Saints have not played in Washington since the 2003 season, but running back Reggie Bush competed at FedExField during his junior season at Southern California in a game against Virginia Tech. He finished with 258 all-purpose yards and three touchdown receptions.

The schedule includes three nationally televised games, including the Week 1 match-up with the Giants: a Week 9 matchup with the Pittsburgh Steelers at FedExField on November 3rd on ESPN’s Monday Night Football, and a Week 11 home game against division rival the Dallas Cowboys on November 16th on NBC’s Sunday Night Football.

The bye week will fall in Week 10. In addition to their division rivals, the Redskins and FedExField will be host to the Saints in Week 2, Cardinals in Week 3, Rams in Week 6, Browns in Week 7 and Steelers in Week 9.

After opening the season on the road against the Giants, the Redskins next two road opponents this season include trips to their remainder NFC East rivals: Weeks 4 at Dallas and Week 5 at Philadelphia. Other road games include: Detroit in Week 8, Seattle in Week 12, Baltimore in Week 14, Cincinnati in Week 15 and the final regular season game at San Francisco in Week 17.

“I look forward to the 2008 season. We have a tremendous challenge before us with our upcoming schedule,” said Head Coach Jim Zorn “We open with the defending Super Bowl Champion New York Giants and three of our first five games are against division rivals which will be a tough task in the best division in football. I know the fans will be thrilled for our first home game at FedExField against the New Orleans Saints. I am very excited to hear our fans and the atmosphere in support of this team. The League gave me an extra bonus in returning to Seattle to coach against my former team and great coach Mike Holmgren in late November.”

Date Opponent Time* Television

Thursday, September 4 @ New York Giants 7 PM NBC

Sunday, September 14 NEW ORLEANS SAINTS 1 PM FOX

Sunday, September 21 ARIZONA CARDINALS 1 PM FOX

Sunday, September 28 @ Dallas Cowboys 4:15 PM FOX

Sunday, October 5 @ Philadelphia Eagles 1 PM FOX

Sunday, October 12 ST. LOUIS RAMS 1 PM FOX

Sunday, October 19 CLEVELAND BROWNS 4:15 PM CBS

Sunday, October 26 @ Detroit Lions 1 PM FOX

Monday, November 3 PITTSBURGH STEELERS 8:30 PM ESPN

Sunday, November 9 -- Bye Week --

Sunday, November 16 DALLAS COWBOYS 8:15 PM NBC

Sunday, November 23 @ Seattle Seahawks 4:15 PM FOX

Sunday, November 30 NEW YORK GIANTS 1 PM FOX

Thursday, December 7 @ Baltimore Ravens 1 PM FOX ***

Sunday, December 14 @ Cincinnati Bengals 1 PM FOX

Sunday, December 21 PHILADELPHIA EAGLES 1 PM FOX

Sunday, December 28 @ San Francisco 49ers 4:15 PM FOX

* Times listed are Eastern Time Zone

** Primetime, national broadcast games in bold.

*** Appears to be a misprint (December 7 is a Sunday)

Now I just have to figure out what game to make the trip for. That 11/3 Monday nighter vs Pittsburgh looks pretty tempting. Plus banks are closed the next day so I can take that day off.... :)

Anyone know the Broncos schedule yet????? THEY RULE!!!!!!!

Archived